talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Ideal Location of Residence

football forum

Personally, I would have to say for me it would be one of the Scandinavian Countries, Netherlands, or Germany. Probably Denmark and Netherlands leading the way. 

Reason is, having lived outside the States multiple times, I love Europe and the ability to travel easier and for cheaper. Demark and the Netherlands are both places I've spent time in, and I absolutely loved Copenhagen and Rodderdam 

Edited by ATL

Would love to live somewhere up in the Alps in Italy. Only been once but loved it, very picturesque and quiet but also where I went had plenty going on. Not sure I could last ten years but would happily live there in the winter months.

Absolutely love Ibiza but if I lived there I wouldn't be around for 10 month let alone 10 years.

Amsterdam is another city I love, very liberal place and also very lively. 

Wouldnt live anywhere outside of the North East or Scotland in the UK though.

Edited by Any O'Brien

1 hour ago, nudge said:

A remote inaccessible desert island, because fuck people.

Other than that, Thailand. It's gotten worse compared to how it was in the past, but it's still my most favourite place in the world.

Which part of Thailand? Bangkok or up north Chiang Rai/Mai? I love Bangkok but it is too noisy for me to considering to settle down there.

52 minutes ago, noelcwt said:

Which part of Thailand? Bangkok or up north Chiang Rai/Mai? I love Bangkok but it is too noisy for me to considering to settle down there.

Something that is also a big no-no for me, when choosing places.

@topic

In India, Vengurla. It's just half an hour above Goa (which is popular with everyone), and still untouched by tourists. Lovely white sand beach, variety of fresh sea food and long stretches of quiet places.

Outside India, New Zealand. It seems like a place that I might like. Scenic, quiet and sparsely populated. Iceland is another place, but its cold climate would probably kill someone like me, who isn't used to chilly weather.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

54 minutes ago, noelcwt said:

Oh definitely not Bangkok, I don't like living in big cities either, so wouldn't consider settling down there. The North is cool, particularly when it comes to nature, but it's a bit boring long-term, and I really enjoy living near the ocean, so something like Hua Hin would be perfect for me... Or even something like Chonburi - calm and quiet, but not too far from both Bangkok and Pattaya for when it gets boring! Rayong is good too. Although to be honest, I would live pretty much anywhere in Thailand if I could :x

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Something that is also a big no-no for me, when choosing places.

@topic

In India, Vengurla. It's just half an hour above Goa (which is popular with everyone), and still untouched by tourists. Lovely white sand beach, variety of fresh sea food and long stretches of quiet places.

Outside India, New Zealand. It seems like a place that I might like. Scenic, quiet and sparsely populated. Iceland is another place, but its cold climate would probably kill someone like me, who isn't used to chilly weather.

Iceland is extremely expensive. My sister has a friend from there and hearing about the rates and how much goods cost - I'm almost surprised as many people live there as they do.

• 4 years later...
5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Isnt that photoshoped? I don't think it actuall exists 

How could you even say that... Of course it's real.... there is a steel stairwell running down the back in case of emergencies.. 

Anyway... this would be my choice

Nice little property with plenty of room for expansion, lot's and lot's of land and no noisy neighbours.. 

See the source image

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Isnt that photoshoped? I don't think it actuall exists 

I was curious about that too? it looks like a helicopter landing pad there also but even that, how in hells name did they build it that high up 😂

Back on topic, me & the wife has said if we won the lottery we would love to buy a cottage in the Scottish countryside somewhere, that would be heaven on earth for us.

6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I was curious about that too? it looks like a helicopter landing pad there also but even that, how in hells name did they build it that high up 😂

"It's quite incredible how people actually managed to build this lighthouse, just at WW2 began. In 1939 there were no helicopters so people would have had to sail to the cliff and scale it. In an old article in Morgunblaðið, project director Árni G. Þórarinsson says in an interview, "The first thing we had to to was create a road up to the cliff. We got together of experienced mountaineers, all from the Westman Islands. Then we brought drills, hammers, chains and clamps to secure the chains. Once they got near the top there was no way to get any grip on the rock so one of them got down on his knees, the second stood on his back, and then the third climbed on top of the other two and was able to reach the nib of the cliff above. I cannot even tell you how I was feeling whilst witnessing this incredibly dangerous procedure." 

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/nature_and_travel/2017/05/15/incredible_location_for_a_lighthouse_perched_on_a_r/

• Wow 2