talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood

• Administrator

Apparently Man Utd built up a list of pundits, journalists and charities and categorised them as 'supportive', 'open-minded' and 'hostile'. 

Doemstic abuse charities were listed in the report. What category were they given, I hear you ask? They were given the cage category of 'hostile'. I stress apparently, but if this is true, it's beyond belief. 

Man Utd:

are-we-the-baddies-bad.gif

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently Man Utd built up a list of pundits, journalists and charities and categorised them as 'supportive', 'open-minded' and 'hostile'. 

Doemstic abuse charities were listed in the report. What category were they given, I hear you ask? They were given the cage category of 'hostile'. I stress apparently, but if this is true, it's beyond belief. 

Man Utd:

are-we-the-baddies-bad.gif

The Athletic's reporting at least demonstrates they've got a source at Man Utd who is very much against the idea of Greenwood coming back.

But as someone who's known this the entirety of my life: yes, Man Utd, you are the baddies. Always have been.

• Administrator

Man Utd ultimately come to the right decision but they don't deserve any credit for it. It appears they've only done so because of the huge backlash they faced last week, and they were seriously considering reintegrating him back into their team.

Questions still need to be asked of them and their senior hierarchy. 

"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for."

What are these clowns smoking there?

The victim and her father are notoriously known for having this bizarre obsession with Greenwood, and it isn't in the least bit surprising that after enough time has past the family has worked together to provide an alternative explanation to an already damning video/audio record. 

The most damning thing of it all is that a man, who apparently was falsely accuses of rape and sexual assault, is going back to his accuser 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The most damning thing of it all is that a man, who apparently was falsely accuses of rape and sexual assault, is going back to his accuser 

Why is that so damning? It's about the control and manipulation he might crave, no?

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The victim and her father are notoriously known for having this bizarre obsession with Greenwood,

Bizarre obsession, or fear?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why is that so damning? It's about the control and manipulation he might crave, no?

If you for example were falsely accused of rape and sexual assault, would you really go back to your accuser after she lied then dropped the charges? I sure wouldn't. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Weren't there reports that came out last year or whenever this incident took place that the victim's father had a likeness for Greenwood? Even going as far as defending him after he hit his daughter?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I can understand that with the victim in terms of fear and Greenwood wanting to be controlling, but I'm struggling with the father part in all honesty (if what was said is true as @Cicero mentioned).

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If you for example were falsely accused of rape and sexual assault, would you really go back to your accuser after she lied then dropped the charges? I sure wouldn't

Weren't there reports that came out last year or whenever this incident took place that the victim's father had a likeness for Greenwood? Even going as far as defending him after he hit his daughter?

You wouldn't because you're a sane normal human being (hopefully!). 

But Greenwood, as an abuser, would find it difficult to lose the control over her and perhaps that's what is keeping him in the relationship, to maintain that control over her... 

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I can understand that with the victim in terms of fear and Greenwood wanting to be controlling, but I'm struggling with the father part in all honesty (if what was said is true as @Cicero mentioned).

Yeah I bolded the victim part specifically as I also recall hearing the father's obsession, allegedly. 

Yeah it was weird.

I remember reading her father was so openly defending Greenwood when the news first broke (despite there being legitimate evidence of Greenwood laying a hand on his own daughter) then after some people dug around there were mentions of her father and the victim showing an obsession with Greenwood and him being a successful United youth product and them being set for life. Could be widely off the mark here but these bit points have stuck with me. 

Man Utd look absolutely terrible from this. Even that statement is fucking weird. Then continuing to support him is ridiculous, he should have been dropped like a stone. Why the fuck are they aiding an abuser like that? 

I’d want the lot of them gone from the club if I was the Utd fans. That includes that bald cunt Ten Hag, who has surprised me in this all. 

• Subscriber

The club with take care of itself over time but Ten Haag is proper weird in all of this. Maybe he thought it was right to back the player with the club's decision since the press would have hounded him about it all the time but at some point, you either put an end to the conversation by not commenting or simple change the topic of discussion. Weird just weird. 

I don't understand this decision,  makes no sense to me.

In United's statement they say based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.  

If the club feel he didn't commit the offences, then they should stand by him.  If what was posted online did not provide the full picture, then give us the full picture, so we can fully understand this decision.

Otherwise, it looks like Greenwood has been convicted in the court of public opinion and the club are more concerned with any likely backlash than the well being of a player who has been with the club since he was 7.