talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

@nudge you can add 4 more UK cases to your data! 

They are all linked to the same man who caught it in Singapore and then spread it to at least 11 people in France, Spain and the UK despite being asymptomatic and only falling ill days later after returning to Brighton O.o  A GP practice in Brighton has now been temporarily closed after a staff member tested positive for the coronavirus too. 

Also there have been 65 more cases in the quarantined ship in Japan (135 in total in the ship now :o )

23 hours ago, Machado said:

Holy shit and the dog looks like its staring at something, petrified, it's like it knows something bigger is coming, or maybe it's just another dog (with or without a mask, we'll never know).

I think it's a cat.

Tbh, I don't blame this kitty. He could be on his 9th life so he's got to be a little cautious

• Subscriber

A fast update:

Mainland China:

42638 confirmed cases (+2467 since yesterday) - 7333 of those in serious or critical condition (+849).
21675 suspected cases (-1914).
1016 deaths (+108)
3998 recoveries (+715).

A total of 428438 close contacts have been traced, and 187728 of those are still in medical observation.

The total number of suspected cases has decreased again and the number of recoveries is increasing nicely. On the other hand, today also registered the highest number of daily deaths and the number of patients in serious/critical condition has increased dramatically.

International:

The total of international cases (including Hongkong, Taiwan and Macau) has risen to 463 (+81). This increase is mostly due to the 65 new cases on the Diamond Princess cruise ship (bringing its total to 135).

ED6ijrX.png

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Harry said:

I assume the cruise ship tool is all mapped to Japan?

I think it has at least 15 Australian cases just on that ship

Yes - Japanese government does not include them in the official count but considering that they are docked in Japanese waters and are being hospitalised in Japan I think it makes sense to assign them to the Japanese total. 

I'll try to see if I can find the list of nationalities that are confirmed cases on the ship but the details are pretty scarce at the moment.

• Subscriber

The daily update is going to be late it seems as the official report from China's National Health Commission for today is surprisingly late and has't been released yet with the exception of the numbers from Hubei province.

So for now just a quick overview of the international cases:

The total increased from 463 to 517 (+54). As in previous days, this is due the new confirmed cases onboard the Diamond Princess ship. 39 new ones today bringing the ship's total to 174 and Japan's total to 202 (they had another 2 cases today unrelated to the ship). The quarantine officer is also confirmed to be infected and 4 of the infected are reportedly in a serious/critical condition either on a ventilator or in an ICU. Other than that there have been new cases in Hongkong (+7), South Korea and Germany (+2 each), Vietnam and Thailand (1 each). I also got some reports of 2 new cases in the UK (two prisoners; one of them recently transferred from Thailand) but those aren't officially confirmed yet so they are not included in the daily report. 
Some Cambodian garment factories are going to have to suspend operations due to shortages of raw materials as 60% of those used in Cambodian factories are sourced in China. 

sskYX5t.png

• Subscriber

OK so the Chinese numbers for today are starting to come in now (being very late again) and it seems the arrival of WHO team to China and their disagreement about proper reporting of the cases has stirred things quite a bit there. I'll try to do a proper update later when all provinces report their numbers but the new numbers just in Hubei province are huge and very different from what the Chinese have been reporting up until now (the report now includes clinically confirmed cases while lab confirmed cases not showing any clinical symptoms are not included). So in the last 24 hours there have reportedly been 14840 new cases and 242 new deaths - previously daily reported cases tended to be around 2000-3000 with around 70-100 deaths; this latest update would suggest that the number of daily cases might have increased sevenfold (!!!) while the number of daily deaths is at least 2.5 times higher than the average of previous days.

vrTSSsv.jpg

gCaBZqD.jpg

Graphs by jodi.graphics

Also Vietnam has now put an entire village (around 10000 inhabitants) under quarantine.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber

A clarification on the massive increase: "In order to be consistent with the classification of case diagnosis issued by other provinces across the country, starting today, Hubei Province will include the number of clinically diagnosed cases into the number of confirmed cases for publication."

So this doesn't mean that there have been over 14000 of new cases today; it just means that they finally added all the clinically confirmed cases that accumulated throughout the last few weeks into their report today in one batch - so basically those numbers should be an outlier indicating the backlog of cases that weren't previously included in the daily reports. The "actual" number of new cases based on old classification is still around the same two thousand per day mark. We'll have to see tomorrow's data to see the differences.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Apparently great news, an Argentine team of scientifics from Conicet developed a portable tool that detects coronavirus in under an hour for just 2$USD per use. :congrats:

This is the one right? https://www.infobae.com/sociedad/2020/02/11/son-argentinos-y-crearon-un-metodo-para-detectar-el-coronavirus-en-apenas-60-minutos-que-desperto-el-interes-mundial/

Sounds good. Apparently the test is based on CRISPR; nice.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Eco said:

I am surprised that it hasn't been reported in Atlanta yet. With having the busiest airport in the world, you'd think it'd be a breeding ground this virus's. 

Luckily I'm going to the mountains this weekend. 

Becoming a hermit seems a bit drastic :ph34r:

• Haha 2