talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Netherlands 2-2(p) Argentina - Friday 9th December, 2022

football forum

Netherlands dropped the ball there big time. They had the ascendancy, even if it was taken from Page 1 of Big Sam's playbook. They should have tested Argentina more in extra time and given the two big lads something to attack but I think they got caught in two minds. 

They had the Argies rattled but lost momentum and to be frank, they were just as guilty of taking their foot off the gas as Argentina were in normal time. It took them nearly 75mins to register an attempt. That's not great.

Argentina taking a lot of flack in here for their behaviour, some of it, justified. I'll never forget 1998 personally and it'll be poetic justice if we got to play them in the final now.

But are we forgetting the Netherlands approach to destroy Spain in 2010 or that ugly battle with Portugal in the Euros? They aren't the flair team they once were and have it in them to give as good as they get.

The referee just lost total control. It's games like that where you need a top level ref like Collina was, that takes control of the game and doesn't let it take control of him. When you dish bookings out like Christmas cards, you're asking for trouble.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Machado said:

This is great to see to be honest. Messi channeling his inner Maradona when he confronted Van Gaal too. Feeling the shirt as they say over there, which is something we don't see often by him. Football needs more of this.

Shame @Berserker isn't around.

Good morning, @Devil-Dick Willie

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

@Devil-Dick Willie is having a great World Cup. Every team he wants to get knocked out, the other loses xD

Hopefully he wants France to win tomorrow. It might actually be coming home.

My friend wins 450k if England win the WC, so I want them to advance. 

And no, I wanted brazil and Spain out so i'm not that bad hahaha.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

It’s a fucking vibe for you xD thanks for starting my day with a laugh. I can’t be mad at you when you say stupid shit like this

ITS NOT A FUCKING VIBE CARLOS TEVEZ IS A CENTER FORWARD WHO HAS WON THE GOLDEN FUCKING BOOT DO NOT COMPARE HIM TO THEO FUCKING WALCOTT AND DAMIEN DUFF YOU CUNT MUFFIN EXTRAORDINAIRE. 

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

ITS NOT A FUCKING VIBE CARLOS TEVEZ IS A CENTER FORWARD WHO HAS WON THE GOLDEN FUCKING BOOT DO NOT COMPARE HIM TO THEO FUCKING WALCOTT AND DAMIEN DUFF YOU CUNT MUFFIN EXTRAORDINAIRE. 

I’m not talking about centre forwards, I’m talking about strikers

• Subscriber
On 07/12/2022 at 23:49, ASF said:

I've read people saying Argentina are clear favorites for this one, but I don't agree with that, especially after what we've seen from them so far, with lackluster performances.

In five previous games, two wins each and one draw, in 2006.

Holland to end Messi's dream of WC glory.

2-1

image.jpeg

If you ever needed evidence that Messi is a sligh little cunt, this match was it. There’s literally nothing endearing about him. Wants everyone to think he’s a great guy when he’s a snide. Fingers crossed Argentina don’t win as I want to taste his tears through that TV screen.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you ever needed evidence that Messi is a sligh little cunt, this match was it. There’s literally nothing endearing about him. Wants everyone to think he’s a great guy when he’s a snide. Fingers crossed Argentina don’t win as I want to taste his tears through that TV screen.

Honestly that picture doing the rounds of Argentina rubbing it in the Netherlands faces after the shootout speaks volumes. They can't enjoy it for what it is, they must revel in the Netherlands misery. 

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Honestly that picture doing the rounds of Argentina rubbing it in the Netherlands faces after the shootout speaks volumes. They can't enjoy it for what it is, they must revel in the Netherlands misery. 

Argies do it - “pure shithousery for the BANTA megalolz”

Netherlands do it - “unsportsmanlike conduct - 15 yard penalty”.

25 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He's done loads of shit in his time but the media always tries portray as an angel. Pep is a similar mould, does his cuntish acts in a sly manner. At least people like Mourinho and Ronaldo are openly cunts and don't try hiding it.

6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

He's done loads of shit in his time but the media always tries portray as an angel. Pep is a similar mould, does his cuntish acts in a sly manner. At least people like Mourinho and Ronaldo are openly cunts and don't try hiding it.

Only Mourinho to be fair. Ronaldo tries to ANALyse his issues with $375k payments….

42 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

• Administrator
4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

If England don't win, I hope Argentina win so we can taste your tears on here :ph34r: :x

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Netherlands 2-2(p) Argentina - Friday 9th December, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
On 09/12/2022 at 23:21, Lucas said:

Netherlands dropped the ball there big time. They had the ascendancy, even if it was taken from Page 1 of Big Sam's playbook. They should have tested Argentina more in extra time and given the two big lads something to attack but I think they got caught in two minds. 

They had the Argies rattled but lost momentum and to be frank, they were just as guilty of taking their foot off the gas as Argentina were in normal time. It took them nearly 75mins to register an attempt. That's not great.

Argentina taking a lot of flack in here for their behaviour, some of it, justified. I'll never forget 1998 personally and it'll be poetic justice if we got to play them in the final now.

But are we forgetting the Netherlands approach to destroy Spain in 2010 or that ugly battle with Portugal in the Euros? They aren't the flair team they once were and have it in them to give as good as they get.

The referee just lost total control. It's games like that where you need a top level ref like Collina was, that takes control of the game and doesn't let it take control of him. When you dish bookings out like Christmas cards, you're asking for trouble.

Battle of Nuremberg, 2006 World Cup.

Fuck the midget cunt. Hope Croatia leaves him in tears.

On 09/12/2022 at 22:00, Tommy said:

35 and still carrying them.

Not sure if it'll be enough for Argentina to go all the way as they even seem to make a more straight forward game difficult for themselves(i.e Saudi, Poland, Australia..), nevermind a tough encounter vs Croatia. 

Dibu Martínez is also a massive unsung hero for them and gives them a big advantage in shootouts. Look at the one vs Colombia in the Copa América as well.

If they do win it though, you've got to be looking at those fans. They are another level and to think that it's far less afforfable for them to go to Qatar than it would be for people in the majority of Europe makes it more impressive.

Archived