talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I like when he suggests his mere presence in Saudi Arabia is a progressive force.

He honestly could have said "Yeah, I went to Saudi Arabia because they're giving me a ridiculous amount of money and I don't give a flying fuck about gay people" and it would have come across as better than what he actually did say. Instead he just comes off as an insincere dickhead trying to protect his brand in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

FSG sell minority stake to Dynasty Equity

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have agreed to sell a minority stake in the club worth between £82m and £164m to global sports investment firm Dynasty Equity.

The deal ends the search for new investment by FSG, who wanted to retain majority ownership of the Reds.

The new investment will primarily be used to pay off the club's bank debt.

"Our long-term commitment to Liverpool remains as strong as ever," said FSG president Mike Gordon.

"We have always said that if there is an investment partner that is right for Liverpool then we would pursue the opportunity to help ensure the club's long-term financial resiliency and future growth."

Liverpool lost £100m of revenue during the Covid-19 pandemic, also spent about £50m on a new training ground in Kirkby which opened in 2020, as well as £12m re-purchasing their previous Melwood training base for use by the women's team.

The ongoing development of the Anfield Road Stand is going to cost an estimated £80m, and follows the completion of the new £114m Main Stand which opened in 2016.

The Reds also spent about £145m on transfers in the summer, bringing in midfielders Dominik Szoboszlai, Alexis Mac Allister, Wataru Endo and Ryan Gravenberch.

FSG are understood to be keen to reduce the bank debt the club has accrued through the financing of those recent infrastructure projects, and the new cash injection will help cover those costs rather than be directly used on future player transfers.

"We look forward to building upon the long-standing relationship with Dynasty to further strengthen the club's financial position and sustain our ambitions for continued success on and off the pitch," added Gordon.

Dynasty's chief executive officer, K. Don Cornwell, added: "Liverpool is one of the most iconic football clubs in the world with a passionate fanbase and significant global reach.

"Dynasty is privileged to support the club and work alongside FSG to execute on the tremendous growth opportunities ahead."

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2023 at 13:47, Rick said:

A nightmare for us. I don’t trust Kostas

I wonder if we see Gomez used there at times while Robertson is out? The LB role has changed a bit with TAA's role changing. Like you, I don't really trust Tsimikas defensively and Robertson has been more about staying back a bit more and tucking into a back three when Trent moves into midfield. Can't remember the last time we saw Gomez play LB but it's a position he started off in for us when he first signed and if he's effectively becoming a third CB I don't see why he can't play there. Klopp's words today suggest he's not solely relying on Tsimikas anyway. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I wonder if we see Gomez used there at times while Robertson is out? The LB role has changed a bit with TAA's role changing. Like you, I don't really trust Tsimikas defensively and Robertson has been more about staying back a bit more and tucking into a back three when Trent moves into midfield. Can't remember the last time we saw Gomez play LB but it's a position he started off in for us when he first signed and if he's effectively becoming a third CB I don't see why he can't play there. Klopp's words today suggest he's not solely relying on Tsimikas anyway. 

That would be the best plan of action. Playing a back three with the 5 in midfield is something I want to see. Having Trent added to that midfield gets the best out of his attacking influence. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I don't understand why with the money that Diaz has, why you'd leave your family in a place like Colombia. 

Some people don’t want to leave their homeland even when they have the means to and would be safer outside their country.

On 29/10/2023 at 13:55, Reluctant Striker said:

Columbia does sound a very dodgy place. Andres Escobar was assassinated soon after scoring an own goal in the 1994 World Cup. And it is a celebrated source of drugs.

American made is a fantastic movie which covers the US sponsored drug trade.