talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 2-4 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd May, 2021

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

How Leicester have done this again is actually incredible. They'll be delighted about the FA Cup but the two aren't mutually exclusive. An absolute howler from them to end up outside of the top four.

• Subscriber

Hahahahahah COYS.

Never like helping Chelsea out, although it’s very Spursy to do so, but honestly it’s satisfying to watch Leicester bottle it and for us to stop them getting CL. Small victories. Their fans love nothing more than beating Tottenham, singing about us etc, so honestly very glad to do this today. Been an absolutely miserable season but you take what you can get. 

Also finishing above the scum again, mainly because you just know they all had to hastily delete all tweets in their drafts about North London being red etc 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol Spurs doing Chelsea a favour & Rodgers maintaining his reputation as a bottler despite winning something this season.

Hard to take for both sets of fans xD

Not sure a manager has ever been more suited to us than Rodgers.

Great football and a massive bottle job

#WelcomeBrendan

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Remember when Tottenham came fourth and then Chelsea won the CL knocking Tottenham out of the CL qualification spot? Tottenham have helped Chelsea out again. @Storts

You’re welcome mate x

• Subscriber
On 20/05/2021 at 18:01, Dan said:

Just win this and hope for a favour from Palace or Villa.

Got it.

Couldn't hold our end of the bargain.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

This is disappointing, still pinching above their weight competing with Chelsea and Liverpool but you’d of hoped they could have done a job today 

The biggest problem in my opinion is that we've by the barest of margins failed to take advantage of a pretty generous situation, twice.

Last season you had Man Utd awful for large parts but did pick up - but they still didn't pick up a points total that should've been able to overthrow us from the position we were in.

This season, Liverpool did virtually a carbon copy.

Add in that Chelsea were nothing special for most of the last two seasons as well.

To get two chances like that is rare. To spurn them both in that matter is frankly embarrassing no matter who you are. You've got to see it through. We have failed to do so twice.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

How Leicester have done this again is actually incredible. They'll be delighted about the FA Cup but the two aren't mutually exclusive. An absolute howler from them to end up outside of the top four.

Yep. 100% it's a good season on the whole, the second best of my lifetime and we picked up the missing piece of the puzzle in that FA Cup, so it's 100% a success.

But this thing of tailing off at the end is going to stick now and people should not bury their heads in the sand. That's a real problem. This final day was even more of a disaster than last year. I really did think we had it today after going into the day without a great deal of optimism.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The people have spoken.

The answer to this before, and after, should be the FA Cup. But it didn't have to be one or the other.

Sad that Leicester finish a successful season disappointed. 

What I will say is you may get a seasons loyalty out of Fofana and Tieliemans. Miss out on the big cup again and I suspect they will want to move on. 

46 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The people have spoken.

They should've had both and top four means more money but I can tell you from experience, finishing top four isn't going to be remembered a year later.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 2-4 Tottenham - Sunday 23rd May, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived