talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Busquets had a hard time keeping up/defending Pogba and rashford. 

Just watched this video in full and I didnt really see where busquets had hard time keeping up with pogba except for one incident at 2:03. 

47 secs: Biscuits won the ball clean from pogba (went for a corner though)

1:15: no one marked him and his shot was piss poor, should atleast hit the target there

1:26: he fouled messi

2:03: ill give him that

2:33: great pass to the opponent GK

3:12 : the ball was won clean by barca, not a foul. the ref is an idiot.

3:18: xD

3:21: :rofl:

Not even sure what were the pogba highlights in this video.

21 minutes ago, Asura said:

many footballers do charity and many common people does that too... dont see why this needs a special thread or mention unless its an out of the world amount... 

I think he trying to make a bunch of other pros do the 1%.

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I think it's breaking the news because Mata is trying to make a movement where it's written into players contracts so that they have to donate money. He's obviously the first and only one to be doing a scheme like this but I think he's hoping it snowballs into a worldwide effort.

interesting, I didnt know that its tied upto players contracts. Even then, I think many footballers do their own charity with most of them having their own charitable organisations anyways.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I think he trying to make a bunch of other pros do the 1%.

Thats what Im trying to say mate, many players do that anyways and im almost sure most of them does more than 1% of their salary already. 

Dont get me wrong im not belittling Mata or his efforts, kudos to him but im just saying the number is not outrageous to invoke a discussion. Sorry if I sounded wrong

First Bellerín offering money while playing in the U21 Euros and now this!  Don't Spaniards know any other way to dodge taxes other than to give to charity!  They should just resort to what they know and steal wallets! :ph34r:

On a serious note...  It would be interesting to know how many and which footballers give to charity from their salary and not just visiting Africa or poor Asian countries as a propaganda stunt...  

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I think it's breaking the news because Mata is trying to make a movement where it's written into players contracts so that they have to donate money. He's obviously the first and only one to be doing a scheme like this but I think he's hoping it snowballs into a worldwide effort.

Yep and because the movement needs publicity to succeed. 

2 hours ago, FOYM said:

100k a week likely.....oh how will he ever live without that 1k he donated. Pissed me off this, make it atleast 10k a week and I'd maybe applaud you. 

Oh come off it. He said he is donating 1% of his wage to this single charity. That doesn't mean he isn't donating to other charities, for fucks sake. He is trying to start a movement concerning this one organisation, he doesn't need to wank off the X amount he sent to some other charity, now does he?

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Oh come off it. He said he is donating 1% of his wage to this single charity. That doesn't mean he isn't donating to other charities, for fucks sake. He is trying to start a movement concerning this one organisation, he doesn't need to wank off the X amount he sent to some other charity, now does he?

Yes he does. I demands it.

I find it funny that these guys have to go to India to somehow get some kind of epiphany on the levels of poverty that exist and are growing in the world, not to mention their own nations. Globally, wage inequality is well on the rise meanwhile players are making rapidly increasing amounts of money, not to mention the money in general being moved around the industry. The degree to which some of these guys are out of touch with current reality is sad really. If he were really so "shocked" by poverty you'd think it'd be worth more than 1% of an otherwise gargantuan salary. And even outside the salary when you consider the free cars, clothes etc. through sponsors. I'm not sure that this is any sort of noble effort, even if he did manage to make a change that resulted in every player giving a mere 1% of their massive salaries to charities, non-profits, whatever. Don't think players, just like celebrities, should be congratulated for these transparent publicity stunts.

That isn't funny at all. Seeing is believing and most people don't see outside their bubble. What an incredibly cynical and assumptive point of view. You literally  know nothing of Juan Mata and yet you sit on your high horse and judge him as transparent and phony. I'd wager his 1% per week is more than a lot of members on this forum combined have given to charity in their lives. I don't do fucking shit for charity but at least I don't sit behind my computer and lambast someone for doing something even if it is relatively small for what they are worth. 

As I said earlier the lack of statement regarding other charities doesn't mean he doesn't do other charity work. Even a toddler understands what object permanence is, just because it isn't seen doesn't mean it isn't there.

Fucking complain about anything. If you were starving and given a loaf of bread you'd complain that it isn't two loaves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

That isn't funny at all. Seeing is believing and most people don't see outside their bubble. What an incredibly cynical and assumptive point of view. You literally  know nothing of Juan Mata and yet you sit on your high horse and judge him as transparent and phony. I'd wager his 1% per week is more than a lot of members on this forum combined have given to charity in their lives. I don't do fucking shit for charity but at least I don't sit behind my computer and lambast someone for doing something even if it is relatively small for what they are worth. 

As I said earlier the lack of statement regarding other charities doesn't mean he doesn't do other charity work. Even a toddler understands what object permanence is, just because it isn't seen doesn't mean it isn't there.

Fucking complain about anything. If you were starving and given a loaf of bread you'd complain that it isn't two loaves.

Yeah, it is probably more than a lot of members on this forum have given because I'd wager most members of this forum make nowhere near what he makes... I currently work for two non-profits myself and frankly it gets tiring to see the kind of tokenistic bullshit wealthy people like to do just to make themselves look/feel better. I also think its a bit bullshit to constantly expect poor people to be eternally grateful for whatever table scraps the wealthy throw to them for their own egos. Its also a matter of understanding the politics of non-profit organisations, who major donors are, who grant providers are, essentially where the money comes from and how the direction of such an organisation has more to do with wealthy or governmental stakeholder interests than the interests of those they're supposedly serving. An organisation like streetfootballworld is all well and good, but there are very real reasons why people roll their eyes at these kinds of "gestures". In an industry that just saw a nearly 200 million Euro player transfer, that's ripping up any kind of fan ownership left, right and centre, that doesn't seem much interested in restricting wealthy owners, corporations etc. in continuing to turn the sport into their own personal playground, this 1% of wages to football charities thing...I'm sorry but it's naive at best and pure publicity at worst.