talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I think that is a Zlatan story.

No it was Messi. Was before the 2nd leg against Arsenal in 2010. Was pissed Messi was drinking Coke the night before and then he went on and bagged 4 against them. 

Needless to say Pep shut his mouth after that. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No it was Messi. Was before the 2nd leg against Arsenal in 2010. Was pissed Messi was drinking Coke the night before and then he went on and bagged 4 against them. 

He would have scored 6 if it wasn't for the coke :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No, I mean it was a story from Zlatan, as in he told it.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Toony said:

Brighton will click I think, made some good signings and have had two very tough games to start. Knockaert and these two new lads still to come in.

We aren't signing anyone else, given up hope. Gone quiet and not even any whispers of any of the deadwood being moved on either.

I'm not convinced they will. I know it's easy to say after we've just beaten them but they were so poor, and most worryingly of all, negative against us - not even a modicum of ambition even at 2 down. We won't have an easier game all season (unless Stoke do their usual transform into a non-league level side act here)

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm not convinced they will. I know it's easy to say after we've just beaten them but they were so poor, and most worryingly of all, negative against us - not even a modicum of ambition even at 2 down. We won't have an easier game all season (unless Stoke do their usual transform into a non-league level side act here)

They had no pace though, they need that to play on the counter. Jamie Murphy & Glenn Murray aren't Premier League players anymore, get the three I mentioned on the field and I reckon they'll look a different side going forward.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

You also said words to the effect of: "Crystal Palace must be the worst Premier League squad in history" about two games in to our first season after promotion so maybe you should try not getting carried away so early in to the season.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Liverpool appear to be closing-in on another signing after reaching a verbal agreement with Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic over a move to Anfield this summer.

Brilliant signing if you pull it off. He isn't as good as Keita, but he is very good and not valued sufficiently by Real Madrid. Infact for many he's been in the top three players in recent games and has never had a bad game for the club when called upon.

I can see him being brilliant for you guys. 

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

never had a bad game?  you sure about that?

Which bad game has he had?

The general consensus in the main Madrid based media (MARCA and AS) has always been that he has played well and been very dynamic. I would have him at Arsenal and I'll swap him for Xhaka. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Which bad game has he had?

The general consensus in the main Madrid based media (MARCA and AS) has always been that he has played well and been very dynamic. I would have him at Arsenal and I'll swap him for Xhaka. 

Against Barca in the 3-1 defeat at the Bernabeu. Looked lost. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

You also said words to the effect of: "Crystal Palace must be the worst Premier League squad in history" about two games in to our first season after promotion so maybe you should try not getting carried away so early in to the season.

There's literally no way I've said that when one of our local rivals are comfortably the worst there'll ever be.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Storts said:

Won the league more recently than Manchester United

now we'll just wait for a video of United beating us 4-1 and 3-0 last season which has no relevance to the discussion xD 

• Subscriber

We've supposedly made a bid of £28m for Jimenez from Benfica but they want £46m... 

We were linked with this guy earlier in the window, I remember looking up his goalscoring record and it looked pretty poor. Don't know much else about him admittedly but doesn't look a brilliant move if true.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because we only have Alonso as a natural left back? 

any youngsters on loan that could have filled the void?  Baba Rahman? Todd Kane (always seen him on the right, not sure about LB), Da Silva?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

any youngsters on loan that could have filled the void?  Baba Rahman? Todd Kane (always seen him on the right, not sure about LB), Da Silva?

Da Silva is on loan at Charlton and Kane is out on his 107th loan for some god forsaken team. We don't integrate youngsters here. 

Rahman is out with an ACL injury so we have our hands tied. 

Archived