talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Homeless Willies Dick Finds a Home (in his new flat mate)

football forum

I'm talking about this to a few of my friends, but it only happened this afternoon and it's still very fresh. 

For those who don't know I left home in February 2018. Moved in with a satellite friend of mine, and have lived in an apartment with him for the last 3 years. While he's a weird dude, we are both very good at staying out of each others way and being considerate housemates, even if we don't speak a lot. 

Today he randomly asked me to start looking elsewhere. There's been no driver behind this, hes not seeing anyone or anything like that, no argument. He just randomly up and went "I need to live alone"
I have no mum and dad to go home to, just started full time uni and work 12 hours a week, which was enough for my rent and living here, but fuck me, life's thrown me a curve ball... 

This was my home. Not just some place. 

• Wow 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Sorry to hear mate.

Does he have the right to demand you leave?

Is your current rental arrangement much better than what you think you could get now via a new sub lease on the open market?

Can you work to convince him to change his mind? 

Can you explain your situation, and negotiate some flexibility, put a generous timeframe around the move out date, etc?

• Subscriber

Life can be a disaster but just move on Willy boy, you are young, enjoy life while you can, I can remember coming back to the UK when I was 23 from Australia and staying with my 2 big sisters and a nut case of a brother-in-law, a fair dinkum Aussie.

After about 3 months of living with them and going through 3 jobs, I was walking past an army recruiting shop, I stood there looking in the window and seeing some army guy sitting there, I scratched my head then said to myself "Fuck it...why not..." walked in and after 30 minutes of chatter with the army guy, I paid my queen's shilling and walked out as an army man and waiting for information in the post to attend the army barracks centre in Woolich for 5 months basic training. 

Walking back in the house and saying to my 2 big sisters and the nut-case of a brother-in-law "I've just joined the army..." the look on their faces was priceless, mouths dropped, a real classic to remember in my life xD

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Definitely lurked on the forum and seen what you get up to on here and your past recollections i.e. ashes-eating, haunted house etc...

In all seriousness, hope you can find somewhere sharpish! Is there any kind of 'grace' period for you to have or is it literally 'get out today or else' situation?

No idea what the rental housing situation is like in Australia but are you able to source help in finding your own place and getting help with the rent costs there?

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

To answer all questions. No hard time limit, he at least understands I can't magic away.
Yes, he can ask me to leave, he owns the place, I'm his tenant. Have fun with that mortgage though bro 
No chance he'll change his mind. He's an enormously selfish guy 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Definitely lurked on the forum and seen what you get up to on here and your past recollections i.e. ashes-eating, haunted house etc...

In all seriousness, hope you can find somewhere sharpish! Is there any kind of 'grace' period for you to have or is it literally 'get out today or else' situation?

No idea what the rental housing situation is like in Australia but are you able to source help in finding your own place and getting help with the rent costs there?

xD Keep up Stan... 

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah, I can't personally no. 

I'm reaching out to some people and we shall see what the future holds.

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Does your Uni offer any kind of student accommodation? 

Yes. Last resort.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Ever consider online uni, whilst working full time to afford rent and live by yourself?

I'm old man. I want my degree ASAP. Also there's certain subjects I have to do on campus. Can't handle cadavers online xD

• Upvote 1

Sucks mate. See if there’s any people looking for roomies on gumtree or something - if other options don’t work out. 

id imagine student accommodation isn’t thst cheap though? I looked into it here once and it wasn’t 

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Sucks mate. See if there’s any people looking for roomies on gumtree or something - if other options don’t work out. 

id imagine student accommodation isn’t thst cheap though? I looked into it here once and it wasn’t 

Hopefully I won't have to find out