• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

FINAL - Saturday 3rd June - Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid

Recommended Posts

I said in the poll we had few weeks ago that real are going to win and im still confident they are going to win it. But I would love to see Juventus win it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Honestly, Juventus could tear Real Madrid apart but finals tend to be close and of course very well prepared. I'm not expecting a 0-0 but I think we'll see a close game with Juventus winning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've thought since the round of 16 that Juventus were going to win it, and I still see it happening. It'll be a close call though. Might even end in extra time and even penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Juventus have great chance to win it. They're looking really good this year, not just at the back but all over the park, and this definitely will be Buffon's final chance to win it. He deserves that. Also, I want Dani Alves to win it and mail pictures of him with the trophy to Bartomeu and co. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is, do Juve go three at the back or stick with the 4-2-3-1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Real Madrid will find a way.

This. 

As much as I want, and truly hope Juve to win this, Real will always somehow find a way.

May it be an offside goal or through Juve simply bottling it with missed chances, as those are the likely outcomes ahead of Real actually outplaying them. 

As bent as it sounds, I can already picture Ronaldo making an absolute twat of himself scoring a penalty and taking his shirt off like he actually contributed in a final. 

Just hope I'm wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This. 

As much as I want, and truly hope Juve to win this, Real will always somehow find a way.

May it be an offside goal or through Juve simply bottling it with missed chances, as those are the likely outcomes ahead of Real actually outplaying them. 

As bent as it sounds, I can already picture Ronaldo making an absolute twat of himself scoring a penalty and taking his shirt off like he actually contributed in a final. 

Just hope I'm wrong. 

Hahaha....you just described my worst nightmare there :4_joy:

Juve playing the better football, dominating, Higuain misses 10 clear chances on goal, Cristiano touching the ball for the first time in the match to score a penalty and he takes off his shirt and does that annoying celebration

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Madrid these days remind me of United under SAF. Found a way to win even when they were shit. I understand it must be frustrating to rivals and other people who don't like them but as a neutral it's a good laugh to see so many people rattled by their success.

As for this final, couldn't care less. I wanted Monaco to win it :66_thermometer_face:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football needs a Juventus win, the last three years it's just been Real Madrid and Barcelona recycling it.

I feel like Madrid will end up winning though 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great the the two best teams in Europe are actually meeting in the Finals. This should be fun to watch.

I'll be watching Marcelo and Alves. Those two players are both such cataylst for their teams, that if one comes out to play more than the other, then it's likely their team will be lifting the cup.

I could see either side winning 2-1. I am not even really certain who the favorites should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Honestly real Madrid could tear Juventus apart but finals tend to be close and of course very well prepared.

Blah blah blah, ANY true napoli fan would never cheer for a Juventus victory, NEVER. 

wish it was Juventus mainly for buffon, but if i had to bet money, i would pick RM.

Sorry, but that is just wrong. 

Juventus have the best defence in Europe, they've only conceded two goals the entire Champions League campaign this season.

Like I said, Real have a greater chance winning this Final due to Juve being bottle jobs than Real actually outplaying them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Honestly real Madrid could tear Juventus apart but finals tend to be close and of course very well prepared.

Blah blah blah, ANY true napoli fan would never cheer for a Juventus victory, NEVER. 

wish it was Juventus mainly for buffon, but if i had to bet money, i would pick RM.

I missed this the first time around.

No, unless it's a freak match (which either of these teams could tear the other apart), there is no way RM could tear Juve apart. And while you are a Napoli fan, I get it, but I support Inter, who Juve considers their biggest rival, and it have absolutely nothing to do with rivalry. I have said it 100 times before. I would hate for Juve to win this, absolutely make me sick. But I would be happy for the likes of Buffon, Chiellini, Marchiso, and the other players that stuck with Juve when they went to Serie B for a year, and are still there today. I respect the players, hate the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
38 minutes ago, ATL said:

I missed this the first time around.

No, unless it's a freak match (which either of these teams could tear the other apart), there is no way RM could tear Juve apart. And while you are a Napoli fan, I get it, but I support Inter, who Juve considers their biggest rival, and it have absolutely nothing to do with rivalry. I have said it 100 times before. I would hate for Juve to win this, absolutely make me sick. But I would be happy for the likes of Buffon, Chiellini, Marchiso, and the other players that stuck with Juve when they went to Serie B for a year, and are still there today. I respect the players, hate the club.

Not sure about locals but I know a lot of Italian football fans who want Juve to win. I don't like them domestically, don't mind them internationally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Real to win this. 

Can't stand Juventus, especially after the Calciopoli. 

0-1

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This won't be decided in 90 minutes unless Ramos scores a late header

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juve have been arguably the biggest underachievers in European Cup history, winning a world class league in Serie A 32 going on 33 times, but 'only' winning this tournament twice, the same number of times as Benfica and Nottingham Forest. 

I despised them in the 90s and early 00s, but I do respect the away that they have re-invented themselves on and off the pitch since then. And I really want Gigi Buffon to win this tournament to round off his career achievements nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant believe this is in June. 

I'm not fond of either club but will be routing for Juve for the sake of diversity. 

Fairly sure Madrid will win though as it would continue the champions leagues downward trend of relevance and interest. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the increased security from having a roof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REALLY want Juventus and Buffon to win it (don't want our CL exit at their hands to be for nought) but I do think Real Madrid will be able to "get it done" again!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 9:26 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Juve have been arguably the biggest underachievers in European Cup history, winning a world class league in Serie A 32 going on 33 times, but 'only' winning this tournament twice, the same number of times as Benfica and Nottingham Forest. 

I despised them in the 90s and early 00s, but I do respect the away that they have re-invented themselves on and off the pitch since then. And I really want Gigi Buffon to win this tournament to round off his career achievements nicely. 

O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramos will have a 5* match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 6666 said:

O.o

Serie A was one of the best two leagues in the world not too long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Serie A was one of the best two leagues in the world not too long ago.

From 1990 to Calciopoli Juve won Serie A five times (not counting the seasons 04-05/05-06). So in a span of 14 years, winning the best league in the world five times isn't half bad at all. That is in between two of greatest AC Milan teams of all time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 6666 said:

O.o

Surely you aren't arguing that Serie A, historically, isn't an elite League? Think past the previous 4-5 years and you'll see that the league was consistently putting out elite teams. Milan and Inter both winning European competitions, and having some of the strongest teams and players in the world. 

Juventus have to be the biggest European Competitions disappointments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically, no doubt it's a great league but ever since the match fixing scandal I do think it's stuggled to be great. Internazionale basically not having to do much to win the league with Juventus away and AC Milan in an identity crisis decreased the overall quality of the league, the fact Juventus could get promoted and just dominate the league in a bigger way than they were doing before is proof of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 6666 said:

O.o

Yep nothing complicated about that.

Serie A is still comfortably one of the top 4 leagues in the world now, and one of 4 truly world class leagues alongside the Premier League, La Liga and the Bundesliga. And even when it was the strongest league in the world by a million miles, or one of the top 2 or top 3 leagues in the world they were still racking up Serie A titles. 

For them to dominate such a difficult league historically and win so few European Cups (5 fewer than Milan and 1 fewer than Inter) is odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement