talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

If we’re doping we’re not doing a good job with that injury crisis last year (that resulted in many players having their training routines alternated) and our best player looking tired as fuck since he’s come back from AFCON.

If I had to guess if anyone was doping, I’d probably go with the guy who was actually caught in a doping scandal xD

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Danny said:

People who have no idea what salbutamol is are talking a lot of nonsense about it. A quick google can quite easily clear up misconceptions.

”It’s banned in cycling”. Yes taking 800grams of it over a 12 hour period is banned. That is essentially the equivalent of 8 puffs of your inhaler twice a day, a GP will tell you that you are not meant to use it more than twice a week otherwise you will need an asthma review.

The limit is set at 800mgs per 12 hours at maximum because that is what manufacturers state the highest usage of the inhaler should be. If you are using it at this level it is to prevent short term sudden shortness of breathe and you are essentially at risk of an asthma attack and your asthma needs to be better managed.

Furthermore some quick Googling will show you that asthma is much more prevalent amongst long distance athletes, another quick check shows that at one point 70% of the British Swimming team were found to have some form of asthma.

Nice fact finding there mate... 

7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I think to be honest you would stop reading any article that had a slight hint of negativity about Liverpool or Klopp... Not saying you are wrong on the injury front but that's not what the article is about is it?? 

Well yes it is as it clearly states that our amazing injury record is down to doping.

What a load of bollocks 🙄 

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The fact the clip shows 2 Liverpool supporters discussing it tells you a lot right there... 

Does it? I've not even looked at it properly to be honest but until we have a genuine source reporting anything like this, I'll carry on treating it with the disdain it deserves

• Upvote 1

How can doping influence injury prevention? I thought their argument was for Liverpool's fitness levels (energy and stamina) considering they will genuinely play every single game available to them this season?

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Does it? I've not even looked at it properly to be honest but until we have a genuine source reporting anything like this, I'll carry on treating it with the disdain it deserves

Well, don't shoot the messenger and all that... If 2 Liverpool supporters want to discuss a conspiracy theory about their own club and players who am I to argue... But just for the record if you didn't look at it properly how are you in a position to argue if it's false or not?? You have just seen something that seems slightly negative and reacted to it... See @Danny response for a good way to throw doubt on the claims... 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, don't shoot the messenger and all that... If 2 Liverpool supporters want to discuss a conspiracy theory about their own club and players who am I to argue... But just for the record if you didn't look at it properly how are you in a position to argue if it's false or not?? You have just seen something that seems slightly negative and reacted to it... See @Danny response for a good way to throw doubt on the claims... 

Lately you seem annoyed that Liverpool fans don't have much negative to say about our club?

The reason we don't have much negative to say about our club at the moment is probably because there isn't much negative to say about our club at the moment. 

Things can change rapidly in football though and maybe soon it will delight you if we have something negative to say about our club.

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I've seen some of the article it's talking about previously because it's shared by people who want it to be true. The points it made can be debunked quite easily but it's not worth my time tbh.

50 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, don't shoot the messenger and all that...

Fuck that, you cited something where the source of the original claim isn't even cited (something no reputable paper has actually published - probably because it's bollocks and they'll get sued for defamation by our litigious American lawyers) - and they even admit they can't prove the claim, so it's all conjecture about... something that can't even be proven.

I'd expect this from sad blueshites spreading this shit around so they can feel better about themselves, or idiot Mancs that barely have the brain capacity to breathe on their own, but not you mate...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck that, you cited something where the source of the original claim isn't even cited (something no reputable paper has actually published - probably because it's bollocks and they'll get sued for defamation by our litigious American lawyers) - and they even admit they can't prove the claim, so it's all conjecture about... something that can't even be proven.

I'd expect this from sad blueshites spreading this shit around so they can feel better about themselves, or idiot Mancs that barely have the brain capacity to breathe on their own, but not you mate...

Hes got a bee in his bonnet about us lately for some reason? 

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

As expected, Fabinho suffered a proximal hamstring strain. Out for the next 3 matches for Liverpool according to Paul Joyce (Times journalist)

Fucking fantastic. 

I am reasonably close to a free speech absolutist and am laughing at the right-wingers who scream that free speech must be protected at all costs being just as bad as the ones they're condemning by demanding action on Liverpool fans because they booed one guy and one song.

Brilliant.

On 11/05/2022 at 13:22, Danny said:

People who have no idea what salbutamol is are talking a lot of nonsense about it. A quick google can quite easily clear up misconceptions.

”It’s banned in cycling”. Yes taking 800grams of it over a 12 hour period is banned. That is essentially the equivalent of 8 puffs of your inhaler twice a day, a GP will tell you that you are not meant to use it more than twice a week otherwise you will need an asthma review.

The limit is set at 800mgs per 12 hours at maximum because that is what manufacturers state the highest usage of the inhaler should be. If you are using it at this level it is to prevent short term sudden shortness of breathe and you are essentially at risk of an asthma attack and your asthma needs to be better managed.

Furthermore some quick Googling will show you that asthma is much more prevalent amongst long distance athletes, another quick check shows that at one point 70% of the British Swimming team were found to have some form of asthma.

• Haha 1

Thiago Alcântara faces a battle to prove his fitness for Liverpool’s Champions League final with Real Madrid after undergoing a scan on an Achilles problem.

The Spain midfielder, 31, sustained the injury during the first half of Liverpool’s 3-1 Premier League win over Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday. The problem is not serious but he will need to respond to treatment quickly this week, given the tight turnaround to Saturday’s showpiece in Paris.

• Sad 1