talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think he probably just wants to live in London, get paid a shitload and play at a club that will continuously invest in the first team.

Personally I’d go Liverpool like most sane people but here we are

Not like Liverpool were offering him peanuts were they.

The biggest factor is that we had a 3 month head start on Liverpool in establishing the groundwork. He's already familiarised himself with the club and our players. He's also apparently a Chelsea fan. 

I was reading this morning that it was Liverpool who offered more wages than us?? When you think about how much they pay the likes of Mo-money then it's not hard to believe... 

Either way we have to at least match or better Liverpools bid to get him so let's see how much we want him, or how high we are prepared to go to get him.. Be a shame to lose out on him because we tip toed around the asking price. Brighton have made it clear from the off what they value him at and I didn't see any wiggle room emerging from that so we are either in or out! 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

At this point I agree with @Dr. Gonzo I’d pull out of the deal if he doesn’t want to join us and go get Lavia and a CB that does want to join. It’s funny how he’s wanting to show some weird loyalty to Chelsea after they made that Lavia bid. Makes him look silly. 

No point in spending that much for a player who doesn't seem keen on joining tbh - can't trust a player like that to routinely give his all for a club, imo. He'll get his head turned by Chelsea again, or Madrid... or Barca, or someone else at some point and then down tools, I imagine.

The issue is now I think Southampton are well within their rights to say "well since you've got the cash, it's now £60 or £70m for Lavia" - our leverage in negotiating while we're pretty obviously desperate for a DM is basically fucked now. If Palace were serious about the £70m for Doucoure, I'd be more inclined to take him than go for Lavia at £50m (dunno why, but I've got some massive doubts about Lavia as a regular starter for us).

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I was reading this morning that it was Liverpool who offered more wages than us?? When you think about how much they pay the likes of Mo-money then it's not hard to believe... 

Either way we have to at least match or better Liverpools bid to get him so let's see how much we want him, or how high we are prepared to go to get him.. Be a shame to lose out on him because we tip toed around the asking price. Brighton have made it clear from the off what they value him at and I didn't see any wiggle room emerging from that so we are either in or out! 

Our wages are mostly incentive based (so the wage bill for last season is probably much lower than it was the year before) and considering some of the wages you've got for players that aren't as good as Mo being pretty close to his wages, I'm sure Chelsea offer a higher base pay than we do.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No point in spending that much for a player who doesn't seem keen on joining tbh

Sounds like he gave his word on the move to us when the club negotiated with him earlier which is why he may not want to renege on it by choosing another club.. Fair play if that's true.. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our wages are mostly incentive based (so the wage bill for last season is probably much lower than it was the year before) and considering some of the wages you've got for players that aren't as good as Mo being pretty close to his wages, I'm sure Chelsea offer a higher base pay than we do.

You mean like Sterling for instance.. huge wages and not a decent return by any stretch, let's hope Poch can get something better from him across the season.. 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Sounds like he gave his word on the move to us when the club negotiated with him earlier which is why he may not want to renege on it by choosing another club.. Fair play if that's true.. 

You mean like Sterling for instance.. huge wages and not a decent return by any stretch, let's hope Poch can get something better from him across the season.. 

Tbf with Sterling, you were generally shit all of last season and barely anybody performed. It's really hard to gauge how good anyone at Chelsea really is off the back of last season. I also have faith that Poch is capable of getting more from players than Potter... and especially Lampard (who is a dogshit manager tbh).

2 hours ago, Rick said:

At this point I agree with @Dr. Gonzo I’d pull out of the deal if he doesn’t want to join us and go get Lavia and a CB that does want to join. It’s funny how he’s wanting to show some weird loyalty to Chelsea after they made that Lavia bid. Makes him look silly. 

Just buy Laporte and Phillips from us. Mansour has already invested in you so it will probably get the green light like Arsenal last season

31 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Just buy Laporte and Phillips from us. Mansour has already invested in you so it will probably get the green light like Arsenal last season

Stop trying to flog fatty Phillips off to us, nobody wants him except maybe McDonalds

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We really should just be taking this transfer budget to bring Michael Edwards back

This is really an example of why Brighton specifically but also Brentford are so good. The analytical focus comes from the top down, all can be replaced in some capacity. But if you’re hiring the person that heads the analytical mindset of the club it’s incredibly hard to replace that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Storts said:

Chelsea really have ruined football 

I don’t understand how they can do it. Long contracts are used as the reasoning, but if they buy Caicedo and Lavia they will have spent over 300m this window. Then add the hundreds they spent in January just gone. It’s fucking madness. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don’t understand how they can do it. Long contracts are used as the reasoning, but if they buy Caicedo and Lavia they will have spent over 300m this window. Then add the hundreds they spent in January just gone. It’s fucking madness. 

Yes, the FFP stuff just gets more & more bizarre. All I hear described is on one interpretation, the accountancy method of showing that the player has zero accounting value remaining when the contract expires. To show, metaphorically, to finance people, that the club have not lost however much money in one hit when a player leaves on a free transfer. Or for Tesco, when old outdated cash tills are scrapped. etc. On the other hand, it could be describing a mortgage or car finance.

Neither version sits right with me as the true & proper intent around 'financial fair play'

There really should be much more clarity & transparency. Because explanations A, B & C are all being used & referred to as one & the same thing, by many people who are just taking Boffin B's word for it.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Chelsea really have ruined football 

Let's not let the City cheats off the hook here as well, using their own state sponsorship deals to cover FFP.

Chelsea and City have destroyed it. When we were winning there was a end to it, Sir Alex going would have seen a handing over of the rains to Klopp or whoever else was doing well at that point.

There is no end game to the current dominance. Its over.

• Subscriber

I'd personally stop the negotiations after Chelsea pay for him and just move on. Dr. Gonzo is right, if this guy puts this in now there's no guarantees he'll want to stay at the club or perform well when the time comes. I was quite excited at the prospect of this guy coming to us and thought it would help long-term but I think that its going to come back and bite us in the ass eventually. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

What a fucking circus this is. He’s a great player, really is, but I’m very concerned about his attitude after this saga, if he does indeed join us. 

From what I can gather about all this he was approached by us back in May and agreed personal terms pending a bid from us and he gave his word about the move, I am guessing that this gave Boehly a false sense of security and then felt he could put in lower bids than Brighton expected knowing full well the player would be pushing them for the move, I then understand that his agent approached a number of other clubs because the whole process was dragging on and we seemed reluctant to meet the valuation Brighton placed on him, So up popped Liverpool with an offer that exceeded their expectations so an agreement was struck.

Having already agreed terms with us he probably felt he could not go through with a move elsewhere but Brighton are slamming the door shut on  further bids from us I believe so he has two choices, stay at Brighton which he does not want to do or go to Liverpool and renege on an earlier agreement. I doubt if ends up at Liverpool it will affect his performances for you lot only he will probably feel shit about the fact he did not keep his word.. Personally we should have just met Brighton's valuation when it was clear they wouldn't budge rather than end up having to pay even more just to beat another club to the signing..

I am sure no matter what happens at the end that his agent will be making a pretty penny out of it.. 

Chelsea don't have the money and the Player doesn't want to join Liverpool who have the money. 

I think Liverpool will be suited to walk away from this glory merchant.

Chelsea seem to attract first prized chops, Mudryk and now Caicedo.   This guy is questionable

Edited by OrangeKhrush

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

From what I can gather about all this he was approached by us back in May and agreed personal terms pending a bid from us and he gave his word about the move, I am guessing that this gave Boehly a false sense of security and then felt he could put in lower bids than Brighton expected knowing full well the player would be pushing them for the move, I then understand that his agent approached a number of other clubs because the whole process was dragging on and we seemed reluctant to meet the valuation Brighton placed on him, So up popped Liverpool with an offer that exceeded their expectations so an agreement was struck.

Having already agreed terms with us he probably felt he could not go through with a move elsewhere but Brighton are slamming the door shut on  further bids from us I believe so he has two choices, stay at Brighton which he does not want to do or go to Liverpool and renege on an earlier agreement. I doubt if ends up at Liverpool it will affect his performances for you lot only he will probably feel shit about the fact he did not keep his word.. Personally we should have just met Brighton's valuation when it was clear they wouldn't budge rather than end up having to pay even more just to beat another club to the signing..

I am sure no matter what happens at the end that his agent will be making a pretty penny out of it.. 

This sounds a lot like Jerry Maguire for some reason. 

• The title was changed to Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder