talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forums

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester City losing the title (because it's only theirs to lose) seems a practical impossibility. But they're playing for much more than the Premier League, they're going for the reason Guardiola was signed which is to become Champions of Europe.

This isn't based on the countless rumours flying around but just on common sense because City seem to have suffered some real setbacks all of a sudden in a matter of days. I'm not talking about the draw to Crystal Palace, but the injuries to Gabriel Jesus and especially the main factor of everything Man City have been about in all what's good about Guardiola's tenure so far... De Bruyne!  How long is he out for?  On top of that the latest news is that his partner in crime and one of the best partnerships in European football, David Silva being out indefinitely due to personal reasons.  Personal reasons? What does that mean!

Well... There is no shadow of a doubt Manchester City will definitely pump money into this January transfer window now.  The obvious name to come out in all of this is Alexis Sánchez. Are Arsenal going to be so stupid as to say no to whatever money they can get days before he can negotiate, go for free and collect the fee for himself when he moves in the summer. The Arsenal team is split, that was made obvious against WBA and there are things not being made public for obvious reasons (Thierry Henry has felt the wrath of Wenger on this today), which looks like a prelude to seamlessly sew up any issues Manchester City could be about to endure.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Love it, Balon inadvertently in on the Hazard to Madrid gags. What a time to be alive 

To be honest I wouldn’t know where he fits there. Isco has been by miles their best player this season and is one of the best in that position. Then you have the young Asensio and only just bought Ceballos this summer... They loaned/sold James Rodríguez because their wasn’t room for everyone. 

All those players play in the same position. What’s Eden Hazard going to do there?

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest I wouldn’t know where he fits there. Isco has been by miles their best player this season and is one of the best in that position. Then you have the young Asensio and only just bought Ceballos this summer... They loaned/sold James Rodríguez because their wasn’t room for everyone. 

All those players play in the same position. What’s Eden Hazard going to do there?

Yeah - no idea, but when has that ever stopped Madrid from making a statement purchase. You know as well as i do how that club is run 

Despite Joel trying to persuade old team mate Leon to join him and Kloppy at Liverpool, the word from Benidorm is that Bayern Munich will be his home at the end of the season when he is out of contract at 04.  JK might turn his attention to the other brilliant midfielder Max whose recent performance in defensive mid-field have been brilliant!  Max will also be free in June.

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

We've been linked with Celta Vigo's Jonny Castro. Maybe just lazy journalism as we have no RB at the moment.

@SirBalon any thoughts? I've not seen him much to be honest.

He was part of the U-21 European Championship winning side for Spain in 2012 and one of the so called golden generation of young Celta Vigo players... To be honest they've (Celta Vigo) been producing some very good players over the past decade but unfortunately before they evolve they end up making moves and then find that playing time is sparse.

He's a good player and very dynamic... You watch quite a bit of Spanish football so you may have seen him perform.  He won MARCA's MOTM when they beat Barça by 4 goals last season if I rightly recall.

I have no idea how much credence there is to this rumour though mate as it's the first I've heard about it.

But involving yourselves (Leicester City) last night on Spanish radio I heard that if you lose Mahrez, you could be looking to try and sign or at least acquire on loan Barça's Rafinha.  Again, this is was on the rumours part of the show and it's difficult to get the reasoning behind it.  Rafinha wants first team football and where he plays on the park Barça is the most difficult club in the world to get first team football at.

8 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Not lately it hasn’t 

True, but all the inside info coming from the Madrid press cavern is that this is about to change big time and Florentino hand is itchy to sign cheques once again.  What's not known is if it's going to be now (Athletic's Young keeper Kepa being the only sure thing it seems this January window) or in the summer.  Knowing how Florentino Pérez works and that it's not only just about signing a big marketable name, but he will also want on stage fireworks and massive media attention for it which only tends to happen in the summer transfer window.  That's why I'm wary of any rumour at this moment where big names are concerned anywhere.

Bild have reported that we have contacted Bayern over the possible January transfer of Vidal. 

Vidal+Kante. Christ almighty. 

Would be all for it. This would allow great time for Bakayoko to bleed into the starting XI as Vidal ages. 

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hey Cicero!  You've just got rid of your dressing room problems to Real - why would you want to inherit the same crap from Bayern - talk to those in Munich who know!

Don't Vidal and Conte have a great relationship? Almost Ibra and Mourinho esq?

Think they were both quoted that they would go to war for one another. 

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So apparently the Tosun deal is in doubt because the shithouses Besiktas have suddenly decided to up the fee, probably only just realised how desperate we are.

Any European club with anything about them will be squeezing English clubs for everything they can as a matter of course.

Add in the fact that it’s known that Everton are ready to spend, and the fact that there’s a clear gap in the squad, and I’d expect it’s going to be impossible to get Tosun for a reasonable rate.

If such a thing even exists anymore.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Any European club with anything about them will be squeezing English clubs for everything they can as a matter of course.

Add in the fact that it’s known that Everton are ready to spend, and the fact that there’s a clear gap in the squad, and I’d expect it’s going to be impossible to get Tosun for a reasonable rate.

If such a thing even exists anymore.

The fee was apparently 25m agreed then after he's come over and presumably agreed terms they've apparently now asked for more. I expect to pay a big fee but increasing it after it was agreed is shit house behaviour.

22 hours ago, Cicero said:

No idea. Matt Law also stated we are currently working on a new contract for Hazard, so maybe he's holding out for more money or waiting to see what Real do with Zidane. 

What I do know for sure, is if we do sell Hazard it won't be for 130 million. 

Take the 130 mill and i will pay his plane ticket

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Take the 130 mill and i will pay his plane ticket

Absolutely not. Especially with reports of Coutinho going for over 160 million. 

We can leech Real for more than 200 million. He's important to us and if they value him that highly, I say leech them dry. 

Take that money and get Griezmann,Isco or Dybala 

Archived