talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Opinions You Had For a Long Time That Changed Eventually

football forum

Sometimes we have opinions for a very long time and then we suddenly change them. What opinions did you have for a very long time that you changed. Was it hard to change them? Sometimes it can be hard to change an opinion that you had for a very long time.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Well, if you can class certain foods as opinions I know once upon a time the likes of onions, carrots, mixed vegetables, brussel sprouts, beetroot I could not eat such as they tasted shite, but they say as you get older your taste buds change and you get the taste for things you would never eat before as the latter mentioned.

I used to think brussel sprouts were disgusting, now I love them. Probably a lot of food opinions I had as a kid are opinions of mine that have changed.

I used to think the internet would help make people smarter... but now I definitely don't think that's the case (even though it CAN make people smarter)

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I used to think brussel sprouts were disgusting, now I love them. 

That's because they changed them completely. In the 90's and early 2000s Brussel sprouts were very bitter. I remember reading the entire industry did something different to how they are planted or seeded or something but they are way better now than they were then. 

Just now, Cicero said:

That's because they changed them completely. In the 90's and early 2000s Brussel sprouts were very bitter. I remember reading the entire industry did something different to how they are planted or seeded or something but they are way better now than they were then. 

I did not know that, but that explains a shitload xD

God bless them, because they turned brussel sprouts into something very fucking tasty.

I did use to vote conservative.  More due to lack of research. I have the same opinions as I do now just didnt realise the conservatives dont represent them. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I did not know that, but that explains a shitload xD

God bless them, because they turned brussel sprouts into something very fucking tasty.

Same here, now I love them especially with a few roast potatoes, roast beef and gravy.

• The title was changed to Opinions You Had For a Long Time That Changed Eventually

1) NFL

I used to think NFL was boring, just did not get the appeal at all. Tried to like it but just couldn't get into it. It all just felt like a glorified over-complicated version of Rugby.

Then I joined an NFL Fantasy League with some mates who follow NFL, did a draft and started to follow it from start to finish. I am naturally quite competitive so anything I enter I try to do my best. Once I took time to understand things, I began to appreciate the game a whole lot more. 

Now, I really enjoy it. I follow the season regularly, I've been to a game in London, I'm familiar with teams and players, understand the rules and I can hold a conversation about it.

2) Online Dating

I used to think Online Dating was a joke and a bit sad, probably because there used to be a negative stigma about using it.

Now I think it's arguably one of the easiest and most successful ways you can go to establishing a relationship, especially given how virtual our world is now and how glued to mobiles we are.

3) Drink Driving

I'll be totally honest, whilst I used to always say drink driving was not cool yadda yadda, did that ever used to stop me having a couple pints after Footy or down the pub and driving home? No it did not.

Why? Because it was so easy to get away with it. Time and time again. When you've had a drink, it clouds your judgement and you overestimate yourself.

There were even a couple times I chanced it, drove down to nights out in town because it was easier to get there, had drinks and then skipped the Taxi home because I felt like i'd sobered up enough to drive my car home rather than the hassle of coming back the next day to pick it up.

Yes I know, it's totally cuntish. But that's me being honest.

Then one day I had a huge wake up call. Let's just say I was a very lucky boy and I saw one of my friends punished when it could so easily have been me.

Now I won't touch a single drop if I'm driving. Not even one beer. I just can't afford to be blase about it. It's just not worth the risk full stop even for 'one'.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

1) NFL

I used to think NFL was boring, just did not get the appeal at all. Tried to like it but just couldn't get into it. It all just felt like a glorified over-complicated version of Rugby.

Then I joined an NFL Fantasy League with some mates who follow NFL, did a draft and started to follow it from start to finish. I am naturally quite competitive so anything I enter I try to do my best. Once I took time to understand things, I began to appreciate the game a whole lot more. 

Now, I really enjoy it. I follow the season regularly, I've been to a game in London, I'm familiar with teams and players, understand the rules and I can hold a conversation about it.

My only issue with the NFL is it’s a lot of time to give to a sport on in the middle of the night, then add on top how stop-start it is. I think if I lived in America I could immerse myself in it but I don’t know how you do it over here. I’d rather watch conference football than the NFL tbh

• Subscriber

Once upon a time, I could not eat pasta of any kind but now I will if the wife makes bolognese though I will have that with tagliatelle, not spaghetti, this goes back from years ago when we visited the wife's cousin and she made some spaghetti bolognaise but the plate was swimming with the spaghetti with a tiny bit of the bolognese in the middle, that turned me right off spaghetti.

5 hours ago, Danny said:

My only issue with the NFL is it’s a lot of time to give to a sport on in the middle of the night, then add on top how stop-start it is. I think if I lived in America I could immerse myself in it but I don’t know how you do it over here. I’d rather watch conference football than the NFL tbh

It quite literally starts at 6pm on SkySports mix when Redzone come on xD

• Subscriber

Absolutely nothing at all I’m a stubborn Cunt and always right.

Whoever likes Brussel Sprouts... just go. Get out. Now. :o 

Probably my sister... I used to. Nah... actually. Can’t think of anything. 

Coldplay

I used to think they were brilliant, went to three concerts and generally thought they were legends. 

Now I cringe at the songs I once loved and even more cringe at any interview I see with them in. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Well there are parallels between Big Brother and Newcastle United

True. The voice over bloke who pretended to be a Geordie for years is very similar to Man Utd#1 fan Steve Bruce pretending to be a Newcastle fan.

2 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

True. The voice over bloke who pretended to be a Geordie for years is very similar to Man Utd#1 fan Steve Bruce pretending to be a Newcastle fan.

Check your Audio Uploading thread PM's :ph34r:

I used to think Mpache was a fucking Blubbering sunflowers with a few screws loose, a weird boner for random countries, players and leagues and was stubborn as a mule, even when obviously wrong. |

Now he doesn't post at all anymore I think he's a much better bloke. 

Archived