• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Qatar 2022 World Cup

football forum

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

They're dismantling the Stadium 974 which I didn't knew was a temporary venue.

It's called Stadium 974 because 974 is the area code for Qatar, but also because it's made out of 974 shipping containers. 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

They're dismantling the Stadium 974 which I didn't knew was a temporary venue.

36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's called Stadium 974 because 974 is the area code for Qatar, but also because it's made out of 974 shipping containers. 

One of the commentators said in the game yesterday that Uruguay might be taking some of the containers to re-use in some way to make a new stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This American journalist suddenly dying at the world cup is a bit of a weird story. His brother seems to be convinced Qatar killed him.

Died in the media lounge last night didn't he? He'd been wearing a rainbow t-shirt all tournament apparently, does seem a bit odd.

14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah this story seems sus the more you read about it.

He’s been suffering from what he thought was severe bronchitis for a week, so maybe he had some underlying heart issue he wasn’t aware of?

It does seem very weird though. 

• Subscriber

The weirdest part for me - if true - is that he was reportedly brought to the hospital in an UBER after the paramedics at the stadium attempted to resuscitate him for 30 minutes. Wtf, don't they have ambulances at the stadiums?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

The weirdest part for me - if true - is that he was reportedly brought to the hospital in an UBER after the paramedics at the stadium attempted to resuscitate him for 30 minutes. Wtf, don't they have ambulances at the stadiums?

During a game? Can partly understand if they'd all gone after the game has finished and anyone still there may have just been doing some media stuff. 

It does seem suspicious though :(

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

During a game? Can partly understand if they'd all gone after the game has finished and anyone still there may have just been doing some media stuff. 

It does seem suspicious though :(

Yeah, during the Netherlands-Argentina match, apparently. 

I wouldn't say it's suspicious considering that he was sick and sought medical care twice, but if the Uber reports are true, then that's extreme medical negligence. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah, during the Netherlands-Argentina match, apparently. 

I wouldn't say it's suspicious considering that he was sick and sought medical care twice, but if the Uber reports are true, then that's extreme medical negligence. 

He did get sick after being in custody for wearing his rainbow shirt I thought I'd read somewhere though. I mean if this is nearly anywhere else in the world it wouldn't be questioned really.

Just have a general feeling it's going to be a repeat of the final four years ago.

Just hope and pray Croatia can win it from here, I've always had a strange connection to them and I'd love them to defend their way to the title.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Americans don’t call ambulances because they cost too much, maybe a American colleague called an uber?

• Subscriber

16 raids have been carried by the Belgian police over the weekend as part of an international investigation into claims that football World Cup host Qatar sought to buy influence, six people were arrested and four were charged with corruption, money laundering and organized crime. The suspects include current and former members of European Parliament, as well as the general secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation. Several NGOs are involved, too. The biggest name is Eva Kaili, the Vice-President of the European Parliament, who has been since relieved of her duties, and her family assets have been frozen. 

On 13/12/2022 at 03:57, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's something insane like $5k for an ambulance xD

Ideally what you do is ignore the bill. I don’t think any medical practitioners can force someone to pay debts. It may fuck up a person’s credit though. 

Archived