talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

From the news coming out from FCB, they're gonna go all out for this signing. Looks like Liverpool could make a killing on this one. 

The news coming out of FCB has been absolute bullshit from start to finish mate. 

38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They don't want Coutinho?

Of course they do, obviously. But any 'news' coming out of FCB should be treated with contempt. They have done nothing but spout shit throughout this saga. Take their manager saying only 2 days ago that a deal was close, only to have a £118m bid rejected the next day!

Its obvious from 99% of the posts on here that Barcelona have gone down in most people's estimations. 

Shithouse club. 

Barca's constant claims about their activity with Coutinho and Dembele also make absolutely no sense when Dortmund are publicly listed and are legally obligated to announce any bids over a certain size that they receive - and their announcements clearly don't match-up with the kinds of activity that Barca claim to be up to in regard to Dembele. 

So either BVB are committing massive fraud on their shareholders, or Barca have been talking out their arse quite a fair bit.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

From the news coming out from FCB, they're gonna go all out for this signing. Looks like Liverpool could make a killing on this one. 

I think the real question for barca is what is the best way to save face after losing Neymar?

Is it to try to spend their way out of it? That's not what barca was built on nor is that what earned them the reputation of being a better club than Real Madrid. 

• Subscriber

Barcelona really can't win here. Either fail in getting their man which makes them lose even more face in terms of their power and pull in the transfer market, or alternatively buy the player but look stupid paying massively over the odds.

The second option is probably better as it allows them to improve the team and shut their critics up on the pitch and the massive fee will be forgotten once someone else pays a retardedly massive price for someone not worth that much which won't take long.

£113m??

That's a lot of money for someone who has already dropped tools and will offer you nothing from here on out.  Buying an inflated price player in January will actually get you something instead of the nothing you are going to end up with.  Barcelona are making a huge mistake here - but Liverpool are being too proud and not realizing that they can fill multiple holes with £113m.

13 minutes ago, oliveandblue said:

£113m??

That's a lot of money for someone who has already dropped tools and will offer you nothing from here on out.  Buying an inflated price player in January will actually get you something instead of the nothing you are going to end up with.  Barcelona are making a huge mistake here - but Liverpool are being too proud and not realizing that they can fill multiple holes with £113m.

How many Coutinho's are there out there?

There are plenty of players around for cheap prices but how many out there will take Liverpool to the next level? Not many.

They can't need the money with the TV money they receive. Keep Coutinho, strengthen with another defender and midfielder and win some silverware.

3 hours ago, oliveandblue said:

£113m??

If he's really downed tools i haven't heard of it. He's always been a professional and i think he'd surely know we'd be open to letting him leave next year once we've had time to prepare for it. So he will get his move eventually. 

In the meantime he's  on a 5 year contract and got a world cup to look forward to which requires him getting regular minutes if he wants to be on the plane. 

3 hours ago, Danny said:

How many Coutinho's are there out there?

There are plenty of players around for cheap prices but how many out there will take Liverpool to the next level? Not many.

They can't need the money with the TV money they receive. Keep Coutinho, strengthen with another defender and midfielder and win some silverware.

This sounds great but sadly i'm no longer banking on new signings. Thats a pretty major failure really given we'll likely have to play extra matches on last year and already had a pretty shallow squad. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

This sounds great but sadly i'm no longer banking on new signings. Thats a pretty major failure really given we'll likely have to play extra matches on last year and already had a pretty shallow squad. 

Salah and Robertonson coming in will be decent for you but I think you'll do your business towards the end of the month, surely you're not going to keep with the same squad largely as last season.

Lol the £113m bid was £80m (paid over 5 years, not up-front) with add-ons for the rest. Including he has to win the Balon d'Or. Then they gave us that deadline. Lol.

Klopp to a Brazilian reporter this morning:

"With the rumours of Barca paying £130m for Coutinho, will he leave?"

Klopp says

"They didn't offer that, we said no, yet they offered, I think tomorrow they will offer a McDonald's Happy Meal and we get the toy as well!?" 

https://espn.uol.com.br/video/720179_klopp-fala-sobre-possivel-saida-de-coutinho-do-liverpool-e-ate-sugere-tema-para-entrevista-com-natalie-gedra

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol the £113m bid was £80m (paid over 5 years, not up-front) with add-ons for the rest. Including he has to win the Balon d'Or. Then they gave us that deadline. Lol.

Klopp to a Brazilian reporter this morning:

"With the rumours of Barca paying £130m for Coutinho, will he leave?"

Klopp says

"They didn't offer that, we said no, yet they offered, I think tomorrow they will offer a McDonald's Happy Meal and we get the toy as well!?" 

https://espn.uol.com.br/video/720179_klopp-fala-sobre-possivel-saida-de-coutinho-do-liverpool-e-ate-sugere-tema-para-entrevista-com-natalie-gedra

Football clubs in general don't pay the fee up front, they'll always pay over a number of years. I wouldn't be surprised if Neymar was up front as it was a release clause but generally fees will always be paid in installments.

51 minutes ago, Danny said:

Football clubs in general don't pay the fee up front, they'll always pay over a number of years. I wouldn't be surprised if Neymar was up front as it was a release clause but generally fees will always be paid in installments.

Neymar's money was paid in full, which makes Coutinho's bid daft, if they truly intend to sign him. The add ons are on other level of stupid. As much we, LFC fans, rate him highly I doubt whether he will win the Balon D'or. 

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Neymar's money was paid in full, which makes Coutinho's bid daft, if they truly intend to sign him. The add ons are on other level of stupid. As much we, LFC fans, rate him highly I doubt whether he will win the Balon D'or. 

Your owners wouldn't require it all up front, you're probably still paying Southampton for Mane.

Barcelona-based reporter Gerard Romero is saying Barcelona have ended their pursuit of Coutinho and are now moving on to other targets (Dembele, Seri, and Di Maria). Unfortunately, though, this guy appears to have a penchant for talking out of his arse, so we'll see.

8 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Forcing someone to remain at the same employer against their will is morally questionable. An arbitration tribunal should set the fee in cases like this.

People don't sign time specific contracts in the real world though do they.

Archived