talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 10th April, 2022

football forum

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Thank fuck that is over. My stomach is in knots. Not losing was vital, and I will take that.

There are still points to be dropped yet between both sides I think anyways. Not giving City a 4 point cushion was so important. 

Keeps things exciting, think we have it in the bag now though 😎

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Think Pep will be the more upset of the two managers. City were superb in that first half and really should have had another goal based on how they were playing. It did end fairly imo but they had the better chances and failed to capitalize on them. 

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think Pep will be the more upset of the two managers. City were superb in that first half and really should have had another goal based on how they were playing. It did end fairly imo but they had the better chances and failed to capitalize on them. 

Shows how badly we need Haaland to win these type of games for us against the best teams

I think City missed a good chance to kill the title race personally. 

When they look back on that, they will surely reflect on missing some guilt-edged situations, no more so than the very end.

I think they have a case to be a little pissed off with Taylor for being as lenient as he was with Thiago and Fabinho, but you can see the referee didn't want to ruin the game with a red and get the spotlight on him.

Liverpool were a little off colour, not their usual selves but it was a weird situation for them today. Not usual for them to go into a game not favourites and the fear of a title ending loss stopped them cutting loose i think, certainly there for the taking. They have to be chuffed with the point really.

Final word. Now if I was them, I'd give Mo Salah midweek off and arguably next Saturday's Cup semi. Bring him back for the next league game in 10 or 11 days time. They can cope with Mane, Diaz, Jota, Firmino and Origi. If ever a bloke needed a break, he looks mentally faigued as much as he does physically.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think City missed a good chance to kill the title race personally. 

When they look back on that, they will surely reflect on missing some guilt-edged situations, no more so than the very end.

I think they have a case to be a little pissed off with Taylor for being as lenient as he was with Thiago and Fabinho, but you can see the referee didn't want to ruin the game with a red and get the spotlight on him.

Liverpool were a little off colour, not their usual selves but it was a weird situation for them today. Not usual for them to go into a game not favourites and the fear of a title ending loss stopped them cutting loose i think, certainly there for the taking. They have to be chuffed with the point really.

Final word. Now if I was them, I'd give Mo Salah midweek off and arguably next Saturday's Cup semi. Bring him back for the next league game. If ever a bloke needed a break, he looks mentally faigued as much as he does physically.

Agree about Salah, he needs a rest. He also doesn't need a £500k a week 5 year contract either like some seem to think. 

Hes good, but as Messi, Ronaldo etc have proved.. you shouldn't be handing contracts like that out for.players in the latter stages of their careers.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Agree about Salah, he needs a rest. He also doesn't need a £500k a week 5 year contract either like some seem to think. 

Hes good, but as Messi, Ronaldo etc have proved.. you shouldn't be handing contracts like that out for.players in the latter stages of their careers.

No, I agree.

He needs to reach a compromise and appreciate where he's at. It's unrealistic and will only act as a benchmark for others to use when their contracts come up.

If you bow to those demands, I think it goes against what you stand for as a club.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No, I agree.

He needs to reach a compromise and appreciate where he's at. It's unrealistic and will only act as a benchmark for others to use when their contracts come up.

If you bow to those demands, I think it goes against what you stand for as a club.

We aren't bowing to his demands. By all accounts he has been made an offer that the club are comfortable with and told him 'take it or leave it'.

I love Salah but at the end of the day you can't just go shattering a wage structure for 1 player or where does it end?

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Similar to baseball,  giving players in their peak contracts that run into their declining years is a terrible investment.   500K/pw also means that portion of the payroll is bricked in until the contract ends as nobody will be able to sign him. 

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Similar to baseball,  giving players in their peak contracts that run into their declining years is a terrible investment.   500K/pw also means that portion of the payroll is bricked in until the contract ends as nobody will be able to sign him. 

I know this, you know this and the club know this. Unfortunately certain fans think he should be.paid whatever he asks for. 

It never ever turns out well. 

32 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know this, you know this and the club know this. Unfortunately certain fans think he should be.paid whatever he asks for. 

It never ever turns out well. 

Man United's total salary outlay is 208,404,000.00,  Liverpool is around 134,000,000.00.   The difference between how good teams are run and how bad teams are run.

Man City arguably edged it but don't think a draw was an unfair result. Brilliant game, the quality on show was something else, as was the intensity.

I just can't enjoy these games in the moment though because of what's at stake. And we have to do it all again on Saturday...

Watching man United other day then these day makes you realise how far behind united are in terms of everything. I've heard some united fans saying oh couple of players we'll be challenging. 

Try another 6⃣ or 7⃣ players. 

It's not a dig at united I want united to do well apart from when they play Burnley 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Man City arguably edged it but don't think a draw was an unfair result. Brilliant game, the quality on show was something else, as was the intensity.

I just can't enjoy these games in the moment though because of what's at stake. And we have to do it all again on Saturday...

Having watched it back I thought we were really poor first half. Showed them too much respect and we were so poor in possession, constantly giving the ball away.

Second half was much better and we arguably shaded it. So yeah I agree a draw was possibly a fair result but a result that favours them nonetheless.

I also agree that they are not enjoyable to watch, except for the neutrals.

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Having watched it back I thought we were really poor first half. Showed them too much respect and we were so poor in possession, constantly giving the ball away.

Second half was much better and we arguably shaded it. So yeah I agree a draw was possibly a fair result but a result that favours them nonetheless.

I also agree that they are not enjoyable to watch, except for the neutrals.

I don't necessarily agree that Liverpool were poor first half. City were really good in that first half but Liverpool had moments too.

Save for 10 minutes when we scored, we were poor for most the first half. The midfield we’re letting De Bruyne and Silva waltz to the edge of the box, the back four were terrible defensively and their passing was panicked. Every time we had a break, it seemed like a mis placed pass ruined it. The players were frazzled and it was clear they got a rollicking half time to kick them into gear. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived