talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I've been to Turkey twice, it's a lovely country. The citizens are one of the most hospitable I've ever been to. But I'd only return there once their dictator is gone. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Turkey is great. Been twice. Loved it each time. 

We went for the first time last year and absolutely loved it, I love trying somewhere new usually but we enjoyed it that much we decided to go back. 

On 09/03/2021 at 06:26, Mpache said:

I'm going to wait a few months worth of travel news before I make plans.

Maybe I can start planning in July, my best hope is I can go to Europe in October/November.

Honestly I think it wouldn't be unrealistic to go a month or two earlier. The northern summer will play a big role in reducing the spread of COVID, which should combine with very substantial deployment of vaccinations throughout many countries.

There will still be cases and risk but it would surprise me if the significantly tourism dependent states were not welcoming tourism for the northern summer despite that.

15 hours ago, Harry said:

Honestly I think it wouldn't be unrealistic to go a month or two earlier. The northern summer will play a big role in reducing the spread of COVID, which should combine with very substantial deployment of vaccinations throughout many countries.

There will still be cases and risk but it would surprise me if the significantly tourism dependent states were not welcoming tourism for the northern summer despite that.

I want my vaccine before I go abroad + I want to go to arctic Norway in the fall.

However, I am VERY close to caving and going on a summer trip to British Columbia, outside of Vancouver, for wildlife viewing.

I dream of Canada. However, the chances of me ever visiting are incredibly low. I think possibly in 7-10 years now...would be my best chance depending on money.

Also want to get back to Europe and finally do Switzerland and Iceland. Not to mention a return to Japan, oh and my dream to do Iguazu Falls and Machu Picchu.... maybe these will get done over the next decade or two!!

Edited by Toinho

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very close to caving and going to the Dominican Republic in June/July. They have not been hit too hard by COVID in comparison to other countries, and it's due time I visit.

Norway at the moment is closed, so no point in planning to go there yet.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Going to spend a week in a camper van in September doing the North Coast 500 in Scotland and I cannot wait. 

That does sound fantastic. Do share some pics of you're able to. The scenery must be awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2021 at 22:46, Devil said:

I've bit the bullet and booked 10 days in Turkey at the end of August. 

Can't wait to be honest. 

Well this was a good idea.

I'm currently stuck between a rock and hard place, the wife want's to swap the destination now to a country more likely to be on the green list and I want to wait until June to see which countries are likely to be on it. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Well this was a good idea.

I'm currently stuck between a rock and hard place, the wife want's to swap the destination now to a country more likely to be on the green list and I want to wait until June to see which countries are likely to be on it. 

Tell her that countries on the green list can easily go up to Amber or Red.

Imagine if you changed to Portugal (which is on the green list now?), it goes on the amber list just before your holiday, and Turkey goes on the green list at the same time :dash3:

If you have cancellation options that last til August, you might as well wait til June or July (whenever the set times countries get updated). It'll be easy to book something last minute should you have doubts nearer the time anyway. 

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tell her that countries on the green list can easily go up to Amber or Red.

Imagine if you changed to Portugal (which is on the green list now?), it goes on the amber list just before your holiday, and Turkey goes on the green list at the same time :dash3:

If you have cancellation options that last til August, you might as well wait til June or July (whenever the set times countries get updated). It'll be easy to book something last minute should you have doubts nearer the time anyway. 

The main issue I've got is I've only paid the deposit, the rest of the holiday is to be paid off mid June. 

I'm actually thinking of writing off the deposit money because I'm pretty certain they will want money for changing the destination anyway. It was a totally stupid thing to do, I allowed my mate to get into my head at the time of booking as he was mad keen to book and he was saying the holiday prices would shoot up closer the time. 

Edited by Devil

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of popping to London for a few days in mid-late June. This job I'm working on currently will be finished around then so instead of jumping straight onto another job, I might as well have a week off before going onto the other job I have lined up. I've recently received the 4th government self employed grant(about time I received one!) and a tax return is on its way, so I might aswell get away for a few days. I was thinking Portugal but it seems too much of a ballache to travel there right now, so it would make sense to just stay in England. I could even go and see a cousin, who has recently bought a 900 grand apartment down there(the cunt works for bloomberg) although it depends on how busy he'll be around that period.

I've been to London before but not actually seen many of the sites, etc so I might as well jump on the train down there since it's only a 2 hour 45 minute journey.

@Danny, @Stan

5 hours ago, Stan said:

@Carnivore Chris what you looking to do or wanting to find?

Seems like your cousin will know the best places but I'd expect him to pay for everything with that kind of job xD

I'll probably just go on a mission everywhere as I do xD.

Yeah, he's done well for himself, but I might not even go and see him although I'm definitely considering a few days in London next month, why not? 

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Administrator
Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

I'll probably just go on a mission everywhere as I do xD.

Yeah, he's done well for himself, but I might not even go and see him but I'm definitely considering a few days in London next month, why not? 

Let us know where you head to. Go to Dishoom one night for some decent Indian food :banana:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Let us know where you head to. Go to Dishoom one night for some decent Indian food :banana:

I will do if I get around to it mate.

But at the same time I might even go to Portugal if it's not too much of a farce to do so. As it stand though it is, which is why going somewhere in this country would make more sense at this point.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I will do if I get around to it mate.

But at the same time I might even go to Portugal if it's not too much of a farce to do so. As it stand though it is, which is why going somewhere in this country would make more sense at this point.

Madeira in two months time? 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Let's go then nudge :drunk:

I'm serious... Will PM you tomorrow, currently out drinking. By the looks of it I will he moving around every 3 months or so in the near future, so if you're up for it, we could meet for a few beers in Madeira next... 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm serious... Will PM you tomorrow, currently out drinking. By the looks of it I will he moving around every 3 months or so in the near future, so if you're up for it, we could meet for a few beers in Madeira next... 

Yeah we'll do it if it's still possible by then.

• Administrator

She probably would do these days as I don't drink too much anymore xD.  Not only that, but she drinks whiskey for breakfast :ph34r:

She bathes in it. It's that Baltic blood. 

• Haha 2

She probably would do these days as I don't drink too much anymore xD.  Not only that, but she drinks whiskey for breakfast :ph34r:

It's laughable that you think she only has it for breakfast... B|

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Lucas said:

Had a late long weekend away in Cornwall.

Actually didn't take a lot of pics, these are probably the best one's though when in Looe.

Around Cornwell are some of the best beaches I have seen a bit like Australian beaches, on leave in my army days before I got married me and my mate drove up there and along the coast.

I can't remember if it was either Newquay, St.Ives or Penzance but there was a great big rock on the sands and when the tide went out you could walk around the rock and there was a cave that pirates used when the tide was in, they would hold a lantern against an opening in bad weather and make the lantern like a lighthouse beacon and ships would think it was the latter and end up crashing their ships against the rocks when the tide went out they would then scavage the wrecks for whatever.