Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Claudio Ranieri New Fulham Manager

Well with one win in twelve, and only 5 points it was expected. They looked as the current top contender to go down first. I love to see Claudio back, loved him since his Chelsea days. A good manager and a true gentleman, he will need miracles to save them. However has plenty of time to turn things around.

A miracle to save them xD They're a win away from being on the same points as us and Southampton.

I think it's clear by the quick nature of this appointment that discussions had been ongoing for some time. I'm quite disappointed in Claudio for that. Given the circumstances in which he left Leicester I thought he would hold himself in higher regard.

I hope they drop to be honest. They have completely turned their back on everything that bought them to the party over the last 2/3 seasons and have effectively sold out. It would send completely the wrong message if they survive at the expense of somebody like Cardiff City.

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I love to see Claudio back, loved him since his Chelsea days. A good manager and a true gentleman,

"Hear ye, hear ye", glad he is back, what he did with Leicester was a miracle he might even do the same with Fulham, nice to see his smiling face again.  :congrats:

They'll finish top half now. 

Edited by Harry

Gunna be one of those people that bangs the drum about the lack of loyalty in Football. 

Jokanovic has spent the last three years at Fulham developing a side that plays a particular style of Football and hasn’t deviated from that style and he’s been sacked within a couple of months of promotion to the Premier League. 

Anyway, Khan has proven to be a bit of a fool at Fulham so I fully expect Ranieri to be gone in February, him to turn to someone random like they did the last time they were in the Premier League and for them to sink. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Will probably get booed on his return to the King Power given how they treated him. Hope he can do something special at Fulham though, always liked him. 

Said a few weeks back that Jovakanic (or whatever he's called) would be sacked first. Didn't put the bet on as the odds were shiiite.

Wow.

Someone clearly didn't see the reception he was given when returning on Saturday. They say ignorance is bliss but with you it's just fucking weird.

Now I'll wait to see you say 'I'm rattled'. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A miracle to save them xD They're a win away from being on the same points as us and Southampton.

I think it's clear by the quick nature of this appointment that discussions had been ongoing for some time. I'm quite disappointed in Claudio for that. Given the circumstances in which he left Leicester I thought he would hold himself in higher regard.

I hope they drop to be honest. They have completely turned their back on everything that bought them to the party over the last 2/3 seasons and have effectively sold out. It would send completely the wrong message if they survive at the expense of somebody like Cardiff City.

Point wise yes mate, however their football is far from Premiership quality. He will need to start over in a new system. 

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I am surprised that nibbles are so easily gained on here. 

Grow up. 

35 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Point wise yes mate, however their football is far from Premiership quality. He will need to start over in a new system. 

I wouldn't say that. They gave a pretty good account of themselves against us at the weekend.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Wow.

Someone clearly didn't see the reception he was given when returning on Saturday. They say ignorance is bliss but with you it's just fucking weird.

Now I'll wait to see you say 'I'm rattled'. 

He hasn't got a clue, Cannabis just plonders through life xD

41 minutes ago, AMG said:

I don't think Ranieri accepted this offer as a risk free appointment as being described, mid table finish will be his aim and there is individual quality in this team to do that but a complete overhaul is needed but i don't think anyone has a succession plan at the moment.  

Just realised this does mean they'll beat us now when they play us at start of December. Was looking forward to that away trip as well haha

52 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ahoy there, what stats do we have today? 

I've got one for you....

Cannabis gets rattled at least twice a day :D:bye:

Better to do it now with 10 days to get his feet under the table before his first game as opposed to waiting until Christmas when the games will be coming thick and fast. Might seem harsh on Jokanovic but the team was looking quite hopeless.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just realised this does mean they'll beat us now when they play us at start of December. Was looking forward to that away trip as well haha

I actually think we're in danger of going on quite a bad run now. I thought this was the one we'd definitely win. I'm now certain we'll lose.

I bet Lineker will not bet that "If Ranieri wins the EPL with Fulham he will present MOTD in his undies" after he did the same with Leicester in 2015  xD

Gary Lineker (of 'doing-Match-of-the-Day-in-his-Leicester-City-pants' fame), tweeted this...

_104334534_edee91da-918a-4a0f-a21f-59707

...An exact replica of the one he wrote when his former club appointed the Italian back in 2015.

_104336374_01e53524-1d2d-4a2d-8862-f7afd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46208484

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bonus points to @Dan for taking the joke as it was intended. Hope for the forum after all :bye:

He took my lead and chose to ignore you.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bonus points to @Dan for taking the joke as it was intended. Hope for the forum after all :bye:

Or just means you're not as funny as you think you are :bye:

• Haha 1

I don't think this is a long term solution to them staying in this league but he may keep them up this season.

He will keep them up and then the bookies will make an absolute fortune of idiots betting on Fulham to win the league next year.

As @The Palace Fan said, they don't need much to move up the table. Would hardly be a miracle if he keeps Fulham up. 

I don't know if it was on here, but I weirdly called this happening. Admittedly not all my own doing, I saw someone say he's got a place in West London and he keeps popping up at Premier League games I've noticed so I got the impression he fancied a return - Fulham made the most sense, convenient and they're frankly awful, in-particular in defence which he is renowned for being strong at.

I actually do think he will keep them in the league. I can't explain the tactics behind why - but his career is littered with job after job of initial bursts followed by struggle, so I think he'll manage to organise them this year and get them safe. They've been rubbish but they could be 14th in two games time, they're nowhere near in deep trouble, nobody is even.

I think this is a bit of a worry for us as well as previously stated - I think we've got a pretty crap run of fixtures coming up and our game at Fulham in three weeks was the one I was confident we'd win, but now I've totally U-turned, he is nailed on to beat us and people are going to rub our noses in it.

He will get a great reception when he comes here. Don't let people tell you otherwise. Although it won't be his first return - ironically, he was back the weekend just gone, albeit not in the circumstances that anyone wanted, but he, along with Pearson, got plenty of songs in his favour, so don't kid yourself that there's any bad blood between at least the fans and him. It was a huge sign of how cut-throat the Premier League is, but if we hadn't have sacked him, I'm 99% sure we'd still be in the Championship. I cannot stress to people how bad we were that year. It was horrible seeing him sacked, but for me it was either that, or watching him take us down, and the latter would've not only been potentially crippling to us financially, it would've been so sad.

• Upvote 2

Ranieri's been given a 'multi-year' deal according to the BBC.

I'll call this now. Quote me on it, keep it saved. He will keep them up this year, and they will have a similar start next year, before he gets the sack.

I don't really have any sympathy to Fulham in this scenario here. I think the way they handled promotion was dreadful in hindsight. It's easy to get excited about a club spending money but that doesn't always mean they're doing it properly. People have this strange attitude that they think the more players you sign, the better you become, as if it's some kind of battle where you're using everybody at once. The truth is it looks to me as an outsider like they've overhauled pretty much their entire side, it hasn't clicked immediately so they've got no real idea what to actually do.

Something tells me Jokanovic wasn't totally at fault here. I think it's madness to rip your side up. Hardly any promoted sides do it. Players stepping up from the Championship is a lot easier than it's made out to be.

Wolves handled promotion well. Fulham didn't.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Danny said:

I don't think this is a long term solution to them staying in this league but he may keep them up this season.

No one really has a solution at the moment imo. 

Why all the hate for Fulham? 

They came up, invested heavily in the squad to give the manager the best chance of at least surviving this season. He starts the season terribly, and with the busy Christmas period not far off they replace him with a proven manager to give themselves the best chance of surviving. 

Yes, the players always take the blame too but you can't sit there and say their start has been anything but a disaster, They are just lucky that the team's around them haven't been able to open up a gap. Jokanovic had to go, he was persisting with naive football and was making so many changes each week that there was no stability in the side.