talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Deadpool 2 - Better than the first one in every way. Loved the new characters, all the blood and violence... pretty tarantino-ish.

The comedy is pretty good not gonna lie, but breaking the 4th wall every 2 minutes might eventually get boring.

I freaking love Marvel these days. I find myself impatiently awaiting the next movie.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Jurassic World - 8/10 Despite Cannabis pissing on it I quite liked it. Im probably bias, Vincent D'onofrio is one of my favourite actors, throw in some Chris Pratt and im ready for a good time. The effects where awesome, the whole genetically modified thing was pretty sweet. Im ready for the sequel. 

Solo: A starwars story - 9/10 I dont care what critics say I loved it. The cast was fantastic, the story was great, the actions scenes where edge of your seat stuff. Plus Emlia Clarke is life :x (shes still better as a blonde) Donald Glover was actually really good which surprised me; maybe because I've watched far too much Community and I couldnt see him doing anything else. Woody Harrelson is at his usual "A" game. Get out and see this in theatres as its worth your time and money, I think it was almost as good as Rogue One.

• Administrator

Solo: A Star Wars Story - 7/10

Better than I thought it'd be! Enjoyed Donald Glover's role in it which again I didn't think I would. 

Whoever plays Kira is beautiful. Enjoyed all the action scenes and the whole plot actually. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

what?

I've heard of people not watching Game of Thrones but I've never encountered it in the wild. 

Anyways shes one of the big stars from it. Shes also adorable in alot of interviews, seems like a very down to earth gal.

Edited by Viva la FCB

'Alphaville'

3/10

'Johnny Guitar'

6/10

'Fort Apache'

7/10

'Touki Bouki'

6/10

'Der Blaue Engel (The blue angel)'

7.5/10

'Stalag 17'

9/10

'Cléo de 5 à 7'

Definitely, the Nouvelle Vague is not for me.

3/10

'Hannah Arendt'

5/10

'Papurika (Paprika)'

7/10

'Thor: Ragnarok'

7/10

'Boyz n the Hood'

8.5/10

'The Naked City'

7/10

'Salvatore Giuliano'

7/10

'Punch-Drunk Love'

6.5/10

'Sex, Lies, and Videotape'

7.5/10

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 6/10

Was actually interested in seeing this film until they practically showed the whole film in the trailer. 

Hate it when they do that. 

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Was actually interested in seeing this film until they practically showed the whole film in the trailer. 

Hate it when they do that. 

To be fair, they don....actually, yeah they do. They pretty much do anyways. 

The biggest issue is that its just a bit dull. I think 6/10 is me being really really generous because I like the idea of the franchise and there were a few effective scenes in the film. 

Truth or Dare: absolute terrible film from start to finish, So predictable because the same plot has already been done hundreds of times. The only positive is there is some nice flange in it other than that it's 2 hours of my life I won't get back 2/10.

• 2 weeks later...

IT (2017) - 7/10 

It's good, but I feel it's massively overrated. Though, the guy who plays Pennywise was brilliant. I am looking forward to the second one with adult actors, a couple of the kids really fucked me off tbh 😂

Hereditary: 9/10

Need to rewatch but I think it could be one of my favourite horrors ever.

Imo several ways the story developed were a bit unnescessary, but overall I think it was original and, really grotesquely, sickeningly disturbing. Not at all cheap in how it gets to you.

19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bit of controversy as the trailer for it was shown before Peter Rabbit at a cinema in Bristol I believe :dam:. Does look rather disturbing.

Haha I heard that. 

Tbh I liked that some of the most disturbing moments aren’t at all graphic. The mark of a a good horror, and also just a dramatically interestingly story.

Toni Collette is also a fucking amazing actor.

Off to watch Hereditary tomorrow night so hope it’s decent.

Rampage 6/10 - It is what it is. Video game wasn’t better.

Ready Player One 10/10 - Amazing. From start to finish, a totally submersive film that grabs your attention through the story and visuals. People will moan that read that book (as I have), but it’s a film ffs. Get over the small details.