talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 16 - 9-10th December, 2023

football forum

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

You couldn't write it could you? Everton would have started the day above Chelsea and their literal billion pound squad in the table if they hadn't been docked 10 points for overspending by £20m over a three year period.

Everton then proceed to beat Chelsea 2-0 with 38 year old free transfer Ashley Young, loanee Jack Harrison and returning loanee Jarrad Branthwaite who initially signed for £500k the only reinforcements that have been added to the team that finished 17th last season.

And Poch wants *more money* to find a solution. Jesus wept xD. Try some coaching mate.

It's great to see the power of money perhaps declining just a little. A few years back, purely spending more literally equalled way more success. But there really does feel much more focus on getting it really, really right on recruitment now. Spending £100m+ on 1 who did quite well for Brighton & 1 who had an ok World Cup is crazy. And etc, etc. Especially if you are old enough to remember Asamoah Gyan. Never mind Danny Drinkwater.

• Subscriber

Another cracking highlight from tonight's assorted bad losers. This time Callum Wilson whinging about a lack of respect by Everton and Spurs. This is the man who remember openly slated a fellow professional Richarlison on a podcast. And who was it scored twice today for Spurs? xD

We are out on our feet again but fair play to Spurs and Postecoglu, they look a proper team again.

It’s the performances against dross like Bournemouth and Everton that have been concerning, need bodies back but Howe’s reluctance to make subs is quite irritating.

I think we’ll be decent again back at home but January can’t come fast enough.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Another cracking highlight from tonight's assorted bad losers. This time Callum Wilson whinging about a lack of respect by Everton and Spurs. This is the man who remember openly slated a fellow professional Richarlison on a podcast. And who was it scored twice today for Spurs? xD

What was said on the podcast? 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, N U F C said:

dross like Bournemouth and Everton

You have 3 more points than Everton (on the pitch) this season ;). You'll be lucky if the gap even stays that way round at this rate. xD

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

What was said on the podcast? 

To be fair it's actually Antonio, an even bigger donkey, who played the bigger part.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You have 3 more points than Everton (on the pitch) this season ;). You'll be lucky if the gap even stays that way round at this rate. xD

To be fair it's actually Antonio, an even bigger donkey, who played the bigger part.

I used to like Wilson but he's being quite hypocritical there isn't he xD  

Not the worst thing to ever have happened or been said, but it's just quite naive and stupid from him (and Antonio).

Wonder if he was talking about 'lack of respect' when Guimaraes was elbowing people in the back of the head...

24 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It's a really difficult toss up between Antonio and Wilson as to who is the bigger gimp and the more I think about it the more I can't decide.

Michail Antonio and Callum Wilson have Ladbible written all over them. Complete pair of insuffarable cunts.

And that Podcast is a load of shite but 'lads lads lads' right...

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Was only joking with the Everton part, you’re doing well. 

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Well this should be a ban for Jackson.

20231210_180552.thumb.jpg.9ed6c9509e69bfa197ea6fad1ed792b0.jpg

20231210_180555.thumb.jpg.28ed16d7ce5b7dae7fa92ed7348983e9.jpg

He's a child. Petulant child. Shows more effort and desire sliding into OnlyFans slag's DMs than actually improving his game. 

Can question the actual quality of our players but we look far and away from a properly coached side. 

23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Mudryk has Young on toast already ffs why does Dyche insist upon this?

Mudryk was having a field day against Young in the match. I thought he was among the few Chelsea players to play well. But Everton were well worth their win in the end. Chelsea look like they are in a right mess this season. However, Everton, along with Aston Villa, have to be the surprise teams of the season for me, especially after the drama of Everton only just avoiding relegation last season. You must be pleased with the performances of Mykolenko as well, among several Everton players who've impressed this season.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Michael said:

Mudryk was having a field day against Young in the match. I thought he was among the few Chelsea players to play well. But Everton were well worth their win in the end. Chelsea look like they are in a right mess this season. However, Everton, along with Aston Villa, have to be the surprise teams of the season for me, especially after the drama of Everton only just avoiding relegation last season. You must be pleased with the performances of Mykolenko as well, among several Everton players who've impressed this season.

Mykolenko has been a beast recently, class.

On the other side I'd really like to see Patterson given a run of games. I thought he did really well again when he came on yesterday and although he has his moments defensively he offers so much more on the ball and going forward than either Coleman or Young. His pace against so many of the league's rapid wingers wouldn't go amiss either.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Mykolenko has been a beast recently, class.

On the other side I'd really like to see Patterson given a run of games. I thought he did really well again when he came on yesterday and although he has his moments defensively he offers so much more on the ball and going forward than either Coleman or Young. His pace against so many of the league's rapid wingers wouldn't go amiss either.

Yeah, I'd like to see Patterson play more as well. It's true that he does make some defensive errors at times, but as you mentioned, he offers a lot going forward. I've watched several matches in the past for both Scotland and Everton where I was impressed by his performances. With all due respect to the likes of Young and Coleman, it's probably time to make way for the younger and more energetic Patterson. Patterson is a starter for the Scotland national team and I definitely think it's time he became a starter for Everton.

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.439f36012e8cf8f3fcf7852bdd2dd3b3.jpeg

I hate that chant generally, but it really irks me when it’s Chelsea fans

Well done Everton :congrats:

I think it's to be expected of Chelsea fans. Always puzzles me when you hear fans from equally poor areas of the country singing it though 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Well done Everton :congrats:

I think it's to be expected of Chelsea fans. Always puzzles me when you hear fans from equally poor areas of the country singing it though 

Wealthy Londoners were the biggest beneficiaries of the managed decline of Liverpool and the surrounding areas - so when Chelsea do it, there's a particular malice that comes with the chant. But yeah, I'll never understand it when other poor parts of the country, let alone parts of the country that rank worse for poverty than Merseyside, gleefully sing along.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wealthy Londoners were the biggest beneficiaries of the managed decline of Liverpool and the surrounding areas - so when Chelsea do it, there's a particular malice that comes with the chant. But yeah, I'll never understand it when other poor parts of the country, let alone parts of the country that rank worse for poverty than Merseyside, gleefully sing along.

Tbh I dont think the average Chelsea fan is connected to that sort of benefit, most are working class from working class parts of inner and greater London.

But the chants are shit and most people join in cos they think its just banter, similar to the Chelsea rent boy chants really.

On 10/12/2023 at 21:33, N U F C said:

We are out on our feet again but fair play to Spurs and Postecoglu, they look a proper team again.

It’s the performances against dross like Bournemouth and Everton that have been concerning, need bodies back but Howe’s reluctance to make subs is quite irritating.

I think we’ll be decent again back at home but January can’t come fast enough.

Bournemouth are one of the best teams we’ve faced this season, Dyche has got Everton firing too, it’s just the league you come against some tricky teams on their day, I’d describe neither side as dross

• The topic was unpinned