• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Manchester City Complete Danilo Signing

Recommended Posts

This transfer makes little sense to me. Danilo wants first team football for next years World Cup, with Walker obviously first choice in fee alone he's not going to be playing enough even with rotation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was very good at Porto but completely useless for Madrid and he was easily their worst player in the last UCL, looked like a Ligue One player. Will be interesting to see which version of him City will get.

Edited by Berserker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can believe Pep Guardiola went for this in the end but I will believe anything when the story comes out in years to come that he literally signed anything that was possible.  Danilo is sub standard!  If he's a success at Man City then that's a bad sign for the standard in the Premier League.  He is literally crap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

So if I have got this right Man City have spent their entire Premier League TV revenue on full backs?

xD

So we got all the full backs with money given to us and still have 670billion to play with B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 mil for the Real Madrid's 3 string rb? Whenever Carvajal was injured they played Nacho at rb. Steal for RM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad we missed out on him, not bitter at all just don't think he is good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2017 at 5:24 PM, SirBalon said:

I can believe Pep Guardiola went for this in the end but I will believe anything when the story comes out in years to come that he literally signed anything that was possible.  Danilo is sub standard!  If he's a success at Man City then that's a bad sign for the standard in the Premier League.  He is literally crap!

That´s because you only saw him in Spain.  

He was really good at Santos and at Porto, and I guess this is what Guardiola sees in him. Also, he ´s versatile and I actually think he´s a better midfielder than a full-back. 

I wouldn´t pay what City is paying for him, but Guardiola´s interest in him is understandable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

That´s because you only saw him in Spain.  

He was really good at Santos and at Porto, and I guess this is what Guardiola sees in him. Also, he ´s versatile and I actually think he´s a better midfielder than a full-back. 

I wouldn´t pay what City is paying for him, but Guardiola´s interest in him is understandable. 

I remember him having a good season at Porto, but then I've not seen him replicate that form at Real Madrid. And they spent big on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El_Loco said:

That´s because you only saw him in Spain.  

He was really good at Santos and at Porto, and I guess this is what Guardiola sees in him. Also, he ´s versatile and I actually think he´s a better midfielder than a full-back. 

I wouldn´t pay what City is paying for him, but Guardiola´s interest in him is understandable. 

I actually saw a lot of him at Porto too mate.  I remember saying back then on TFF that he looked brilliant and that Real Madrid had bought a great player when they paid so much money for him.  But he got undermined by Carvajal.

I actually think he got found out when going to the type of club that Real Madrid is.  Let's see what happens with Guardiola handling him although Zidane is great with players in terms of characters and he couldn't do anything with him as Ancelotti couldn't either.  Guardiola isn't afraid to leave you in the fridge if you get my meaning and he doesn't care if people criticise him for the player being his signing.  I just think that this was a desperate signing after they missed out on Dani Alves who is the best right-back in the world by miles even now at his age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Batard said:

I remember him having a good season at Porto, but then I've not seen him replicate that form at Real Madrid. And they spent big on him.

Yes, my problem with this transfer is the fee but not the interest in Danilo itself. 

 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I actually saw a lot of him at Porto too mate.  I remember saying back then on TFF that he looked brilliant and that Real Madrid had bought a great player when they paid so much money for him.  But he got undermined by Carvajal.

I actually think he got found out when going to the type of club that Real Madrid is.  Let's see what happens with Guardiola handling him although Zidane is great with players in terms of characters and he couldn't do anything with him as Ancelotti couldn't either.  Guardiola isn't afraid to leave you in the fridge if you get my meaning and he doesn't care if people criticise him for the player being his signing.  I just think that this was a desperate signing after they missed out on Dani Alves who is the best right-back in the world by miles even now at his age.

From outside it´s impossible to explain or to understand what happened in Madrid, but I agree that he was terrible there. Perhaps, Pep thinks it´s only a matter of building his confidence back? I don´t know. It´s a bet and very expensive one, I wouldn´t pay that kind of price for Danilo but I understand the reasoning behind signing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

Yes, my problem with this transfer is the fee but not the interest in Danilo itself. 

 

From outside it´s impossible to explain or to understand what happened in Madrid, but I agree that he was terrible there. Perhaps, Pep thinks it´s only a matter of building his confidence back? I don´t know. It´s a bet and very expensive one, I wouldn´t pay that kind of price for Danilo but I understand the reasoning behind signing him.

I don't understand why they just didn't go for Mattia de Sciglio.

At that price I would want more guarantees than what's on paper right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I don't understand why they just didn't go for Mattia de Sciglio.

At that price I would want more guarantees than what's on paper right now.

Because getting  Italians to leave Italy is more difficult than masturbating with a cheerio. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much has Pep spent since joining Man City? Must be over £300m already. Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was great for Porto against mediocre opposition to be fair.

Not hating, but for me he never did anything worth of getting a transfer to Real Madrid. He's an interesting player but I'd expect more from a Real Madrid player, and even for today's Man City standards, he's not that great. 

Definitely a Guardiola type of player though. I understand what he sees in Danilo, but both Pep himself and the fans may end up disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 6666 said:

How much has Pep spent since joining Man City? Must be over £300m already. Crazy.

All of the signings so far: €395 Million

1) John Stones - 55,60 Mill. €

2) Leroy Sane - 50,00 Mill. €

3) Gabriel Jesus - 32,00 Mill. €

4) Ilkay Gündogan - 27,00 Mill. €

5) Nolito - 18,00 Mill. €

6) Claudio Bravo - 18,00 Mill. €

7) Marlos Moreno - 5,50 Mill. €

8) Gerónimo Rulli - 4,70 Mill. €

9) Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2,00 Mill. €

10) Kyle Walker - 51,00 Mill. €

11) Bernardo Silva - 50,00 Mill. €

12) Ederson - 40,00 Mill. €

13) Danilo - 30,00 Mill. €

14) Douglas Luiz - 12,00 Mill. €

 

Expensive philosophy.:ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chequebook manager, said it from the start which caused a bit of a backlash. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No coincidence that 90% Of them are Spanish or South American. His transfer philosophy is about as predictable as his tactical philosophy :ph34r:.

Seriously though, they need to win big to justify these outlays and he'll be gone with a severely damaged reputation if City don't make a significant step forward this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he's going to be used in midfield (cover for Gundogan) and cover for both fullback postion's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Pep will have to go if city don't do something this season with the oil money he has spent. 

The Arabs are all in on him, so I figure even if they dont get one of the two main trophy's this season, they will feel they have to stand by him.

I do wonder if he knows which league City compete in cause it looks like he is building to compete in the la liga?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement