talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bosnia has confirmed 2 new cases @True Blue

3500 people on a cruise ship just off California called The Grand Princess - a former passenger on there has died...

A cruise ship just off Athens has told all its passengers to stay on the ship; a former passenger has tested positive for the virus...

Just read it yeah, two confirmed cases in a city called Banja Luka up north. A adult man and his child infected, but as our sources claim stable. If we had an epidemic we would all die, our country can't contain shit.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Just read it yeah, two confirmed cases in a city called Banja Luka up north. A adult man and his child infected, but as our sources claim stable. If we had an epidemic we would all die, our country can't contain shit.

Can you visit there and see how they are?

• Haha 1

California's declared a state of emergency after the first coronavirus death in the state and the virus has appeared in 12 different counties infecting over 50 people. They're now trying to locate anyone who was on the Grand Princess cruise ship to see if they've got the virus.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Judging by how when I went to the supermarket yesterday and literally all the toilet paper had been sold out... I think some people have already reached that point

Maybe its been answered in the thread but what's this strange obsession with toilet paper? 

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Maybe its been answered in the thread but what's this strange obsession with toilet paper? 

I think people are expecting to be quarantined for a while, or to self-quarantine and not leave their house for a while. So they've taken all the bog rolls in San Diego and fucked off back to their houses for "stockpiling" - the selfish bastards. Personally, I think they're mental and a bunch of twats and I hope I don't run out of toilet paper anytime soon because of these selfish fuckfaces.

It's also got me a bit worried about what else might become scarce. One of my cats has medically prescribed food... so if more people start this stockpiling mentality, I worry that he won't be able to get the food he needs to stay alive. I should probably order some now just to be safe.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Out of curiosity, what are the main differences between influenza and coronavirus? 

They're similar illnesses caused by different viruses.

Both cause fever, coughing, body aches, fatigue, and sometimes vomitting and diarrhea. Both can be mild, severe, and even fatal. And both can result in pneumonia. Similarly, both can be spread person to person, through droplets in the air from coughing, sneezing, talking, spitting, all of that shite. And both can spread by an infected person days before symptoms appear (maybe weeks in terms of COVID-19 - we don't really know yet).

I think the biggest differences between flu viruses and coronaviruses (because COVID-19 is just 1 coronavirus, other coronaviruses include SARS & MERS) is it's a different family of diseases. And as far as we know, COVID-19 - our "novel 2019 coronavirus" is caused by the strain of virus going around. With the flu we know it's caused by several different types and strains of the influenza virus.

The other biggest difference is the higher mortality rate we're seeing from this coronavirus than we see from most strains of the flu. And of course, that because it's a new virus we don't have people who are immune to it & there's no vaccine currently.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

What's the age range for fatalities? Has that even been published? 

I know it's generally elderly people who are or who can suffer the most. But I'm wondering should I be at the panic stage of this thing or just go about normal business for now? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the age range for fatalities? Has that even been published? 

I know it's generally elderly people who are or who can suffer the most. But I'm wondering should I be at the panic stage of this thing or just go about normal business for now? 

x0jgzwhtfph41.jpg?width=512&auto=webp&s=

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I´m not american but the complacency of american government is really bothering and worrying me. 

How can this stuff happen in the richest country in the world?! 

Wow, that’s fucked up

• Upvote 1