• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-1 Liverpool - Thursday 3rd January, 2019

football forums

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good game that. We were just unlucky to have clearances not go our way but in the end the better team won it. Our midfield got hijacked in the first half and after the second goal it was always going to be a bit of an uphill climb to come back into the game. We just have to move onto the next game and keep winning now.

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Perfect result for the neutral - much better second half spectacle. Fine margins as has been said but personally think City deserved it, just looked a little sharper 

Agree they looked a little sharper which is understandable considering they HAD to win. Still think we created the better chances throughout though, as strange as that sounds. 

Well played @Happy Blue

Sometimes I don't know how TAA is touted as a wonderkid. He's good and has potential but as it showed in that game and some of the latter UCL stages last year, he's very very limited. He's had flashes of looking good going foward and others where he's completely gone missing and with falty technique.

Some of the scouting fanpages I follow hype him up to be the next best RB in the World when I can name a few still playing in South America that are better.

Just now, Storts said:

Perfect result for the neutral - much better second half spectacle. Fine margins as has been said but personally think City deserved it, just looked a little sharper 

I agree with that, but also fuck neutrals - I would much rather prefer the title race just be us v. you. A "Battle of the Bottlers" title race, without having to worry about this ridiculous City side.

City were better on the day. It was close, I don't think either side was anything spectacular or anything. Very cagey match. Both of their goals were unstoppable finishes and all of those goalline clearances are why they've paid so much money for the players they have.

Gutted though, I wanted us to be unbeaten all season

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Agree they looked a little sharper which is understandable considering they HAD to win. Still think we created the better chances throughout though, as strange as that sounds. 

Well played @Happy Blue

Yeah think you’re right - you certainly had the chances to win it too, and if you had I don’t think people could argue with the result. Was very even, but think as we said over the course of the game they just seemed to want it that little bit more, they were first to the ball and just had a bit more zip in their play 

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sometimes I don't know how TAA is touted as a wonderkid. He's good and has potential but as it showed in that game and some of the latter UCL stages last year, he's very very limited. He's had flashes of looking good going foward and others where he's completely gone missing and with falty technique.

Some of the scouting fanpages I follow hype him up to be the next best RB in the World when I can name a few still playing in South America that are better.

Can probably name about 10 Japanese and Korean lads too, I imagine xD

Just now, Rick said:

Trent showcased his immaturity tonight again. Don't care if he's only 19/20, we need a better performance than that. 

Why did he? That's a ridiculous call. He was up against one of the best young wingers in Europe and held his own. He also was the reason we scored. You rip into players far to easily. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Are you @José in disguise 

Great advert for the Premier League, showcased by two fantastic managers.

Really good in terms of quality which we haven’t said enough about the Premier League for a good while.

Will surprise me if these two don’t go very far in the Champions League as well.

Also thought Neville was talking enormous amounts of shite at the whistle.

There was nothing in the game in terms of overall quality of play. City bossed possession, which was essentially a given in the circumstances, and Liverpool probably edged the chances, but City just mustered the tiny moments that can decide elite games. 

Absolutely overrated as a pundit. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can probably name about 10 Japanese and Korean lads too, I imagine xD

There probably are better players in Japan or Korea at his age and position to be fair. I haven't followed in depth. He's in the PL though because he's good enough and for being English. He lives there - so is he gonna start in bloody Bosnia?

Just my opinion but I find his "wonderkid" status ridiculous. He'll become something, but not a world class player in my eyes.

Just now, Storts said:

Yeah think you’re right - you certainly had the chances to win it too, and if you had I don’t think people could argue with the result. Was very even, but think as we said over the course of the game they just seemed to want it that little bit more, they were first to the ball and just had a bit more zip in their play 

Yeah I think while we made good chances, we were a bit sloppy. And while it was a tight and cagey match... I don't think you can say City were a bit sloppy. They just seemed sharper overall on the night while we seemed a bit sloppier.

Probably a fair result given how things panned out on the pitch. But fuck me I am gutted. Although as @LFCMike said, if you'd told me this is where we'd be on January 3rd a month ago, with us 4 points ahead and lamenting a loss to this ridiculously good City side, I'd have said "fucking doubt it, but I'll take it." So I'll take it. But I'm gutted, would have been a great moment to fuck over a title rival and really put ourselves in the drivers seat.

Now I'm going to have to clench all fucking season long, assuming we don't fuck things up early. But also we're Liverpool so in the back of my mind all I'm thinking is "we're probably going to fuck this up early"

I need alcohol, I'm basically just a bag of nerves right now. xD

• Administrator

Don't think Alexander-Arnold had a bad game. Not as bad as being made out. Clear to see how much potential he has so no wonder he's touted as 'wonderkid' or could go on to be one of the best in the world.

Archived