Last Man Standing - World Cup Edition!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

After Shaqiri and Xhaka are banned i'm changing to Colombia

1 hour ago, shut up said:

IF Xhaka and Shaqiri are banned then Germany, please.

Not banned, are you both sticking on Switzerland Then?

• Subscriber

Update - Day Twelve

Casualties (2)

giphy.gif

A dramatic evening on the pitch this evening, and finally some drama in the Last Man Standing competition too, as two of TF365's senior citizens stand no longer. @DeadLinesman regrets not going for it after flirting with Tunisia, and is out of the competition having stuck to his pick of Portugal to beat Iran, and @Bluewolf will join his friend in the retirement home after backing Spain to defeat Morocco. Both men could have had their elimination reviewed by VAR, but were simply too long in the tooth to work the modern technology. Add your own old jokes below.

Survivors (0)

giphy.gif

A 100% record for the reaper today as nobody dabbled in Group A, perhaps a good thing as Egypt, arguably the safest bet of Group A's teams in the early kick-offs, conspired to lose to Saudi Arabia. Wow.

Not in play today (23)

With the third round off to a much more interesting start, the last 23 contestants are likely to sleep a little more uneasy tonight as today's events remind us of the mortality of man. As it stands, tomorrow won't see any action in the competition before a huge boom in activity on Wednesday and Thursday. That is, unless anyone loses their conviction and swaps matches. @El Profesor and @...Dan are currently facing the most peril of anyone, having not yet picked a winning team from this set of fixtures. For everyone's convenience, the remaining Round Three fixtures are included below. Enjoy whatever drama VAR the magnificent quality of the football has in store for us tomorrow folks!

Round 3 (Group Stage 3) Fixtures

Uruguay v Russia

Saudi Arabia v Egypt

Spain v Morocco

Iran v Portugal

Australia v Peru

Denmark v France

Nigeria v Argentina

Iceland v Croatia

South Korea v Germany

Mexico v Sweden

Serbia v Brazil

Switzerland v Costa Rica

Japan v Poland

Senegal v Colombia

Panama v Tunisia

England v Belgium

• Subscriber

Update - Day Thirteen

Casualties (0)

giphy.gif

Nothing to see here folks as only one contender was active in today's four matches.

Survivors (1)

giphy.gif

@...Dan was the last to make his third round pick but the first to make it through the final round of group matches. Now things get really interesting as you and those who join you in the fourth phase of the competition will have to pick from the remaining sixteen teams, without being able to pick from the (up to) three sides you have used in the group stages. I won't bother posting the half-complete fixture list for the Knockout Round just yet but I will tag everyone who survives on Thursday night as a reminder to make your picks ahead of the first knockout games on Saturday. Congratulations anyway for now mate.

Not in play today (22)

As we move into the second half of the World Cup as far as the sheer number of games go, we're still a long way from the midpoint of the Last Man Standing competition. Everyone has now made their third round pick, with 22 of the 25 players making it to the third round choosing a team in Groups E, F, G or H. Tomorrow is highly likely to see further bloodshed as our remaining competitors have interest in three of the four Group E/F games between them, six players backing Germany to beat South Korea, one backing Mexico to get the better of Sweden, and four others hoping for Switzerland to do the business against Costa Rica. It looks to be a dramatic day for us, enjoy the football guys!

On 6/25/2018 at 10:14, Lucas said:

I said Germany before but to confirm again, Germany.

xD

Stupid Germany ruining my day.... 

Can I get an old peoples pass please Rando... you know, not of sound mind when I made my original pick and all that.. 

• Subscriber

Update - Day Fourteen

Casualties (11)

giphy.gif

What. A. Massacre. The failings of Germany, Mexico and Switzerland today leave us with an absolutely shocking scoreboard so far in the third round, with just one person surviving into the Knockouts so far and a total of 13 people sidelined. The Last Man Standing competition bids "auf wiedersehen" to @Dan, @Tommy, @El Profesor, @Machado, @Asura and @Lucas for starters, who all backed Germany in what looked like the safe bet of the round against South Korea. @Stan also quietly fell out of the reckoning as the only man to back Mexico against Sweden only to see them get absolutely twatted 3-0. The evening drama went right down to the wire, @nudge, @BounceAroundTheGround, @shut up and @Mel81x had barely had time to celebrate what looked like Switzerland's winning goal in the 88th minute before they, too, were cruelly eliminated by Costa Rica's 93rd minute equaliser. The elimination of two of TF365's two leading ladies also saves @RandoEFC from having any further attention drawn to the sexist nature of this competitions's name.

Survivors (0)

giphy.gif

Nope, I'm not joking. We seriously lost eleven people across three different matches today without a single person surviving. Thanks for playing guys.

Not in play today (12)

With almost half of the remaining contenders eliminated in one day today, there are eleven more waiting to see whether or not they will survive what has been a crippling third round. In the unlikely event that Colombia (backed by 4), Tunisia (backed by 6) and Japan (backed by 1) all fail to win tomorrow, @...Dan will be crowned the Last Man Standing champion in 24 hours' time. Hopefully, though, the show will go on and I will be posting a completed set of Last Sixteen ties tomorrow for our remaining competitors to choose from. Enjoy the last set of group matches guys!

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

Stupid Germany ruining my day.... 

Can I get an old peoples pass please Rando... you know, not of sound mind when I made my original pick and all that.. 

I don't get it - you picked Spain and lost the other day? xD

Archived