talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Steve Bruce Leaves Newcastle By 'Mutual Consent'

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If recommendations are only going in this week then Jones is definitely in charge for Brighton next weekend. 

Whoever comes in has a huge job on their hands trying to get points on the board before January.

All probability Jones will stick to the same bus parking line up with wingers out of position at Brighton.

Each game that passes I become more and more convinced we are going to have to start again in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

If recommendations are only going in this week then Jones is definitely in charge for Brighton next weekend. 

Whoever comes in has a huge job on their hands trying to get points on the board before January.

All probability Jones will stick to the same bus parking line up with wingers out of position at Brighton.

Each game that passes I become more and more convinced we are going to have to start again in the Championship. 

Well January is going to be a huge month.

It feels very reminiscent of the time when West Ham got taken over and they signed the likes of Boa-Morte, Neill, Upson etc in January whilst appointing Curbishley. Didn't save themselves until the last game of the season despite having Carlos Tevez and a huge financial advantage at the time.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well January is going to be a huge month.

It feels very reminiscent of the time when West Ham got taken over and they signed the likes of Boa-Morte, Neill, Upson etc in January whilst appointing Curbishley. Didn't save themselves until the last game of the season despite having Carlos Tevez and a huge financial advantage at the time.

We need a big turn around now just to stay in it for January.

Checked and West Ham had 17 points going into January that year. For us to get to that we'd need 13 points from the below fixtures. The year Rafa didn't win any of the first 10 games we made it to January with 18 points and flew once Almiron was signed.

7 hours ago, shut up said:

What's taking so long to appoint a new manager?

They say they want to take their time to get it right. Can either take them for their word or assume some sort leadership vacuum. 

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@The Premier Steve's, Nuno has just got the sack from Spurs, would you have him in Toon land? 

Probably yeah.

• Subscriber

Newcastle have now agreed Unai Emery deal – Fee & contract details revealed in new report

The Times are reporting that Newcastle United have now struck a deal to bring Unai Emery to St James’ Park.

They claim that a £5m compensation package has been agreed between Newcastle United and Villarreal for Emery’s services, also revealing details of the contract he is expected to sign on Tyneside.

It’s said he will sign a THREE-year deal at the club – which includes an option to extend by a further year, potentially keeping him at Newcastle until 2025.

Martin Hardy (The Times) also writes that he looks set to take charge of our upcoming clash with Brighton on Saturday, with his official appointment expected to be announced in the coming days.

The report states that Eddie Howe had been considered, however it seems Emery impressed the new NUFC board during a Zoom call held last Friday and looks set to become Steve Bruce’s long-term replacement.

It remains to be seen if he’ll take charge of Villarreal’s UCL clash with Young Boys tonight, however Sky Sports have suggested he could lead the La Liga side for the final time before travelling to Tyneside tomorrow.

With us second bottom, without a win in 10 league games and six points from safety, let’s hope this news is true – and followed by a big win this weekend!

A top manager with unfinished business in England and a clear sign that our new owners have the ambition required to achieve more than just Premier League safety in the coming seasons.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2021/11/02/newcastle-have-now-agreed-unai-emery-deal-fee-full-contract-details-revealed-in-new-report/

• Subscriber

I actually quite rate that as an appointment. He's an odd one Emery. He has granted not got loads of experience of this kind of situation but I dunno - is the objective at the end of the day not just simply to try and win as many games as possible regardless of where you are? Think I'm probably guilty of it but you're aiming for the same thing. It's not like he's never managed a poor side before either.

Good move for me. Whatever your view on the takeover it's hard to not find the whole thing quite interesting.

• Subscriber

Think Unai will get them out of relegation for sure. Yeah his previous stint in the Prem wasn't all that good but I think with the resources to back him and the fact that he has no pressure to win a title yet he might actually be able to pull this off. And if Newcastle ever get into the Europa league they may have a good chance of actually winning it. This guy is a magician in that tournament.

• Administrator

'unnecessary huge pressure on matchday'?

Would like to know what that means in more detail. From the owners or the fans? 

Also, 'not a clear vision for the club' is quite telling. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nuno? Surely. If Emery won't, Nuno is a good option for the same reason. 
5 at the back, good width, and Newcastle have some pacey threats and a clinical striker to punish teams on the break. 

If he kept his powder dry this summer I imagine fans and people alike would have been in favour of it as an appointment to get to the top half. With the players at Newcastle's disposal it would make a lot of sense.

Archived