talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Steve Bruce Leaves Newcastle By 'Mutual Consent'

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the Bournemouth link between Eddie Howe, Callum Wilson, Ryan Fraser and Matt Ritchie it does make sense. His Bournemouth team were slyly dirty but they all worked hard for one another and must have covered more distance than most teams in the league consecutively for a couple of seasons. The brand of football he prefers to play is what Newcastle fans would preferably like to see too. As a stop-gap appointment to the end of the season they could do far worse.

I hope for there sake they look to adapt a more modern approach to transfer dealings though. There was a period where it felt like every transfer window the lower half clubs would all be waiting to see whether prices would lower and then Bournemouth would inflate the value of almost every average player tenfold by paying extortionate amounts for the likes of Afobe, Ibe, Solanke etc before the discussion of "there hasn't been as much business as I expected" is mentioned at the end of the transfer window.

That said, January couldn't come soon enough for them. There's at least seventeen better teams than them in this division at present. I imagine they'll look at the likes or Tarkowski, Aarons etc now and then build on that framework in the summer.

Whatever we think of Bruce they were close to mid-table this season before all the speculation started.

Any manager coming in needs a couple of results to avoid getting caught in the bottom three.

Howe is not known for relegation avoidance, that is Big Sam except his last job.

I think Howe would be an interesting appointment assuming it goes through and of course as others have said he knows some of the squad.

I would expect the Geordies would like his brand of football assuming they avoid the drop.

• Subscriber

I hope the new owners give him plenty of dosh to build the team, he did well at Bournemouth and I would presume the Russian owners there did not have the same amount of dosh splashing around like PCP Capital Partners.

Eddie deserves a bit of luck and I hope he does well at Toon land and make @The Premier Steve's have happy dreams and wet the bed with excitement. xD

Looks like he's bringing all his Bournemouth backroom staff.

Wonder where this leaves Ryan Fraser who fell out with Eddie Howe and refused to play as Bournemouth got relegated.

:ph34r:

Remember when Howe was linked under Ashley and Steve Bruce mocked him, calling him the fella who got Bournemouth relegated :4_joy:

Archived