talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If that audios from 2020 it raises the question of how many times it’s happened.

Obviously one time is one time too many, but I’m sure that’s something that’ll be looked into

The audio is dated October 2021, the photos started from 2020.

A lot of rumours now circulating that the club and Gareth Southgate have been aware of this stuff for two years. Whether this is true or not is yet to be confirmed but it would seem they maybe were hoping it was juvenile thing and that he maybe would grow up at some point. 

The audio clip completely changes things now though, regardless of his value or talent he needs locking up and teaching a harsh lesson. He won't have earned enough to keep up his current lifestyle, he will one day be sat at home thinking he had the world at his feet and he blew the lot because he wanted his end away.

“Grow up at some point” 

He’s battered and raped his ex girlfriend, not wrecked a hotel room. Fuck sake, whether he was 18 or 50, he has done horrible stuff and deserves to lose everything. If Utd and Southgate genuinely knew about this, then I wish nothing but the absolute worst for them going forward. 

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

“Grow up at some point” 

He’s battered and raped his ex girlfriend, not wrecked a hotel room. Fuck sake, whether he was 18 or 50, he has done horrible stuff and deserves to lose everything. If Utd and Southgate genuinely knew about this, then I wish nothing but the absolute worst for them going forward. 

I wasn't suggesting they were hoping he'd grow up from assault and rape.

They could have known he relationship issues and it was effecting his performances, I never once suggested they'd brush assault or rape under the carpet in the hope he'd grow out of it.

This is no doubt a new development that has shocked them just as much as it has everyone else.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ai. Couldn’t believe he says “well I asked politely”. I’m just worried it prejudices any potential proceedings as she’s shared it on social media. His lawyers will argue he’d never get a fair trial.

Think her having an unreleased long version will help?

Does on a side note make you wonder about what is allowed to slide culturally at the highest level of sport, surely this isn’t the first the club have heard of his behaviour in general? Alongside that they have their talisman who has in a transcript admitted to rape.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Does on a side note make you wonder about what is allowed to slide culturally at the highest level of sport, surely this isn’t the first the club have heard of his behaviour in general? Alongside that they have their talisman who has in a transcript admitted to rape.

Such a weird view to take.

Different sport but the MLB has adopted a hard line against spousal abuse,  teams tend to just release the player due to the potential image damage it can cause.   Man U should distance themselves from this as fast as possible.  Put him on suspension and let the authorities determine what happened.

He isn't coming back from this, people have heard it and seen it for themselves. I took a look at his social media earlier and it looks like he's been unfollowed by everyone involved with United.

He won't be accepted back within the squad now regardless.

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Different sport but the MLB has adopted a hard line against spousal abuse,  teams tend to just release the player due to the potential image damage it can cause.   Man U should distance themselves from this as fast as possible.  Put him on suspension and let the authorities determine what happened.

I find it stunning that City still haven’t binned Mendy off fully. The man has been charged with 6/7 counts of rape….at one point do you say “there is no smoke without fire” and cut ties. He was also kept in custody for months before the most recent appeal for bail so there must be mounting evidence against him. 

If I am Utd, I am cutting ties with this fucker right now. It does not reflect well on the club having this shit strung along and along. He’s very talented, and I appreciate they would lose a valuable asset. But that sort of thing shouldn’t come before doing the right thing, which is cutting all ties with this disgusting piece of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know things about this sport on occasion, I said about Mendy and Grealish but you have to be careful as it’s technically liable on forums and you can’t make claims.

All I’ll say is that given what I’ve heard about him before and his character as a person this doesn’t shock me in fact I think it’s probably the tip of the iceberg. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

I find it stunning that City still haven’t binned Mendy off fully. The man has been charged with 6/7 counts of rape….at one point do you say “there is no smoke without fire” and cut ties. He was also kept in custody for months before the most recent appeal for bail so there must be mounting evidence against him. 

If I am Utd, I am cutting ties with this fucker right now. It does not reflect well on the club having this shit strung along and along. He’s very talented, and I appreciate they would lose a valuable asset. But that sort of thing shouldn’t come before doing the right thing, which is cutting all ties with this disgusting piece of shit. 

In modern times with woke culture and metoo stuff,  this can wreck a club like man united very quickly.   Put him on suspension until the authorities investigate and lay a charge.    If the charge is strong then cut ties and move on.  

Man United need a full spring cleaning. 

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

United won’t bin until there some form of verdict given the likelihood now of some kind of proceedings. They are liable for wrongful dismissal if so, same with City they will cut ties after the verdict as it protects them as it will most likely void his contract. Both are done now though in reality

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

United won’t bin until there some form of verdict given the likelihood now of some kind of proceedings. They are liable for wrongful dismissal if so, same with City they will cut ties after the verdict as it protects them as it will most likely void his contract. Both are done now though in reality

There are bound to be clauses in their contracts where is says they can be dismissed if they bring bad publicity towards the club? Surely every team protects themselves when it comes to how their players are acting in public. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, DNA said:

He set the tone when him and Foden smuggled girls into England hotels during COVID-19. Like how could you have the attitude these guys have when you’re gifted such a starting point in life. 

Funny how it was brushed under the carpet with Foden though. This is completely different issue aside though.

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

There are bound to be clauses in their contracts where is says they can be dismissed if they bring bad publicity towards the club? Surely every team protects themselves when it comes to how their players are acting in public. 

The law is innocent until proven guilty. Until a court of law finds him guilty he'll remain on the books. 

Should of course be sacked if the courts find him guilty I must add.

Edited by Whiskey

There is now rumours doing the rounds he was arrested over a year ago for kidnapp and assault of the same girl but charges were fully dropped.

Apparently this is why Southgate made a statement claiming Mason needed to sort his situation out otherwise he wouldn't have an Englsnd career.

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think we read more into social media trends than they do, this half leaked last year and then there was a backlash against the accusations, some even labelling it racist to suggest it was him. Behind the curtains of the game there’s a lot of scumbags mate. Same old story millionaire by 17 from shit homes surrounded by people who never tell them No. it creates monsters

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Funny how it was brushed under the carpet with Foden though. This is completely different issue aside though.

Foden will fuck up again mate, he’s no saint either however Pep is probably a lot more like Fergie was in the fact he will try to cut it out. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

There is now rumours doing the rounds he was arrested over a year ago for kidnapp and assault of the same girl but charges were fully dropped.

Apparently this is why Southgate made a statement claiming Mason needed to sort his situation out otherwise he wouldn't have an Englsnd career.

Different player. The papers even changed it to a player ‘in their 20’s’ because it was pinned on him at the time. He was 19 back then.