talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 15th September - Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool

football forum

8 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Spurs have had an absolute shocker today, Liverpool should be 5/6 up. The Scousers are looking formidable, seriously strong team.

Not to totally refute what you've said but i really don't think we've been good at all. Spurs have just been worse. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit sloppy, but 15 points from 15 xD

I think we were better than we were against Leicester. But we still need to tighten things up. It’s nice though seeing that your side is not near it’s best... yet it’s been better than the opposition in each match.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not to totally refute what you've said but i really don't think we've been good at all. Spurs have just been worse. 

Mane & Salah were being selfish pricks but other than that I thought it was a professional performance.

Just now, 6666 said:

Mane & Salah were being selfish pricks but other than that I thought it was a professional performance.

In the first half I thought our midfield was being outplayed a bit, but their defenders being all over the place kept the balance more in our favour.

In the second half I thought we were better in all areas of the pitch, but I still don’t think we’re as sharp as we could and ideally would be.

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

the attack didn't fire and we scored two scrappy goals that both benefited from keeper error... on a different day we could have lost 1-0 with the same performance

10 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Can't complain about this start. Not worried about Salah either. He will sort himself out. 

Just concerned about Firmino. Hope it's not a bad eye injury. 

It's only a scratch. He'll be fine in a day or so. 

Score today flattered Spurs. It won't be long before we give someone a proper hiding. 

Just now, Harry said:

the attack didn't fire and we scored two scrappy goals that both benefited from keeper error... on a different day we could have lost 1-0 with the same performance

You could also say that on a different day we could have got a cricket score. 

• Subscriber

Liverpool win, Salah gets no fantasy points and Robertson loses his clean sheet in injury time. Mare.

It's too early to make comments like "do people still think Tottenham had a good window because they kept all their key players?" but you can see why even elite teams like Man City who don't need any signings really still go out and get a Mahrez or two just to freshen things up. Spurs have looked leggy to me this season (though I didn't see them today) and it's a tough set of circumstances for them with the World Cup clearly burning out some of their key players, a difficult transfer window, the Lloris controversy and the stadium situation. It would have been useful for them if Kane and a couple of others had a bit of a thigh strain or something ruling them out of their international call ups.

Liverpool seem to possibly be the real deal. Might turn out to be a good job that I had to resign myself in that Rodgers season to them actually winning a league title as it'll allow me to be much less arsed if they do pull it off this season. Still a long way to go yet though.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

After seeing the replay it's a penalty. Missed it in real time, it just looked like he slipped. 

Yeah - couldn’t tell at the ground either, tough to see

We didn’t deserve anything anyway, we were all over the place. No idea what they were trying to do.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

We were so poor, had nothing about us, yet should have rescued it at the end. 

I know it’s Liverpool fans favourite subject, so what about that blatant penalty at the end with the foul on Son?

Real time it looked like a slip, with a replay it looks like a penalty. The league not having VAR probably fucked you there. I don’t blame the ref for not giving it, it looks like he slips when I watch it full speed. That’s just bad luck for you.

But I think on the run of play, if you’d gotten a point it would have been really lucky we weren’t more clinical. So many defensive errors from Spurs today it was a far cry from what I was expecting.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived