talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 2-0 Arsenal - Friday 13th August, 2021

football forum

Throwing this out there, if Aubamayang got a long term injury this Arsenal side could possibly be dragged into a relegation battle.

They just dont seem to have any quality.

I was gobsmacked to see Chambers not only still at Arsenal but starting.

Mental how far they've fallen.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

The thing is, is anyone that surprised by this result? A newly promoted side who play good football and use their strengths to their advantage against a side with a culture of having a soft underbelly, it was all too predictable which really sums up Arsenal as a club. 

Nope.

You love to see it.

Take away the Arsenal badge and that's a team who's entering a nailed on relegation scrap. They just look totally shite and as I put on Twitter, it's not as though they can just sack Arteta and make things better - their squad is just so poor.

Chelsea & City next, 0 points and bottom as the transfer window closes.

Fair play to Brentford, they deserved the win but I don't think this result can really be used to determine how well they'll do.

Real story here is how shit we were. This team hasn't played that often together but you'd still expect better than what we saw. Don't even have an issue with any specific player as Arteta really doesn't know what he's doing. Maybe he'll become a good manager in the future but at the moment he's an assistant manager at best. The club need to snap out of this idea that Arteta is the guy.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Take away the Arsenal badge and that's a team who's entering a nailed on relegation scrap. They just look totally shite and as I put on Twitter, it's not as though they can just sack Arteta and make things better - their squad is just so poor.

A half decent manager will be able to do much better in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Just remember... Arsenal were one of the Super League clubs. They thought they were better than this.

No we didn't. The teams that were the driving force behind the Super League just wanted teams with big fan bases to join and the board thought we hit the lottery.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

I think a manager with more experience could do a better job than Arteta. I said it when he joined Arsenal, I think he's over his head and it would be a hard job for any manager. And that's all still true.

But Arteta's got no coherent playstyle for Arsenal and they've got no identity. They've got the soft underbelly they've had for... a decade now... but that didn't stop him last year from setting up his Arsenal side last year like a poor-man's Simeone Atletico Madrid playing in the CL... just with a fraction of the defensive ability and pretty much none of the character found in that Atletico side. Which is also a bit fucking weird because he was made out to be some sort of Pep prodigy... but his brand of football is a million miles away from Pep's.

Arsenal's squad isn't great, but I think it's better on paper than it's been performing over the last few years. I think he's out of his depth entirely and I doubt Arsenal look any better in the long term until they get rid of him.

But I also think Edu needs to be booted out of the club, he's an awful DoF tbh and Arsenal's recruitment has been wasteful and shite. Lotta problems at Arsenal that need addressing, there's no easy fix for them.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

No we didn't. The teams that were the driving force behind the Super League just wanted teams with big fan bases to join and the board thought we hit the lottery.

I think all the UK clubs with US owners, Arsenal included, the real driving force from the UK clubs - alongside Perez from Real Madrid. It was guaranteed money for the "founding clubs" regardless of how ambitious (or unambitious) they are - which for owners like FSG, the Glazers, or Stan Kroenke is more in line with what they're used to in US sports. Giving them a financial advantage to the smaller clubs in the country, to allow them to better keep their "dominance" as our league's TV deal structure has given smaller clubs more resources to grow and become competitive.

Like a fish to water.

Arsenal terrible first half, decent second but could not break our defence down. Desperately need an in form Auba.

One thing you can take away from watching Arsenal live, is they got truly swindled over Pepe.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Brentford Fans belting out 'Hey Jude' is fantastic. 

It’s been a long, long, long time coming.

15 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Fair play to Brentford, they deserved the win but I don't think this result can really be used to determine how well they'll do.

I love the knee jerk reactions at the start of a season :4_joy: ..i expect us to start poorly too

• Subscriber

Nobody should be surprised by this result. Wish I'd put money on it.

I see so much of Everton in Arsenal. Disjointed team with no direction or joined up thinking that have a certain minimum level of attainment just on account of how much money they have. Nobody from the club's owners down to the under 7s coach has any idea what steps the club have laid out to get where they want to be over the next 3, 5, 10 years and it shows every time they take to the pitch.

It's tempting to call for Arteta's head and it's probably true that he doesn't have the experience or impetus to take any sort of leading role in restoring Arsenal to where they need to be but at the same time, he's surrounded by such dysfunction and mediocrity I think it's hard to even tell whether he's actually a decent coach or not.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Man literally threw the armband and mocked the fans and he is still their captain 

Aubameyang is the captain. But Xhaka should definitely still be the captain. Him telling our fans to "fuck off" was fair. I'm always in favour of players responding to abuse from pricks and that's whether it's our fans or not.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Aubameyang is the captain. But Xhaka should definitely still be the captain. Him telling our fans to "fuck off" was fair. I'm always in favour of players responding to abuse from pricks and that's whether it's our fans or not.

Weren’t they booing him because he was walking, not running off when you were down a goal?

• Administrator

Very happy for the Brentford fans to witness that in the stadium. They certainly made it sound loud and created that atmosphere all game. No doubt helps the players in that situation. Will see how it goes for them when it gets a bit tougher as the season goes on but can't fault them with how they backed their team on what was a milestone occasion. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived