talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

West Ham have apparently snapped up Manchester United wonder kid Jesse Lingard on loan.

Ole said this morning that nothing has been settled yet, Lingard's still at United.  But there's still a little time left in the window yet.

Lingard needs to go out on loan to see if he can get back to where he was.  He's not playing at United and I can't see him getting much playing time here at the moment.

I have heard that Lingard has been dealing with serious family issues regarding his mom and Lingard's had to look after his younger siblings while his mom is getting treatment in London.  The loan to West Ham gets the whole family in London and hopefully Lingard can play himself back into form.  

Well we know how it would be treated if it were certain other clubs. Manchester United have the most racist arrests every season, players using racist language and fans racially abusing their own players.

I don’t actually believe Manchester United are any better or worse than other but the way they are held up is a joke. Always get treated as if it’s a few bad eggs, all other clubs are condemned for the actions of a minority. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

8 hours ago, ToonFan said:

I'm not sure a segment of football fans being racist fuckwits is even news any more. It's just a given. 

What a horrific person you are. Just openly accepting it. I'm guessing you are lucky enough to have never experienced it, otherwise you might say something so incredibly stupid and insensitive.

The problem with football is that unlike Rugby, Cricket etc it is the most inclusive sport in the country. You can barely have a pot to piss in or you can have a 4 bed in Sussex and a holiday home in Cornwall, it's just open to everybody. And that's why these incidents happen so often because football holds a magnifying glass over society. It's an issue within the game and the institutions involved need to do all they can to eradicate it, but the simple fact is that if you are seeing sexism, racism, homophobia in football, then it's highlighting a wider issue within society and really it should be an alarm bell for government to dismantle. Unfortunately the current government are made up by people who literally deny the existence of systemic racism, and the previous opposition quite literally, alongside our current government, defined the words systemic racism, when he was the head of a political institution that allowed and encouraged anti-semitism.

Football can only do so much and I think we are going round in circles expecting tangible change within society when within the last 4 or 5 years society has become worse for it, especially after Brexit, the persistent racism used within it's campaigning and by large chunks of it's supporters. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd put Wan-Bissaka in the good category.

Telles hasn't played enough to be in either. Shaw's upped his game since having decent competition though by looks of it. 

I always wonder about players upping their game when competition is bought in, especially to this extent. Dead giveaway of a poor attitude, and I think they're liable to return to their "base" level once they feel safe again

Agree on Wan-Bissaka. He's wildly inconsistent, veering between rock and liability, often in the same game, but averages out to a good player for me

Edited by Burning Gold

On 02/01/2021 at 06:48, Michael said:

It's interesting to note that Manchester United have won more Premier League matches than any other side so far this season. Being joint top of the table and level on points with Liverpool, suggests that they could perhaps have their best season in years. They've certainly had a good first half of the season, but it remains to be seen if they can keep their form up until the end of the season. But the situation looks promising for them as we enter the new year. Having said that, Liverpool are still my favourites to win the title.

Interesting, do you still stand by these comments? :35_thinking:

On 12/02/2021 at 13:08, Stan said:

I'd put Wan-Bissaka in the good category.

Telles hasn't played enough to be in either. Shaw's upped his game since having decent competition though by looks of it. 

Yeah I wouldn’t put Wan Bissaka down as a bad signing per se, but I feel like his performances have been up and down and United potentially, at this point in time, have the lesser right back out of him, TAA and James.

14 hours ago, Danny said:

Yeah I wouldn’t put Wan Bissaka down as a bad signing per se, but I feel like his performances have been up and down and United potentially, at this point in time, have the lesser right back out of him, TAA and James.

I wouldn't say he's been a lesser right than James just yet AWB has had some brilliant performances in some big games, TAA is a different kettle of fish all together, he may have fell away this season but last season alone made up for at least three seasons worth assists for a full back!

Cancelo is the one I'd have say has impressed me the most, I didn't realise how good he was until this season, he's an amazing skillset for a full back. 

• Subscriber

Manchester United: Mason Greenwood signs two-year extension to 2025

Striker Mason Greenwood has extended his contract with Manchester United until June 2025, with the option of a further year.

The 19-year-old, who made his senior debut for England last September, was already under contract until June 2023.

Greenwood is a product of United's youth academy and has been with the club since the age of seven.

He has scored four goals in 18 starts this season, giving him a total of 21 goals in 82 games for the Red Devils.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer handed Greenwood his first-team debut in March 2019, at the age of 17 years and 156 days.

The Bradford-born youngster had 17 goals in all competitions during the 2019-20 season.

Greenwood made his international debut along with Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden during England's 1-0 Nations League win over Iceland last September, but both then had to leave the squad after a breach of coronavirus quarantine guidelines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56084543

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Devil said:

Good news that he'd had a tough start to the season but the last few weeks he's been one of our better players and I can't for the life of me understand why Ole picked Martial ahead of him against West Brom. 

Ditto, Martial has been a useless prick for a while now and young Greenwood needs a good run in the first team, fuck Martial. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Good news that, he'd had a tough start to the season but the last few weeks he's been one of our better players and I can't for the life of me understand why Ole picked Martial ahead of him against West Brom. 

Ole has his favourites. Tony looked like he could take on the world last year, and now, he’s simply fallen off a cliff. I’ve said it for a while, but for me Martial is basically Nani. Looks absolutely world class for a game or two then goes missing for 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ole has his favourites. Tony looked like he could take on the world last year, and now, he’s simply fallen off a cliff. I’ve said it for a while, but for me Martial is basically Nani. Looks absolutely world class for a game or two then goes missing for 6 months.

I've always maintained Martial strikes as one of these lads that doesn't really care about the game, it's a job to him, he's good at it and that's enough for him. 

These are the players that frustrate me so much and these are the players Sir Alex didn't have anything to do. The kid can sulk all day long for me but his place is now on the bench and if he's not happy I'd happily part company in the summer. 

Maybe use him as bait to get Haaland or Sancho.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've always maintained Martial strikes as one of these lads that doesn't really care about the game, it's a job to him, he's good at it and that's enough for him. 

These are the players that frustrate me so much and these are the players Sir Alex didn't have anything to do. The kid can sulk all day long for me but his place is now on the bench and if he's not happy I'd happily part company in the summer. 

Maybe use him as bait to get Haaland or Sancho.

Berbatov used to annoy me, play 3 good games on the trot then disappear for the next 3 games but as one of our Spurs member @Storts pointed out Berba was 10 times better than Martial or words to that effect and I have to agree with that, Martial looks like he could not give a shit and walks around the pitch with his hands on his hips and seems to be in a daydream.  

6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Berbatov used to annoy me, play 3 good games on the trot then disappear for the next 3 games but as one of our Spurs member @Storts pointed out Berba was 10 times better than Martial or words to that effect and I have to agree with that, Martial looks like he could not give a shit and walks around the pitch with his hands on his hips and seems to be in a daydream.  

Berbatov was an amazing footballer, he had absolute world class ability but lets not forget about 70% of his time at United he was a bit of a let down.

Maybe it was the way he wanted to play the game but he did seem a bit of a square peg in a round hole at times and I do wonder if he loved being the king of a small pound rather then just another one of the elite. 

Darren Bent said at Spurs he wouldn't mix with the other players, he'd eat alone, sit alone on the coach and was basically a loner his whole time there but then he'd heard at United the refused to let him be a loner and he wasn't allowed to be sat on his own at breakfast and lunch. Maybe that's why United were winning stuff and Spurs weren't I suppose.