talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna go for 1.0 to England. I would take a really scrappy win. I dont care if Germany play better I just want to win 

7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Assuming everyone is fit, my team would probably be: Neuer- Gosens, Ginter, Rüdiger, Kimmich- Kroos, - Gnabry, Goretzka,Gündogan, Müller-Volland

I'm hating this "false 9" non-sense , and although Timo Werner is the faster of our two strikers, this match might be suiting Volland more.

Sounds good to me. I'd love to see Gündogan a bit more attacking like he's been playing for Man City last season. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sounds good to me. I'd love to see Gündogan a bit more attacking like he's been playing for Man City last season. 

I hate it. Fuck Kroos off. Wouldn't wanna play 5 in midfield 4 at the back against England either. Get at them

-------------------------Neuer-----------------------------
---Ginter-------------Sule---------------Rudiger---
Kimmich--Gundogan--Goretzka--Gosens
--------------Muller---------------Havertz------------
-------------------------Volland---------------------------

Personally, I think this is the best chance England has of winning against Germany in a long time. Bar the game against us, which was badly planned, adding a bit of arrogance from us, Germany has been there for the taking.

This will go to penalties, with Pickford being the hero.

• Subscriber

We're going to play a back five, as I expected we would.

Would be nothing more England than a heartbreaking loss after what's panned out. The winner of this game has a real chance of the final.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

A boring game after all the fun we've had tonight. 

England to kill the tournament off just as it came back to life today xD

That is usually KOs stages. One day of attacking end to end play. One day of upset. The others normal 2-1 1-0 & penalties.

6 hours ago, ASF said:

Personally, I think this is the best chance England has of winning against Germany in a long time.

Agree with that which is probably why we won't win.

This England team has a poor spine. Especially with the form Kane is in. The only top player in that spine of the team. We are going to need a couple of average players to play above their usual level.

I'd be surprised if we can beat Germany in 90 minutes with Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips in the team. With all due respect to them this is a higher level now. Let's hope they can do it.

4 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Agree with that which is probably why we won't win.

This England team has a poor spine. Especially with the form Kane is in. The only top player in that spine of the team. We are going to need a couple of average players to play above their usual level.

I'd be surprised if we can beat Germany in 90 minutes with Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips in the team. With all due respect to them this is a higher level now. Let's hope they can do it.

I'd be inclined to play Jordan Henderson if he was match fit for his experience myself, but the question is how fit is he.

His experience and leadership could be huge for the side. 

On 27/06/2021 at 17:54, Storts said:

I just got them from the official portal yeah, well my mate. Just had to time it right and get a bit lucky. Although have found generally if you’re persistent enough it is manageable 

Was cat 1 and £160 though anyway 

Hi mate, I also wanted to ask you about the entry time slot to the matches. When exactly are we supposed to activate(or find out) the entry time slot and how do we do so? Also what exactly is it? Is it a 30 minute period in which we are allowed to enter the stadium? 

59 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'd be inclined to play Jordan Henderson if he was match fit for his experience myself, but the question is how fit is he.

His experience and leadership could be huge for the side. 

If Henderson is fit, I am sure that he will play. His experience will be invaluable to England in this match. 

The way I see it, this is a 50/50 match and the best time in years for England to potentially knock Germany out of a major competition.

Just now, shut up said:

Wow you got tickets? Nice one mate :drunk:

Yeah, not for this match, Storts has tickets for the England v Germany match, I have tickets for the Sweden v Ukraine game. I tried getting tickets for the England v Germany game, but they went like hot cakes as soon as they were officially put on sale. xD

Fucking hell I justed the other fixture for today as I've forgot who was playing. Sorted my day so I can watch the England game. Luckily I checked because it's at 5.00, I thought it was at 8.

• The title was changed to (Round of 16) - England 2-0 Germany - Tuesday 29th June, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived