• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2022-23 - Round 4 (La Liga)

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Didn't even occur that I'd picked a winner in a weekend of absolutely daft results.

I mean it's got to be Real Madrid. Surely, surely they can't blow that.

Vinicius Junior to score. 38th minute for the goal in Valencia v Athletic.

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Three

I'm not going to ramble here. Everyone chose to play their Real Madrid card this week, and @nudge, @Dan, @Tommy and @6666 all progress to the next Gameweek following their dominant 4-0 win over Elche last night. Congratulations on hitting 3 points!

Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 20.53.29.png

Preview - Gameweek Four

Below are the fixtures for Gameweek Four. We are still in tie breaker territory numbers-wise, so please choose:

• A match winner you haven't used already.
  • An anytime goalscorer from any fixture.
  • The time of the first goal in the randomly selected fixture, Elche vs Espanyol.

Games start tomorrow (Friday) night!

Girona vs Almeria

Real Sociedad vs Celta Vigo

Real Betis vs Real Valladolid

Mallorca vs Villarreal

Osasuna vs Real Madrid

Elche vs Espanyol

Rayo Vallecano vs Sevilla

Atletico Madrid vs Athletic Club

Barcelona vs Cadiz

Getafe vs Valencia

Good luck!

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Four

Casualties (1)

We are one step closer to the end of this round, with @nudge eliminated in Gameweek Four. A 93rd minute own goal denied Real Sociedad a home victory over Celta Vigo on Saturday and denied our league leader the chance to extend her lead.

3 points on the board this round and still a chance of a bonus point for 3rd place if 2nd place is a tie, see you in the next round!

Survivors (3)

Those that went with the big hitters reaped the reward of a 4th consecutive victory. Antoine Griezmann's strike was enough to secure Atletico Madrid a win over Athletic Club, sending @6666 into Gameweek Five. He was followed shortly after on Sunday by @Dan and @Tommy who backed Barcelona ahead of their 2-0 win over Cadiz.

Congratulations on your progress! Another week where the tie breaker picks didn't come into effect but they'll still be needed this weekend!

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 10.48.46.png

Preview - Gameweek Five

With everyone having used up both Real Madrid and Barcelona, it's going to start getting trickier now! Please remember to pick a match winner you haven't already used, an anytime goalscorer and a time of first goal for the randomly selected fixture, Valencia vs Real Sociedad. Below are the fixtures, starting on Friday night:

Elche vs Real Betis

Espanyol vs Mallorca

Cadiz vs Rayo Vallecano

Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid

Valencia vs Real Sociedad

Athletic Club vs Girona

Celta Vigo vs Real Valladolid

Almeria vs Barcelona

Sevilla vs Osasuna

Villarreal vs Getafe

Good luck!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Phew. xD

Unbenannt.png

I watched the game. It was astonishing. Elche went down to 10 men at 2-0, 9 men at 2-2 (I think), Betis actually had two penalties in injury time.

Four penalties in the game, don't recall ever seeing that before.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I watched the game. It was astonishing. Elche went down to 10 men at 2-0, 9 men at 2-2 (I think), Betis actually had two penalties in injury time.

Four penalties in the game, don't recall ever seeing that before.

And I was wondering if the referee received my envelope. :ph34r:

• Subscriber

An utterly insane final Gameweek has seen this round draw to a close.

@Tommy was up first on Friday, and watched on in horror as Real Betis went 2-0 down to Elche in the first 10 minutes. However, a second half which saw Elche receive three red cards and Betis receive three penalties, one of which was missed at 2-2 in the 88th minute, culminated in a 95th minute decider from another penalty taken by Willian Jose to deliver @Tommy the victory.

Saturday, next, and @Dan was the fifth competitor across three separate Gameweeks to be let down by Real Sociedad, as they were defeated 1-0 in their visit to Valencia.

The outcome of this round hung in the balance until Sunday night, where Sevilla, backed by @6666, pegged back Osasuna twice at home, before conceding a decider in the 85th minute.

No tie break required! @Tommy wins the La Liga 2022-23 edition of Last Man Standing, congratulations!

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 08.57.31.png

The final scores for this round are as follows:

8 points - @Tommy (5 correct picks + 3 bonus points)

6 points - @Dan and @6666 (4 correct picks + 2 bonus points)

4 points - @nudge (3 correct picks + 1 bonus point)

1 point - @Beelzebub, @Michael, @Redcanuck, @Whiskey, @Lucas, @Stan, @Bluewolf, @DeadLinesman, @Viva la FCB, @RandoEFC, @Rick, @Pyfish and @CaaC (John) (1 correct pick)

0 points - @...Dan, @Rucksackfranzose and @Storts

The next round (Ligue 1) will be launched later on this week.

Archived