talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Johnson says now if we have symptoms we should stay at home for 14 days (isn't this what we should have been doing anyway, self-isolation?) 

Advising people to work from home where possible, avoid non-essential travel and pubs/clubs/theatres etc. 

Nothing we didn't already know then.... 

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

Change of strategy then?

Yea, from staying silent to talking about it.... 

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Meanwhile the government is expected to scale up testing. They don't say how but just that it will be done.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Johnson says, after being asked about implementing criminal enforcement/powers should they breach isolation advice, that we are a grown up and mature democracy and British people understand the need to isolate. Didn't actually answer the question... 

Just like the adult and mature way we have gone about shopping in the high street... 

We are doomed with these idiots in charge... 

Trudeau just spoke and has put some measures to stop the spread.

Everything was going fine in the presser until he mentioned that all entry is banned to foreigners except Americans. Makes you wonder if he's worried about closing the already falling relations with Trump.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You're told to self isolate by your club, so Mount decides to have a kick about. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51910780

Remember when I said about the stockpiling and people's stupidity @Stan

Yep! 

People's selfishness will get the better of them. It may all be innocent now to have a kick about but people need to act as it they have the disease and act carefully, instead of acting to only avoid it for themselves. It's frustrating when 'normal' members of the public avoid advice, let alone figures in the spotlight like a pro footballer. 

See, now after hearing that new announcement I’ve got a bit of a dilemma with my mother. 

She has had a sore throat, cough and a cold the last few days. As I previously said, she is always dealing with these sort of issues because of her weaker immune system due to having diabetes. 

Now, she’s started to feel better the last day or so...so what do I do? I’m the Operations manager in my workplace, and I wouldn’t like to take a fortnight off if it ends up being fuck all. I’ve had no symptoms whatsoever, but it could be the incubation stage that I’m in. That’s possible too. 

I am stuck in a place where I would like to avoid being off unnecessarily, but this new advice has me question what the fuck I do?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They kill people for smoking weed

That's a point. Fuck toilet rolls(you can use your sink as a bidet...) and fuck food(I live about 1.5 mile from the country, I will kill sheep or something), I think it's time I bought a kilo of weed just in case!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

See, now after hearing that new announcement I’ve got a bit of a dilemma with my mother. 

She has had a sore throat, cough and a cold the last few days. As I previously said, she is always dealing with these sort of issues because of her weaker immune system due to having diabetes. 

Now, she’s started to feel better the last day or so...so what do I do? I’m the Operations manager in my workplace, and I wouldn’t like to take a fortnight off if it ends up being fuck all. I’ve had no symptoms whatsoever, but it could be the incubation stage that I’m in. That’s possible too. 

I am stuck in a place where I would like to avoid being off unnecessarily, but this new advice has me question what the fuck I do?

Ring 111 when you think you have symptoms. I know there's been different responses from them (good and bad) but at least you can say you followed their advice should you recover. 

I know you said 'for what might end up being fuck all' but is it not better to be safe and sorry? Instead of going in, with the virus and no symptoms, and potentially passing it on, you could stay home (as boring as it may be) be clear for 2 weeks and be confident you don't have it and won't pass it on. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

12 week self isolation/no unnecessary travel if you have severe chronic health problems...waiting on what that full list is. Asthma is a chronic lung disease...could be a long 3 months ahead 

Would be good if that could have been cleared up at the time. Shit no one asked further about it. 

My missus has asthma and can get it bad sometimes. Does she stay at home for 3 months? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

He was in touch with Sophie Trudeau who was tested positive a few days ago. Looks who else was there:

60c25eo90em41.jpg

Lewis is too woke to get coronavirus. Idris eats too much meat and probably doesn't wash his hands because he doesn't understand how #blessed he is to be alive.

Still we rise.

• Haha 1

Don't know exactly what it's like in the UK at the moment but it's very eerie here in Spain. 

If you go out, every second person has got a mask and a lot of people are wearing gloves. There's a lot of police about stopping cars on the road and asking questions. Went to a local supermarket earlier near my work and there were people waiting outside. It was a one in, one out policy, not because it was busy but I imagine it was to help stop too many people gathering in an enclosed space. I was waiting outside with a couple of people and we were all distancing ourselves from each other and there's been a lot of that with the few people you encounter out and about. There's a storm brewing in Seville in the south of Spain in a place which has mostly experienced sunny days of between 23-28 degrees the past month. It's like armageddon or something.

Despite not having strict measures like Spain or Italy, has the UK gone the same way?

Edited by carefreeluke

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Despite not having strict measures like Spain or Italy, has the UK gone the same way?

Not sure as I haven't really been out since going on leave for the past couple of days. However, after today's announcement and going back to work tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see how it goes. 

I need to nip out at some point to get Mother's Day stuff as well. 

• Upvote 1