talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things you don't like about Football

football forum

One thing I don't like about football is the way referees are treated. In most sports tje referees get much more respect. Mistakes will be made that is just a fact of life. Also I think there is a lack of respect to lesser skilled players and teams. I think pundits and fans need to except players levels more rather than ripping them apart every week. Not every player can be messi. I suppose really I would like more respect in football.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Team A start into the match super aggressive and commit 5 or 6 fouls including tactical ones (and multiple fouls by the same player)

>No yellow card, not even a freekick at times(, because it's so early in the game?).

>Litterally seconds later team B commit a single foul

>It's a yellow

>Commentator: "This is the correct decision. The referee had to lay down a marker."

This is my favourite meme

• 10 months later...

I really enjoy the growth of 'Fan TV' with hardcore fans giving insight into their clubs and players but what I really hate is when you get (usually United and Liverpool) 'fans' who aren't even from their clubs' city/town talking like they're some oracle of the clubs. The amount of cockney twats I see talking about the Liverpool/United rivalry really is unbelievable. It's like RAWK and Red Cafe on telly 

17 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

I really enjoy the growth of 'Fan TV' with hardcore fans giving insight into their clubs and players but what I really hate is when you get (usually United and Liverpool) 'fans' who aren't even from their clubs' city/town talking like they're some oracle of the clubs. The amount of cockney twats I see talking about the Liverpool/United rivalry really is unbelievable. It's like RAWK and Red Cafe on telly 

I was just listening to TalkSport and you would've had a laugh... First one cockney Liverpool fan calls in saying Klopp should be sacked amongst other things and then straight after another even more cockney sounding Liverpool fan (for 48 years he kept repeating) accused the previous caller of being a clown and not even sounding like a Liverpool fan. xD:dam:

I have to say they both made me laugh though.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I was just listening to TalkSport and you would've had a laugh... First one cockney Liverpool fan calls in saying Klopp should be sacked amongst other things and then straight after another even more cockney sounding Liverpool fan (for 48 years he kept repeating) accused the previous caller of being a clown and not even sounding like a Liverpool fan. xD:dam:

I have to say they both made me laugh though.

Why did he want Klopp sacked?

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why did he want Klopp sacked?

He's a serial caller apparently... I first heard him call last season and he got slated by other Liverpool fans because he kept on saying that for all the exciting football Klopp has Liverpool playing, he guarantees Liverpool will never win anything under him.  Apart from his ridiculous comments, he is rather funny to be honest.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He's a serial caller apparently... I first heard him call last season and he got slated by other Liverpool fans because he kept on saying that for all the exciting football Klopp has Liverpool playing, he guarantees Liverpool will never win anything under him.  Apart from his ridiculous comments, he is rather funny to be honest.

When Leicester had JUST won the league someone said they should sack Reneiri and get a big name manager  O.o

On 22/11/2017 at 10:34, BartraPique1932 said:

>Bayern Munich start into the match super aggressive and commit 5 or 6 fouls including tactical ones (and multiple fouls by the same player)

>No yellow card, not even a freekick at times(, because it's so early in the game?).

>Litterally seconds later Any other Bundesliga team commit a single foul

>It's a yellow

>Commentator: "This is the correct decision. The referee had to lay down a marker."

fixed up for you

I don't get why someone would gloryhunt in England when there is probably a professional team or two down the street.

Personally growing up the nearest club was 1,100km away and it was easier ti watch foreign leagues. I didn' even know there was an Australian league till I was a teenager.

The lack of patience there is in Football now and the excuse that it’s because “Football is a business”. 

It seems like Football Clubs, Football Fans and the media are far less patient these days and as soon as a club doesn’t win their last four games, the knives come out and the Manager is under pressure. A prime example is Manuel Pellegrini at West Ham. They started the season poorly, though their start included Arsenal and Liverpool, and there was talk of Pellegrini being sacked before he’s even got his name put on his office door. Look at them now, they’re on an unbeaten run of three oft four games now.

The excuse “Football is a business” is a poor one, for me. Yes, it is a business and yes results dictate the success of a team but I do think fans have become less patient these days and are partly responsible for this, too. 

The focus on television viewers, moreso people who've never attended a game rather than people who did but can't for whatever reason.

Clubs pander to television money, viewership around the world. But the people that really matter are the people that when they can, attend as many matches as they can. People who watch on television should not be given priority over fans who go to games, travel the length of the country, spend their hard earned money on a match day.

Football has just became a silver screen drama that panders towards a worldwide viewership and ignores the local lifebloods of the game. If it all went bust tomorrow, and the money disappeared, the viewership gone, you'd still have the people the clubs were made for lining up local pubs and getting ready for a Saturday afternoon kick off. Even to watch amateurs.

On 21/11/2017 at 23:34, BartraPique1932 said:

>Team A start into the match super aggressive and commit 5 or 6 fouls including tactical ones (and multiple fouls by the same player)

>Litterally seconds later team B commit a single foul

>It's a yellow

This is known as "playing lower league opposition in the cup" in England.

4 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

The generic and overused songs you get from away fans up and down the country, with the exception of maybe Man United and Liverpool.

Being a smaller club we're guilty of that, you join in because otherwise it's not much singing at all but I do envy supporters of clubs who've got a varied songbook.

9 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

The generic and overused songs you get from away fans up and down the country, with the exception of maybe Man United and Liverpool.

I'm always amazed that there's actually grown men who chant stuff like 'your support is fucking shit' and 'shall we sing a song for you'.

On 03/10/2018 at 23:59, Salford Kel said:

How bad is the Red Cafe? I know plently of United fans and most of them despise it

On 3/10/2018 at 22:59, Salford Kel said:

They're the worst kind of fans, IMO. Worse than the "gloryhunters". There's nothing intellectual, eloquent or sensible about their opinions. They're just knee-jerking masochists who are benefiting, sometimes financially, from the club they claim to support losing games of Football. The opinions of level-headed fans who's opinions are worth listening to just don't get the views, likes or ability to go viral as some 40 year-old bloke going bat shit crazy and claiming a club who are in the Premier League and have won trophies and played in Europe in recent history are in crisis.

• Subscriber
On 04/10/2018 at 22:39, carefreeluke said:

Guilty as charged here. We've actually got a decent songbook but there's no chance it'll ever properly be used because people are too bothered about fad songs. Fully expect us to have an allez allez allez version by Christmas.

I'm not from London but I support arsenal. I can understand why some fans don't like it. However I have supported them since I was young and for over 20 years. I haven't stopped supporting them when we stopped winning things and I do go to watch them.  I haven't for the last couple of years but that is down to finances. When I started watching football I didn't really know any clubs. Didn't wanna support man u because a lot of kids did. I think it's better to support your local club. But I don't think you have to. Also say you come from somewhere like Bath who are you gonna support? You're not gonna support Bristol city and most people would not support an amateur team. For me glory hunting is more supporting a team when they are winning and then loosing interest when they aren't 

Archived