talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Can't beat a full English breakfast. The stuff that dreams are made of. 

Obviously with the tomato, egg and mushrooms removed. 

Love full English breakfast for hangover. 

On 24/08/2018 at 00:07, JOSHBRFC said:

Apart from... fuck all.

I bet you are like those people I bump into in the canteen who always say "Are you here again" conveniently forgetting that they must be in there an equal amount of time if they make an observation like that... 

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Had a rough couple of days. Cut my hand and damaged a tendon in my left hand (my fretting hand fml). Fortunately just got back for the corrective surgery for it after a long and awful day.

Sounds a bit shit and probably a bit painful too unless you took any special medication with you just in case... How did that happen then?? 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I bet you are like those people I bump into in the canteen who always say "Are you here again" conveniently forgetting that they must be in there an equal amount of time if they make an observation like that... 

Sounds a bit shit and probably a bit painful too unless you took any special medication with you just in case... How did that happen then?? 

A broken beer bottle and a drunk Gonzo cleaning it up happened. Yeah I’m loaded up on special medication after surgery & they’ve sent me home with a prescription for more.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A broken beer bottle and a drunk Gonzo cleaning it up happened. Yeah I’m loaded up on special medication after surgery & they’ve sent me home with a prescription for more.

You didn't go for the hero hand and finger clean up did you??? always ends badly that one.. 

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You didn't go for the hero hand and finger clean up did you??? always ends badly that one.. 

Honestly I can’t remember what sort of stupid way I did it, all I can say is use toast to get all the glass pieces - it’s surprisingly effective.

Other people took care of the cleanup once I was done bleeding all over the place.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly I can’t remember what sort of stupid way I did it, all I can say is use toast to get all the glass pieces - it’s surprisingly effective.

Other people took care of the cleanup once I was done bleeding all over the place.

If a glass or something gets smashed in our house I go straight in with palm open picking up as many bits as I can because of Leelah and the Dog and because there is never a pan and brush when you need one... 

Toast??? how did that come about? xD

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If a glass or something gets smashed in our house I go straight in with palm open picking up as many bits as I can because of Leelah and the Dog and because there is never a pan and brush when you need one... 

Toast??? how did that come about? xD

Someone said they saw it off the internet. It was pretty impressive.

I’m going to highly recommend that you don’t go in palm open picking up glass though. You’ve got a lot of tendons that aren’t that far from the skin if the glass does cut you deeper than the surface.

I would also like the say that I miss the NHS. My work changed our insurance plans from a PPO to an HMO (which I’m going to be honest, means fuck all to me other than how it impacted me yesterday). It made being seen by a surgeon a real pain in the arse, I spent 6 hours most of yesterday trying to get my fucking insurance to cover the surgery & that made the second half of the day very long.

3 months until I can type with new hands and attempt to relearn how to play the guitar with a less dexterous middle finger! Physical therapy starts Tuesday for me. I’m pretty upset with the whole thing.

Be careful with broken glass everybody, we are fragile!

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Someone said they saw it off the internet. It was pretty impressive.

I’m going to highly recommend that you don’t go in palm open picking up glass though. You’ve got a lot of tendons that aren’t that far from the skin if the glass does cut you deeper than the surface.

I would also like the say that I miss the NHS. My work changed our insurance plans from a PPO to an HMO (which I’m going to be honest, means fuck all to me other than how it impacted me yesterday). It made being seen by a surgeon a real pain in the arse, I spent 6 hours most of yesterday trying to get my fucking insurance to cover the surgery & that made the second half of the day very long.

3 months until I can type with new hands and attempt to relearn how to play the guitar with a less dexterous middle finger! Physical therapy starts Tuesday for me. I’m pretty upset with the whole thing.

Be careful with broken glass everybody, we are fragile!

I don't scoop it with my palm, just use it to hold the bits I am picking up.. but you are right, only takes one daft incident to realize how dangerous it is.. 

On 25/08/2018 at 05:45, Stan said:

Spent the best part of 10 and a half hours today moving out of my flat with the help of my dad. Moving back home as my flat is now being rented from next week, which will help towards saving for future i.e house and wedding. 

I'm absolutely shattered. Been in my flat 3 years and it wasn't even the stuff that generally accumulates in a property. There was so much heavy furniture which we kinda underestimated and it was just us 2 moving it and then loading/unloading from the van. Feel like if just gone through a boot camp/insanity workout xD

Are you engaged? If not why the fuck you thinking about saving for a wedding? 👀

• Subscriber

Been giving semi-serious thought to setting up a blog where I can chat shit about Everton and football in general. After all my time at university and finishing my Masters I realised that while I'm a mathematician I'm actually pretty good at writing. I even used to write match reports for my Mum on the Cambridge website sometimes when I was younger xD. The only things putting me off are how hard it is to get people reading and make sure it's not totally pointless and whether I'll be arsed committing time to doing it to a half-decent standard by the time school kicks off again.

I don't know, I enjoy writing and football so it seems like it might be worth a go just to see if it picks up interest but there's so many people out there doing a similar thing and people with YouTube channels which obviously appeals much more to a wider audience because of our collective lack of attention span these days that it might be a waste of time.

Any thoughts are welcome I guess.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Been giving semi-serious thought to setting up a blog where I can chat shit about Everton and football in general. After all my time at university and finishing my Masters I realised that while I'm a mathematician I'm actually pretty good at writing. I even used to write match reports for my Mum on the Cambridge website sometimes when I was younger xD. The only things putting me off are how hard it is to get people reading and make sure it's not totally pointless and whether I'll be arsed committing time to doing it to a half-decent standard by the time school kicks off again.

I don't know, I enjoy writing and football so it seems like it might be worth a go just to see if it picks up interest but there's so many people out there doing a similar thing and people with YouTube channels which obviously appeals much more to a wider audience because of our collective lack of attention span these days that it might be a waste of time.

You'd need something specific to focus it on, if it's just done in general then there are probably a lot of blogs about like that.

Maybe focus on something statistics based if not already something done, maybe an indepth look at your style of play and tactics that maybe gets a generalised view in other blogs.

Maybe try a comedic angry man rambling on a backbone of common sense/logical thinking.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

You'd need something specific to focus it on, if it's just done in general then there are probably a lot of blogs about like that.

Maybe focus on something statistics based if not already something done, maybe an indepth look at your style of play and tactics that maybe gets a generalised view in other blogs.

Maybe try a comedic angry man rambling on a backbone of common sense/logical thinking.

Yeah I think I'd go for the "semi-angry but not taking it too seriously in reality" look and I'd probably write about stuff when I get pissed off at media narratives (which I complain about nearly every day on here) offering a different view on some talking points.

I'm about to fucking cry, I'm so angry and upset. My dearly beloved record collection which was in storage has been water damaged. A collection upwards of $500, with albums from my childhood that I did chores to afford have effectively been destroyed. CDs! The water damage is so severe the jewel cases themselves and the discs are growing fucking mold. FUCKING MOLD ON THE DISCS. I've loved and taken care of these things since I was a child, and there are albums that my wife feels the same way about. Some are second generation handy downs from family members, gifts. I feel like a chunk of childhood has been spat on. 

If the motherfucks don't pay out compensation for this, I'm going mental.

Edited by Spike

Just now, Cannabis said:

Joking aside that's absolutely shambolic and I do feel for you. So what's the score, the storage company lousy and didn't check for leaks? Were they not checked up on? 

Hope you get compensated to soften the blow.

It leaked in the corner of the unit. I'm guessing that the water leaked up through the corner because it's the only thing damaged out of everything. and the stuff on top of it is fine. 

Ahhhhhh, the discs are probably fine and usable but that's not the point. I collect music and I've always had pride in having a nice shelf full of my albums that friends and family can see and put music on when they visit. What's the point in having them all in a stupid disc folder?! There are even some old/rare local Chicago albums that probably didn't even get pressed more than once.

On 27/08/2018 at 06:16, RandoEFC said:

Are you a maths teacher? 

On 26/08/2018 at 23:16, RandoEFC said:

Why don't you test it out on here?

Could give you a quick jump start to getting people reading it and getting feedback etc.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Are you a maths teacher? 

I am indeed.

10 minutes ago, Rab said:

Why don't you test it out on here?

Could give you a quick jump start to getting people reading it and getting feedback etc.

Yeah might be a shout. There's a good chance that this idea fizzles out by this time next week when schools back in though xD.

On 26/08/2018 at 23:16, RandoEFC said:

I’m sure @Blue can offer some advice? Very experienced and successful Blogger, author etc.