talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing League - Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Subscriber

@Panna King @Batard

With your mutual agreement, I'd like to make a little tweak to the rules to get this round finished seeing as we all lost our streaks over a week ago and we are only fighting a tie breaker.

Instead of carrying on with this for potentially three more weeks or more, how about we each pick a first goalscorer of the weekend and whichever one of our chosen men scores first wins the round for that person in the event that more than one person's team wins or all of them fail again? Obviously if none of our three guys find the net we will just have to try again next week.

I'd plan to do this immediately in future if we have another situation where all remaining players lose at once.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 01/10/2018 at 09:32, RandoEFC said:

@Panna King @Batard

With your mutual agreement, I'd like to make a little tweak to the rules to get this round finished seeing as we all lost our streaks over a week ago and we are only fighting a tie breaker.

Instead of carrying on with this for potentially three more weeks or more, how about we each pick a first goalscorer of the weekend and whichever one of our chosen men scores first wins the round for that person in the event that more than one person's team wins or all of them fail again? Obviously if none of our three guys find the net we will just have to try again next week.

I'd plan to do this immediately in future if we have another situation where all remaining players lose at once.

There's a man who knows Panna King's won xD

Who do I need to have assassinated so we can all get back in the game??? 

I have the money, I probably even know someone that will do it... just need the chosen target...

That's not a call I am prepared to make alone... I have my limits you know..   

• Subscriber

We have a winner! The tie breaker doesn't come into it in the end. Burnley's failure to beat Huddersfield sends @RandoEFC and @Batard crashing out in joint second place, meaning they'll each pick up 2 bonus points and everyone who got knocked out in Gameweek 4 picks up one extra bonus point for coming joint 3rd.

@Panna King successfully wins this round of the Last Man Standing league and picks up the full 3 bonus points. Congratulations Panna King!

For the rest of us, it looks like our next destination is the Bundesliga, I will get it set up later this evening.

• Subscriber

Update - Gameweek Eight

giphy.gif

I can declare the first round of the Last Man Standing League done, at long last. The three-way tie that seemed never to end has finally had the pin put in it, Christopher Schindler the unlikely source of heartbreak for @RandoEFC and @Batard who both backed Burnley to defeat Huddersfield this week.

Congratulations to @Panna King who I can officially confirm as the winner of this round after Tottenham beat Cardiff 1-0 thanks to a strike from Eric Dier.

Confirmation of points at the end of this round:

@Panna King is now sitting on 8 points, having survived five gameweeks successfully, with the three bonus points coming from being the Last Man Standing this time around.

@RandoEFC and @Batard are on 7 points each, also having survived five gameweeks, and picking up two bonus points for coming joint 2nd.

This also means that a number of players end up in joint 3rd place. The following players received 3 points for surviving three gameweeks before being dumped out in The Great Gameweek Four Massacre, but will now receive an extra bonus point and therefore a total score of 4 points from this round: @Viva la FCB @Lucas @Eco @Stan @nudge @Cicero @The Palace Fan @Dan @Cannabis @Teso dos Bichos @DNA @Tommy @binder @Harry @Storts @...Dan and @Bluewolf.

A full table will be going up in the other thread. Apologies in advance for those people who are going to get spammed with three tag notifications in the next hour or less.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived