talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

20 minutes ago, TrstnFCB said:

Yeah, it is probably more than a lot of members on this forum have given because I'd wager most members of this forum make nowhere near what he makes... I currently work for two non-profits myself and frankly it gets tiring to see the kind of tokenistic bullshit wealthy people like to do just to make themselves look/feel better. I also think its a bit bullshit to constantly expect poor people to be eternally grateful for whatever table scraps the wealthy throw to them for their own egos. Its also a matter of understanding the politics of non-profit organisations, who major donors are, who grant providers are, essentially where the money comes from and how the direction of such an organisation has more to do with wealthy or governmental stakeholder interests than the interests of those they're supposedly serving. An organisation like streetfootballworld is all well and good, but there are very real reasons why people roll their eyes at these kinds of "gestures". In an industry that just saw a nearly 200 million Euro player transfer, that's ripping up any kind of fan ownership left, right and centre, that doesn't seem much interested in restricting wealthy owners, corporations etc. in continuing to turn the sport into their own personal playground, this 1% of wages to football charities thing...I'm sorry but it's naive at best and pure publicity at worst.

Why can't they give an equal percentage? I thought it was thought and care that counted, not the raw numbers; thst is just greed. Did you read the article? He wants everyone to donate 1%. Do you realise how much money that'd be in a year? Both Manchester clubs would scrape close to a million pounds easy. Most of these kids probably only need a new ball, maybe some shoes. Why shouldn't poor people be grateful for free things? Should they demand more? That is stupid and completely indignate to the spirit of giving, anything is better than nothing and I saw that first hand when I saw my young nephews give out Christmas presents in the slums/graveyards of Manila. What does Neymar's transfer have to do with Mata wanting other footballers to choose to donate to this charity? You don't have a single valid point and you just sound bitter, ranting about things that have nothing to do with Mata.

You sound like a guy that thinks he is better than the tokenistic rich people giving out their pennies to others. You reek of moral self-righteousness and quite frankly come off just like those people that donate to make themselves feel better. Everything is a bellyache and nothing is good enough.

7 hours ago, Berserker said:

Why's that?

Tax loophole that lets them declare a proportion of their wages as a payment for their "image rights" taxed at 20% instead of their wages being for the actual work they do like the rest of us have to pay.

Other than the Queen, Premier League footballers are the last people who should be talking about giving an "extra" 1%. This is a group who upscale their mansions and cars by reducing the amount they have to pay to schools, hospitals, welfare and the infrastructure we depend on to generate wealth.

Mata is having an existential crisis which is very common among all people of a good nature regardless of their wealth. I just challenge the notion that 1% is somehow an acceptable answer to that crisis from the position footballers are in.

• Subscriber

Can't believe how much negative feedback this is getting. I'm the most cynical bastard of them all but I have to respect Mata for this because I don't believe he's the type to do something like this publicly to get more Instagram followers like some other players. 

People asking him to donate 10% as well, get real, no chance of getting other players on board with that whereas if you make it 1% other players that get on board might well end up paying at least 2% or 3%.

Don't look at it as whether or not Mata deserves credit or not for giving up what is, for him, a pittance. Look at it as the guy trying to start a bit of a movement that could make a decent difference for a few charities. 

• Upvote 1

Loves himself does ol Jose... Hope the Hotel will be comfortable.

I dont see how he has improved the team other than Matic and he isnt the player he was and wont have Kante running behind him covering his slow ass.

No excuses for Pogba, he has had his year to settle. The media will get him if he does not show worth.

Lukaku better than Zlatan? ... I think Big nose is the better player in a crowded box, so all those games teams defend on the half way line will allow Lukaku to excel. I wonder how many games teams will set up with a high line? :34_rolling_eyes:

United must be better this season and will finish above 6th

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

other than matic? :34_rolling_eyes: 

lewandoski after facing Lindelof:

"I did not know them in detail, but I can say that they were one of the best centre-back duos I’ve faced in the last year.”

him and bailly and by far the best centre-back duo, thank god they didnt sign the overpriced Keane. 

Wow.... Do you really think that?   xD

36 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Wow.... Do you really think that?   xD

Some people wear red tinted sunglasses (and blue).    I like the looks of Bailly, but he is young and makes rash decisions, but Bailly should benefit from playing a year in the Premier and we finally got rid of the African Cup of Nations in January, so his seasons won't be split up anymore.  Lindelof seems to be having a little trouble adjusting to United and I think it will take awhile for him to find his feet in the Premier.  However, Lindelof showed at Benfica and with Sweden that he has the talent and Mourinho will bring him along slowly like he did last year with Mkhitaryan.  

I think they can grow into a pretty good centre back pairing, but it will take a lot of games before they become familiar enough with each other before that happens.  Good CB pairings don't happen over night, so I would hold off on saying they are one of the best until they play at least game together in the Premier.  

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Some people wear red tinted sunglasses (and blue).    I like the looks of Bailly, but he is young and makes rash decisions, but Bailly should benefit from playing a year in the Premier and we finally got rid of the African Cup of Nations in January, so his seasons won't be split up anymore.  Lindelof seems to be having a little trouble adjusting to United and I think it will take awhile for him to find his feet in the Premier.  However, Lindelof showed at Benfica and with Sweden that he has the talent and Mourinho will bring him along slowly like he did last year with Mkhitaryan.  

I think they can grow into a pretty good centre back pairing, but it will take a lot of games before they become familiar enough with each other before that happens.  Good CB pairings don't happen over night, so I would hold off on saying they are one of the best until they play at least game together in the Premier.  

Baily is a Penalty decision or sending off about to happen.

Lindelof is out of his depth for now. That does not rule him out for good, but this league is not one where you learn on the job if you are at a top club.

Bringing along players slowly strengthens my belief you have not improved as much as your former players will have us believe.  :ay:

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Baily is a Penalty decision or sending off about to happen.

Lindelof is out of his depth for now. That does not rule him out for good, but this league is not one where you learn on the job if you are at a top club.

Bringing along players slowly strengthens my belief you have not improved as much as your former players will have us believe.  :ay:

I agree about the penalty or red card risk with Bailly.  He is really inexperience and raw, he only played 30 odd games of first team football before he came to United.  However, he has all the tools, he is big, strong and fast and his defending can be very good, when he gets it right.  I think they can rid him of his rashness and make a good defender out of him.  At least I hope so.   To me CB is the hardest position to learn, it takes time to develop a really good one and they are becoming harder to find.

United have improved a lot since Moyes and LVG, (because we were really bad then), but they have not improved as much as people are saying.  We are not title contenders as of yet and the games against Barcelona and Real showed how far we are behind the top teams in the Champions League.  But we are getting better, just a lot slower than most of us would like.

Haven't seen much of Matic before now but after Real Madrid and now West Ham, he's really good, having Mata in the team brings more dimension to our attack but Herrera is way too good to be sitting on the bench. The double pivot with Mkhy, Rash and Mata roaming in front of Pogba and Matic looks really good.

• Subscriber
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

other than matic? :34_rolling_eyes: 

lewandoski after facing Lindelof:

"I did not know them in detail, but I can say that they were one of the best centre-back duos I’ve faced in the last year.”

him and bailly and by far the best centre-back duo, thank god they didnt sign the overpriced Keane. 

How did I miss this gem xD

Jan.jpg

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Lukaku: "I'm really privileged to play for the biggest club in the world. I want to keep working hard and deliver more than I'm doing now."

DHH892lVYAA-_gS.jpg

I don't have anything against Lukaku like many of our fans seem to but this is absolutely typical of him, deliver for two games, a lost Super Cup final and a game against West Ham, and label himself an instant success.

I'm not saying he won't do it consistently but he should keep the arrogant remarks to himself until he does. Most people would at least pretend to be humble and say "yes I'm delighted to get off to a good start today but it's one game and there's plenty more work to do" but that's just not Rom.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

United are considering a move for Monaco's Thomas Lemar after failing to sign Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo. [dc]

Official: Jose Mourinho has been shortlisted for FIFA Coach of the Year 2017.

Official: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been shortlisted for FIFA Player of the Year 2017.

Jesus Christ

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bozziovai said:

up to when Rashford scored on the 70th minute i was thinking .. oh fack, this is deja vu, the ball's not going in again .... my EPL team has won.   now focus for tomorrow's Madrid match :) 

HalaGGMU brother

• Upvote 1