talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd August, 2021

football forum

I thought at 0-2 after 35 minutes that Arsenal were in for a mauling and that it stayed that way until the end was fairly creditable for Arsenal. City next week and who can predict a team that loses 1-0 one week then wins 5-0 the next? Arsenal just might get something from it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we've learned is that Chelsea are as good as Brentford. Was expecting a bigger battering.

If we had Gabriel, White, Partey, Odegaard, and Aubameyang or Lacazette starting, we probably would've won this... maybe not but I do think it's funny how people are ignoring the circumstances just to feed the narrative. The squad isn't the big issue.

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

What we've learned is that Chelsea are as good as Brentford. Was expecting a bigger battering.

If we had Gabriel, White, Partey, Odegaard, and Aubameyang or Lacazette starting, we probably would've won this... maybe not but I do think it's funny how people are ignoring the circumstances just to feed the narrative. The squad isn't the big issue.

Has Partey had a good game for Arsenal?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Has Partey had a good game for Arsenal?

Hasn't really had a bad one. Been mostly injured but when he's played, he hasn't disappointed.

The ignorant media narrative that we have no players, no one ever plays well, and this is apparently out strongest team is a load of a shit.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Hasn't really had a bad one. Been mostly injured but when he's played, he hasn't disappointed.

The ignorant media narrative that we have no players, no one ever plays well, and this is apparently out strongest team is a load of a shit.

Think it's mostly because almost all of Arsenal's squad are just entirely forgettable as footballers.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Think it's mostly because almost all of Arsenal's squad are just entirely forgettable as footballers.

Regardless of how forgettable people think they are, I'd expect those that cover the sport for a job to actually know what's going on. Not even talking about TV pundits, they're a lost cause. Football journalists however should be doing better. You get more insightful and correct reasons as to why we suck from football related YouTube channels. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not seen anyone at all say this is your strongest team. So that's bollocks.

Any criticism in here is palmed off as 'ignorant media narrative'. Also bollocks.

It can't be a coincidence that only Arsenal fans think they have something worth talking about when it comes to their team. When in reality, it's nothing special.

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Arteta first to be sacked? 

Not beating Brentford was disappointing but results against Chelsea and Man City aren't really going to come into it. Especially with key players out. Nothing is likely to happen until he's actually had time with the squad this season. December would be the earliest I could see it.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not seen anyone at all say this is your strongest team. So that's bollocks.

Any criticism in here is palmed off as 'ignorant media narrative'. Also bollocks.

It can't be a coincidence that only Arsenal fans think they have something worth talking about when it comes to their team. When in reality, it's nothing special.

No one said it's special but people are saying the players aren't in the squad based on the first two games. One of which was against Chelsea. I'd definitely say people are either going along with media narrative or just independently ignorant.

And no it's not coincidence that Arsenal fans think it's more down to the manager than the squad. Maybe it's because they know more about the team they support than people getting information about the team from idiots punditing on TV. The worst source for information.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

And no it's not coincidence that Arsenal fans think it's more down to the manager than the squad. Maybe it's because they know more about the team they support than people getting information about the team from idiots punditing on TV. The worst source for information.

Or they could just watch the same matches you do and be totally uninspired about what they see, even if you do have your better players playing? 

How many times last season did you lose/draw a game that you'd have expected to win because of seriously underwhelming performances?

It goes back to the point that @Lucas was making - there's little backbone or spine in the team any more. 

6 minutes ago, shut up said:

Bellerin, White, Gabriel, Partey, Odegaard, Auba and Lacazette didn't start today. That's arguably 7 first team players there that would improve the first XI 

I don't think many teams would look great against Chelsea with 7 first team players missing.

Cash, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Buendia, Bailey and Ings shouldn't sound at least comparable.. from what I'm led to believe. 😄

I think you do have a point though, most sides would be braced for a 5 or 6 annihilation.

Or a manager grumbling on about having to go to work twice a week.

7 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Cash, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Buendia, Bailey and Ings shouldn't sound at least comparable.. from what I'm led to believe. 😄

They aren't comparable. Aston Villa benefit from being a small team that are better than where people would traditionally have them. The opposite to us. They're better than their name suggests so everyone there must be amazing. We're worse so everyone must be terrible.

Well 2 out of 2 so far and Lukaku getting one is a good start...

Was hoping for the right result but as others already pointed out it's Arsenal and they have this habit of turning up against us so just glad we dodged that banana skin for a change.. Thought we played really well in the first half and fairly well in the second but couldn't add anything more.. Interesting reading some of the comments on here about us.. I think we have more than a decent squad of players which will hopefully keep us in the title/trophy hunt this season.. 

Won't get carried away, we have had a decent couple of games to start with and got the results we could have expected given the opposition but there are tougher ones due with Liverpool away, Tottenham away then City at home etc.. then we might have a better idea of how much they want to fight for things this season... Kind of glad we are getting some of these tougher fixtures out of the way early on because if we don't get the results we would like we then have a slightly less difficult run to try and recover and gain any lost ground but I am getting ahead of myself.. 

Thought Mount was a bit off his game today.. always grafting but not quite as sharp as he has been but then it's been a long summer for some of the players.. Also thought we are still making a few naff decisions up front at times where we should/could be releasing the ball earlier and not just snatching at shots on goal, cooler heads needed sometimes but then I am nit picking I suppose.. Once they get used to Lukaku I hope that sorts itself out... 

Not sure where I would place Arsenal at the moment, they looked clueless against Brentford but looked ok on the odd occasion against us but they just couldn't keep it up.. Going to be a long season for them I reckon, as things stand now they are a mid to lower table side that could end up flirting with the relegation zone and unless they can get a run of easy games where they can get a few points on the board I don't even see them being close to finishing near the top ten... Strange that their new signing Odegaard at the tender age of 22 has already had to retire from all European competitions by signing for Arsenal... A sacrifice he was obviously willing to make... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

He was terrible against us last season 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived