talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

17 hours ago, Danny said:

Hopefully it's repealed, I feel like most of Ireland is behind it regardless of the releigiois nut jobs. The way abortion has been treated as an argument for "pro-life" is ridiculous, as if it's going to be used as a form of contraception. Leave people to make their own choices about their own bodies.

It is used as contraception though. Not wanting a child is that very definition; people don't do it because they think it's fun, they literally do it as birth control. Is it their body though? When can you decide that it's a separate human body that is being destroyed? Do you have the moral authority to make that decision. How can you say it's morally okay to abort a human life? If you say it's okay before 10 weeks, why not 9 weeks? Why not 14 weeks? When does it magically tick over into being a human? When it is born? Then why not have abortions up until the day of birth? Is it a human the moment zygote is created?  Most people I've know that do it, have done so for selfish reasons, because 'they don't want to ruin their lives', weighing themselves as more important than another [potential] human. 

I don't care what people do to themselves, I really don't but when you phrase it so haphazardly as you just did, it is concerning. As if it's an inalienable human right; just don't speak as if it's a moral rule.

Edited by Spike

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is used as contraception though. Not wanting a child is that very definition; people don't do it because they think it's fun, they literally do it as birth control. Is it their body though? When can you decide that it's a separate human body that is being destroyed? Do you have the moral authority to make that decision. How can you say it's morally okay to abort a human life? If you say it's okay before 10 weeks, why not 9 weeks? Why not 14 weeks? When does it magically tick over into being a human? When it is born? Then why not have abortions up until the day of birth? Is it a human the moment zygote is created?  

I don't care what people do to themselves but when you phrase it so haphazardly as you just did, it is concerning. As if it's an inalienable human right. 

You've got a problem with everything so I'm gunna leave you to argue with yourself but contraception is buying a condom before sex, having an abortion isn't.

Edited by Danny

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

You've got a problem with everything so I'm gunna leave you to argue with yourself but contraception is buying a condom before sex, having an abortion isn't.

I have a problem with everything xD Okay then. I suppose you're right though, contraception is before pregnancy. They both end the same though, no baby.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Gareth Bale has scored the best goal ever seen in footballing history, Karius has made two of the funniest errors ever seen and people are talking about contraception instead? Jesus.

Different threads, ya cunt. Did you not see my fucking posts in the match thread ( I know you did, you cunt, you quoted me)

Just now, Spike said:

I have a problem with everything xD Okay then. I suppose you're right though, contraception is before pregnancy. They both end the same though, no baby.

They end differently, contraception generally ends in not getting pregnant to begin with and is used to enjoy sex. No one thinks it's OK I'll just have an abortion, a cracking end to a night of sex. Comparing them is moronic.

Just now, Danny said:

They end differently, contraception generally ends in not getting pregnant to begin with and is used to enjoy sex. No one thinks it's OK I'll just have an abortion, a cracking end to a night of sex. Comparing them is moronic.

They do end the same ( no baby is no baby), just a horrible different road. No baby, but one road is much more traumatic. 

I already said you were right, no need for continual digs, because I don't think I had a dig at you.

Just now, Spike said:

They do end the same ( no baby is no baby), just a horrible different road. No baby, but one road is much more traumatic. 

I already said you were right, no need for continual digs, because I don't think I had a dig at you.

Fair play I thought you were being sarcastic. But the ending really isn't the same seeing as one is an empty womb to from start to finish and the other is pregnancy and a whole load of trauma.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Fair play I thought you were being sarcastic. But the ending really isn't the same seeing as one is an empty womb to from start to finish and the other is pregnancy and a whole load of trauma.

Nah mate, I thought the definition of 'contraception' was any sort of 'birth control/termination'.  So I was very wrong.

There have been videos of certain people bragging about their numbers of abortions but I can't validate their authenticity though, so it could very well just be pro-life propaganda. But I wouldn't be surprised if their are mentally ill people out there that treat it 'like' contraception. Never doubt the human mind for evil.

At the end of the day I understand both side's arugements and their is no right answer. If it works for Ireland, good for them.

Edited by Spike

• Administrator

Thunderstorms galore here on these shores tonight. Love a good storm but not when it prevents me getting some sleep. 

Thunder just shook my flat no joke. Thought someone was breaking in ffs. 

21 hours ago, Stan said:

Thunderstorms galore here on these shores tonight. Love a good storm but not when it prevents me getting some sleep. 

Have a whinge.

On 5/27/2018 at 01:21, Stan said:

We had that Saturday night. Everywhere you looked their was lightning flashing and the feint rumblings of thunder but ours faded to nothing in the end which was disappointing... 

15 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just had a birthday card off a mate. Very nice of him, even if it was on 3rd March.

Did you point out his error or just say thanks?? 

Going to our third BBQ of the weekend today. 

It's actually got me thinking, what do I prefer most at BBQ's? Burger, Hot Dog, Chicken, Pulled Pork, Fish, Kebabs etc

I would normally say Burgers but if the Chicken is marinated in the right sauce, it's a winner for me. Especially mixed with Potato Salad, Coleslaw and bits like that. Plus it's less bready. That is a rookie error with BBQ's, don't go for too much bread.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Going to our third BBQ of the weekend today. 

It's actually got me thinking, what do I prefer most at BBQ's? Burger, Hot Dog, Chicken, Pulled Pork, Fish, Kebabs etc

I would normally say Burgers but if the Chicken is marinated in the right sauce, it's a winner for me. Especially mixed with Potato Salad, Coleslaw and bits like that. Plus it's less bready. That is a rookie error with BBQ's, don't go for too much bread.

spicy tandoori chicken.

lamb kebabs.

couple of hotdogs.

Winner for me. Agree on the bread shout. Too much and you get too full. The spicy chicken, especially, with a nice cool sauce is perfection. 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

spicy tandoori chicken.

lamb kebabs.

couple of hotdogs.

Winner for me. Agree on the bread shout. Too much and you get too full. The spicy chicken, especially, with a nice cool sauce is perfection. 

Those are actually also my favourite foods too (well not sure if exactly tandoori, but i love the fried spicy chicken legs i buy at a chinese resto), along with burgers,  lobster, shrimps and prawns.

41 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Those are actually also my favourite foods too (well not sure if exactly tandoori, but i love the fried spicy chicken legs i buy at a chinese resto), along with burgers,  lobster, shrimps and prawns.

Would be nice if you choked on the next one you eat. X

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Would be nice if you choked on the next one you eat. X

xD

You come out with some bizarre and random stuff sometimes... 

Are you like that when you are out socializing??? I can imagine you just looking over at someone randomly at the bar and telling them you hope they slip over on the pissy floor in the bog and crack their head open or something...