The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-2 Man City - Saturday 6th November, 2021

football forums

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Never a corner that. Could be soft for a penalty but how does VAR does not see Telles doesn't touch it.

Telles does get a slight touch on it.

Tide at United turning, it seems. The “internet fans” have been Solskjaer Out for a while but the “matchgoing fans” have largely been behind him but the support of Van de Beek, fans leaving early and discontent at the end and he’s now properly under pressure. 

City had gears to go up if they needed but never looked like relinquishing their grip on the control of that game and United looked lost across the park, their lack of organisation at the back is horrific, it’s lower league stuff. 

City never got out of first give, which is terrifying. The Glazers will keep Solksjaer in place till we’re out of Europe, then pull the trigger. Which is completely fucking pointless because the damage will have been done in the league by then. Utterly clueless.

I feel a little sorry for Richards. He's not the most eloquent but is being totally honest and genuinely diagnosing the massive issue in the club but Ole's Mates are attempting to overwhelm him. 

Mind you, at least Keane is more reasonable than Neville. 

The fact that Gary Neville cannot get his head around the fact that van Gaal and Mourinho are not two of the best managers in the world is truly staggering

He really does everything to avoid the truth of Ole. How he can say they've already tried Mourinho....as if Mourinho's United weren't at their peak better than Ole's. Ole's stint in charge has been summed up by the fact he can't accrue more points than Jose did at his peak (81) and can't win silverware as Jose did.

She asked him whether he could truly say that Van Gaal and Mourinho were "world class managers" when they were at United because their best days were believed (correctly) to be behind them.

Neville has been getting away with saying for weeks that "United hired world class managers at their best and it didn't work" to dissuade the club from sacking his mate for weeks, it's about time someone called this.

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think it's now so bad that's its reached the point where teams don't even really see the worth in battering United. 

As a United fan I can admit it's hurt more watching two good teams taking their foot off the gas then it would have done if the game stayed competitive.

Not that either game was very competitive but in both horror shows it hurt watching United accept the game being turned into a training ground exercise.

Ole has to go, we've spent an absolute fortune to be competitive and we now look worse than when he started. There are some really good players being mismanaged. 

I just don't see what the game plan is anymore, we're not even attempting to counter teams, it was almost like we set up to keep the scoreline down rather than compete to win.

• Subscriber

Genuine question, what are Man Utd trying to prove by dragging out this whole Solskjaer experiment?

The whole Neville thing is getting beyond parody as well. Man Utd sacked Mourinho, got Solskjaer in, he's doing even worse despite being backed to the hilt in the transfer market, yet Mourinho was a failure and Solskjaer deserves more time apparently. And this isn't me saying they shouldn't have sacked Mourinho, it's just the glaring double standard.

I didn't catch this game but I've seen some of the usual reaction on Twitter. The fact is that it's become a legitimate debate in the public space whether or not its anything other than totally fucking unacceptable from Man Utd's perspective to lose back to back home games to Liverpool and Man City with a whimper, shown in humiliating fashion just how far still are away from competing, and nobody in the media is a bigger culprit for that happening than Gary Neville.

• Subscriber

Only got the score when the game finished but it's the same old story, Ole will give all his excuses and say "We will get there eventually..." by that I take it he means when we are staring relegation in the face and we just survive.

The same old story again, Ole must go, if he cannot motivate a side of millionaire players then what's the point of him being there, I heard that he does not take the training sessions and leaves that down to the coaching staff (set pieces etc) so that's him passing the buck if it all goes wrong in a game... give me strength.

Ole - It's just a little airborne, it's still good...it's still good.

Neville is beyond parody because he's part of the continuous nostalgia-wank going on around United. Be proud of your history by all means but people like Ole, Neville etc have no ideas for the future, they just want to relive twenty years ago over and over again and they are resistant to taking United away from this imaginary "United DNA" where they can constantly pretend Ferguson is still the boss and are resistant to any injections of reality - they think doing the same thing over and over will work and it will just magically happen because they're Manchester United.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived