talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

13 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Report: Tottenham Hotspur join Diego Laxalt race, alternative to Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon 

Manchester United remain interested in Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon - ESPN

Do you really have to post in massive coloured letters everytime United are linked to someone? 

What are you like 12?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Da Silva is on loan at Charlton and Kane is out on his 107th loan for some god forsaken team. We don't integrate youngsters here. 

Rahman is out with an ACL injury so we have our hands tied. 

Nathan Aké would've provided cover for 2 or 3 positions. :coffee:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Sessagnon has just signed a new contract so I doubt he will be sold. 

Actually, strong rumours from our ITK's that we're going to buy him this week but we'll see

• Subscriber

Personally don't think there's a chance Vardy goes. If we're not selling Mahrez after he's asked to go then we're not selling Vardy, who I'd say is even more important, when he hasn't. I think we'd demand absurd money too for someone of his age.

Drinkwater I feel may be off. I'm sure someone at Chelsea made noises about wanting him reading to play against Spurs - so, this reported "injury" of his would therefore be bollocks.

Mahrez I called to stay a while back and that looks to be the case, for the exact reason I mentioned, we'll price any buyer out. A massively talented player, but one who will be deemed a risk after the season he had last year.

Shakespeare's made noises that we're not finished yet. I get the feeling we're going to sign a centre half. I think it's probably needed too, Morgan's starting to look off the pace and Huth could go the same way after his injury. Benalouane I'm 95% certain will be going with Osmanlispor reportedly interested.

If we signed a quality left sided centre half and another right back as Simpson needs someone to push him then I think we've had an excellent window.

Think we need to shift a couple though, it's a big squad. Cannot work out at all why they're giving Ulloa another year's deal. He's a liability these days.

21 hours ago, Storts said:

Actually, strong rumours from our ITK's that we're going to buy him this week but we'll see

Unless something drastic has happened behind the scenes in the last week I doubt that will happen this window.

Do your ITK's know anything about the Wimmer and Vorm rumours with us? Any credibility or just lazy journalism because you've signed players in their position? 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Ox told he is free to leave after refusing to sign a new contract. 

Arsenal are falling apart.  Not because we could lose Oxlade-Chamberlain, but because the whole situation surrounding contracts at Arsenal is even too funny for a Monty Python scene.  I would've kept him!

There are other overvalued players at the club that make everything even more funny.

I don't particularly rate him that highly but I would actually take Ox for his versatility depending on the price. 

Not interested in any of the Leicester lot, Vardy, Drinkwater and Mahrez. Vardy would ruin his career and needs to stay at Leicester, Drinkwater is a joke for the price and with Mahrez, we have Pedro and Musonda no need.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd gladly welcome Ox here but he will more than likely be a rotation player. 

Unless Conte rates him better than Moses

Rotation players can pick up the slack and outperform the starters. That is what I'd hope for.

Just now, Spike said:

Rotation players can pick up the slack and outperform the starters. That is what I'd hope for.

Agreed. Don't understand the OX wanting to play CM theory as well. He's only played maybe a small handful of times in the centre out of nearly 200 appearances for Arsenal. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Agreed. Don't understand the OX wanting to play CM theory as well. He's only played maybe a small handful of times in the centre out of nearly 200 appearances for Arsenal. 

He's been decent in central midfield - at least when I've seen him there - so I can see him using that as a bargaining tool

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

He's been decent in central midfield - at least when I've seen him there - so I can see him using that as a bargaining tool

The best he's given to Arsenal has been in central midfield. Many Arsenal fans think he gave the 100% he usually doesn't so as to earn a new contract but the facts remain... He was Arsenal's best player last season and that analysis is based on 3 months worth of last season's football which tells you the dross we had to cope with as fans. 

10 minutes ago, Batard said:

His best attribute is driving with the ball. There is a reason why Wenger nor the national side  consider him in as a CM. But we are apparently the experts? 

Not a dig at you mate, just saying he may look good there given the few times he's played centre, but there are a lot of variables to consider. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His best attribute is driving with the ball. There is a reason why Wenger nor the national side  consider him in as a CM. But we are apparently the experts? 

Not a dig at you mate, just saying he may look good there given the few times he's played centre, but there are a lot of variables to consider. 

Wenger played him in midfield last season mate.  We shouldn't go citing Wenger's decisions on an analysis of whether someone is apt or not for a situation.

I personally haven't seen the Ox play as well as his performances at the back end of last season in central midfield.  Now, if the case is that he's better elsewhere, then we have to question his commitment when he's played in what many think is his better position on the field of play.

Put it this way...  If he wants a move, it won't be to win trophies while sitting on the bench watching.  It'll be to play!  If he were to choose one bench for another, then that would prove to me what I've thought about him for a long time and I would then be happy he's gone and we got any money for him.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived