• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

This made me laugh from Garth Crooks concerning you know who  xD

Garth Crooks' team of the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55209280

Midfielders - Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Tottenham), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)

Paul Pogba: I felt somewhat compelled to put Paul Pogba in my TOTW on the basis that if I had left him out readers would have said that I have a problem with him.

Well, that's because I do. The France international is irritating beyond belief. For an hour his performance was awful and then, out of nothing, he produces the most wonderful finish.

I would have brought him and Greenwood off at half-time - which rather explains why I'm not the manager of Manchester United. After a dismal first half, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer showed calmness and courage when it seemed all around him were in a mild state of panic. Solskjaer certainly believes in this group of players.

21 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Raiola always shoots his mouth off trying to disrupt the team just before a big game.  Start Pogba , hope he has his best game at United, raises his price than sell him.

Raiola’s an agent, he’s been disruptive before a big game because he’s been instructed to get his player out of there.

I think at this stage of his United career, you’re not going to inflate Pogba’s price off a good match or two. Any recent form isn’t going to wipe anyone’s memories of how disinterested he’s been at United for the past few years.

With his poor attitude and performances on the pitch, you can see why Mourinho called him a cancer.

United have given him more than enough chances. He’s not repaid the faith shown in him. They probably should have sold him in the summer and just taken whatever the loss would have been. But they need to sell him ASAP, I think having a player with his attitude in the squad is just harmful to getting a side with a winning mentality. A bit like Sakho with us.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Has he ever really adjusted to the pace of the league? Seems like the major criticism is that he lingers far too long on the ball. 

Pogba Ronaldo swap doing the rounds. 

Is Pogba worth that much to Juventus when they have a proven game-changer in Ronaldo? 

On 09/12/2020 at 06:19, Mel81x said:

Is Pogba worth that much to Juventus when they have a proven game-changer in Ronaldo? 

I don't think so. With Rabiot and Ramsey finally settled and producing, and also with the arrivals of McKennie and Arthur, Juventus has depth at the midfield position. 

Pogba would improve Juventus but not at the cost of Ronaldo. Dybala should be the one included in a deal.

Juventus is still very dependent on Ronaldo. Despite Morata having improved their attack, the likes of Dybala, Kulusevski, Chiesa and Bernardeschi are not giving Juventus enough at the moment. 

I think the team that needs Pogba the most though is PSG. They need an addition to their midfield in the winter If they are to make another deep run on Campions League. 

• Upvote 1

I doubt Ronaldo will go to Man United. He's not stupid and knew what he was doing when leaving Madrid. Juventus are guaranteed to win their league every year and old players seem to thrive and score alot of goals there. Ibra has scored the same amount out there as a 40 year old this season in 8 games as he did in a full season in Spain. Immobile smashed 40 in last season, but couldn't buy a goal in Spain, or even Germany. It makes no sense for an older player to then move to a significantly tougher league at aged 36, to a club who are miles off winning the trophy. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Regardless if Ole stays or goes. Phelan and Carrick need to be told to fuck off. Bring in an top assistant and top first team coach.

Think Carrick is fantastic if I’m honest. He’s the calming influence you need around a team. He’ll make a top manager some day.

Roy Keane: "My mindset when I was at the club was that I always had to play.

"Listen, squad rotation is great and all that but don't be rotating me. I've got to play in the team 'Chop and change some other lads, Gary and one or two others but leave me to it..

Gary Neville: "I was a stalwart at right-back I'll have you know...''

Keane: "You were the only right-back at the club, we were stuck with you!'" 

xD

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2020 at 11:26, Carnivore Chris said:

I doubt Ronaldo will go to Man United. He's not stupid and knew what he was doing when leaving Madrid. Juventus are guaranteed to win their league every year and old players seem to thrive and score alot of goals there. Ibra has scored the same amount out there as a 40 year old this season in 8 games as he did in a full season in Spain. Immobile smashed 40 in last season, but couldn't buy a goal in Spain, or even Germany. It makes no sense for an older player to then move to a significantly tougher league at aged 36, to a club who are miles off winning the trophy. 

I'm sure Ronaldo is looking at the likes of Bamford, Callum Wilson and Calvert-Lewin, and wondering how he'd compete with them...

• Haha 1

It's interesting to note that Manchester United have won more Premier League matches than any other side so far this season. Being joint top of the table and level on points with Liverpool, suggests that they could perhaps have their best season in years. They've certainly had a good first half of the season, but it remains to be seen if they can keep their form up until the end of the season. But the situation looks promising for them as we enter the new year. Having said that, Liverpool are still my favourites to win the title.