talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Female pundits in men's football

football forum

Female pundits in men's football  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are you okay with female pundits in men's football?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

However, from a tactics and analysis points of view, you don’t need to have played the game to know what you’re talking about.

We are all testament to that having not played the game professionally but knowing everything :ph34r: :D 

On 08/12/2023 at 12:48, Tommy said:

I read about Joey Barton's comments and Emma Hayes' response. 

What is your view on female pundits in men's football?

Joey Barton is a massive twat. His family is full of nasty people, but the only reason Joey's not considered the worst Barton is because his brother literally killed someone by taking an axe to their head. Or as Joey Barton would describe it "my brother went to jail for a little scrap."

The less attention we give to him and his thoughts, the better. Some people are just better off ignored.

It's commentary - a man or a woman can possess the same skills to be a good commentator, it's not like they have to physically compete to give football commentary. Same with pundits. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Didn't expect the social media take to be so pro-Barton. Every post documenting this is filled with people backing Joey - surprised me.

Social media, especially the site formerly known as twitter, is full of people happy to pile on with hateful shite anytime anything comes up that is remotely close to whatever culture war shite is being promoted by the US news media. This has to do with whether or not women can do something on TV that's typically been a job reserved for men - so of course the chronically online who have nothing better to do with their lives than be useful idiots fighting culture wars online take to the culture wars.

With something like "women can't talk about football on TV as good as men can" - that's going to get a huge number of misogynists and incels bitching and moaning about women. Yes, they should be more focused on trying to lose their virginities and fixing their miserable personalities that have them sad and lonely. But that's difficult, whereas being hateful little shits that blame women for all of life's problems comes easy to them.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

I know it's a small thing but I heard in passing last weekend Jamie Redknapp claim that Richarlison's best performances for Everton came when he played down the middle which is the total opposite of the truth because he always excelled on the left for us and was wasted and isolated at centre forward.

It's just evidence of the double standards. Joey Barton posted a full breakdown of what was wrong with the woman's commentary on the Doucoure goal for us against Chelsea but a male pundit comes out with something that isn't based in any research or reality and nobody gives a shit. Redknapp knows he can get away with punditry that sounds believable without having to back it up whereas any female pundit or commentator gets scrutinised over the most innocuous comments.

It's just so obvious when you can see it.

Paula Radcliffe & Steve Cram commentate on mens & women's athletics.

There's no reason football should be different.

Culturally many are unprepared for it. Boys play football. Men watch football. Girls play with baby dolls & tea sets. While mum vacuums, irons, cooks & whatever. To some, it's just all mind boggling & a laugh if any do different. I imagine male TV chefs are essentially RU Paul's drag thing.

Some of the women football pundits do talk tactical gibberish & partisan nonsense. Just as well as men. Eni Aluko is equally as capable of talking inane babble as Micah Richards. Emma Hayes can make very inciteful, against the grain observations. Like bluntly not dropping Mings because Maguire was fit again. Along the lines of how Sir Alex Ferguson called out the good he had seen in Villa, despite getting battered on the opening day.

The un-needed bit is perhaps the 'battle of the sexes' & 'fight for equality' it often becomes.

Paula Radcliffe does not keep banging on about such things.

But then male football is also far, far, too political.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah comparing two pundits to Fred and Rose West is a massive stretch even for him. 

He's just a cunt. 

Referring to world wars in response to a tweet by Union Berlin as well :dam:

Edited by LFCMike

Calling everyone out: then gets offended when someone DMs him. The bloke is an utter fucking helmet. Either there’s allegations coming against him, he’s got a podcast coming out or he’s Lol Fox’s new best mate. I’m going for all 3.

22 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Calling everyone out: then gets offended when someone DMs him. The bloke is an utter fucking helmet. Either there’s allegations coming against him, he’s got a podcast coming out or he’s Lol Fox’s new best mate. I’m going for all 3.

I actually think it’s number 2

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Danny said:

I actually think it’s number 2

He's just angling for a GB News spot. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up standing in for an election and he'll have some cult neanderthal following. 

Just now, Stan said:

He's just angling for a GB News spot. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up standing in for an election and he'll have some cult neanderthal following. 

Probably but the Daily Mail advertised a podcast of his called Common Sense over Christmas.

Just had a look at Barton's twitter and all those "You're so right", "finally someone says it like it is", "Our new hero" replies. Fucking hell. Enough twitter for today. 

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

So what percentage of female football pundits do we reckon knew it was Franz and not Frank Beckenbauer?

What percentage of British male pundits, knew that?😄 And, while we're at it what percentage of male English pundit know it's Thomas Müller not Thomas Muller?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

What percentage of British male pundits, knew that

I think it was a (valid) dig at how ironic Joey Barton is. Bemoans females for making mistakes but then makes one himself. Nothing really to do with whether British male pundits knew, or at least less so. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it was a (valid) dig at how ironic Joey Barton is. Bemoans females for making mistakes but then makes one himself. Nothing really to do with whether British male pundits knew, or at least less so. 

Than I apologize @The Palace Fan  Didn't get it since I don't follow British media, and misunderstood it as an unnecessary dig at female pundits.🙂

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Than I apologize @The Palace Fan  Didn't get it since I don't follow British media, and misunderstood it as an unnecessary dig at female pundits.🙂

Fucking Brits using irony and humour! 

• Haha 1