talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 1 - 11-14th August, 2023

football forum

Didn’t expect Villa to get pumped for five, I had them as winners haha. 

Not sure what to expect tomorrow. Our attack can rip any team to bits, but that fucking defence is going to be the thorn in our side yet again. Especially against Chelsea’s pacey attack, we’ll be fucked if they are on it. 

One positive sign for Neecastle fans was that they didn't tail off when the game was virtually won at 3-1, they turned the screw no mercy. That is what the big teams who contest things do so that's a good omen for them.

Can't knock too much from that showing but I still find it odd Newcastle have all the money in the world and big Dan Burn at LB.

Fair play to him for playing out of position and doing his best, but it is a weakness and as time goes on I'm not sure how often they will keep getting away with that. 

Livramento has been recently signed but essentially he is a RB. Just feels like they are natural LB away from really having a great balance throughout the side.

i didn't expect the score, I knew it would be tough and it was a good hard football match.

in the second half around 60min and you could see Villa tire and we were so clinical in putting them away.

it's about enjoying the moment and moving on to City which will be a very hard game

Great performance from us but I do think it felt a tighter game than the 5-1 scoreline.

Bad week for Villa losing Buendia and probably Mings long term but they’ve signed well, be shocked if they weren’t in and around the top 8 even with European football to play this season too.

Super start. Was expecting a high scoring draw or high scoring 1 goal win for us. I think most of the game was looking like that until Villa mentally collapsed after the third. Some warning signs for them there. Kamara especially a quitter.

Disappointed there was only 5 minutes stoppage time because we probably would have got another if there was the new 10 mins.

Gordon was good as expected. Lot of hope he can deliver now he's in form. 

Tonali very good. 

Isak's 2nd absolute class. Could be a big year for him if he stays fit.

Squad depth in attack very good. When you can bring Wilson and Barnes on you will be relentless.

43 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Great performance from us but I do think it felt a tighter game than the 5-1 scoreline.

Bad week for Villa losing Buendia and probably Mings long term but they’ve signed well, be shocked if they weren’t in and around the top 8 even with European football to play this season too.

Buendia and Mings are two massive losses.   They have some depth to cover Mings but none of the others were capable of doing what Mings does.   Buendia may be less missed as Diaby is quality but losing two starters is terrible for any club. 

34 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Super start. Was expecting a high scoring draw or high scoring 1 goal win for us. I think most of the game was looking like that until Villa mentally collapsed after the third. Some warning signs for them there. Kamara especially a quitter.

Disappointed there was only 5 minutes stoppage time because we probably would have got another if there was the new 10 mins.

Gordon was good as expected. Lot of hope he can deliver now he's in form. 

Tonali very good. 

Isak's 2nd absolute class. Could be a big year for him if he stays fit.

Squad depth in attack very good. When you can bring Wilson and Barnes on you will be relentless.

Even Murphy deserves mention on squad depth now.    He mad the goal for Harvey Barnes and has become a much better player than many give him credit for. 

If it wasn't for Wes Foderingham that could have been a four nil scoreline.

The core of our team looks very good at the minute. Johnstone has become a big character, Guehi and Anderson look solid, Lerma looks like he should be a brilliant signing whilst Doucoure looks more free alongside Lerma to have more of an 'on the ball' impact.

Looking at our bench it's clear we need more attacking depth. It's a shame we couldn't have moved quicker in the free agency market as we 200k a week was tied up in being strung along by Wilf. Adama Traore is a good example of a player we could have benefitted with.

I think we're three attacking players off being a top half team, I'd be happy if we can bring in two if no players leave. Competition for Olise on the right and focal point up top.

19 hours ago, 6666 said:

So, subscribed to TNT Sports through BT Broadband for £20pm. Can't get it linked to Discovery+ which you need to in order to watch online. Trying for 3 hours. Worst subscription experience you can have. Missing the whole game. These idiots on online helpdesk don't know anything. One from BT is telling me to log in with my BT details on discovery+, website says I'm supposed to get a linked to create a linked account for a discoveryID, one for discovery+ says I don't have an account.

Illegal streams will always be a thing. Thankfully.

And then the likes of Sky and BT wonder why so many people go for illegal streaming when you pay that much a month for a shit service.

Think when I checked how much it'd cost to have Sky Sports and TNT Sport, it was £60pm on top of whatever package(s) you have.

Fuck. Right. Off.

• The topic was unpinned