Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Premier League Predicted Table

It's that time. Only a week until the new season is underway so I think it's about time to get league table predictions in! Will do mine shortly.

Thinking of this has made me realise that I'm more looking forward to the competitiveness of the FL this season.

You have categories. You have your top six. Each one of them has a burden marker next to them. New ground for one team, new competition to consider for four of them and no defence for the other. Whoever can adapt quickest to there burden will no doubt win the league.

Then you have your Everton category which just consists of Everton.

Then you have your category of teams that are established but all still have areas theyd like to strengthen, and your new(ish) teams that are in the same boat. Southampton you'd presume will do well, and both Bournemouth and West Ham seem to be heading in he right direction. But for teams like Leicester (not as much as the others), Stoke, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Watford and West Brom the next couple of weeks could be telling as they all could do with either more bodies or quality. Failing to do so would cause crossover with Burnley and the promoted teams.

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Everton

7. Arsenal

8. West Ham

9. Crystal Palace

10. Bournemouth

11. Southampton

12. Leicester

13. Newcastle

14. West Brom

15. Watford

16. Huddersfield

17. Stoke City

18. Swansea

19. Brighton

20. Burnley

1. Manchester City

2. Chelsea

3. Manchester United

4. Tottenham Hotspur 

5. Arsenal

6. Everton

7. Liverpool

8. Southampton 

9. Leicester City

10. West Ham United

11. Newcastle United

12. West Bromwich Albion

13. Stoke City

14. Bournemouth

15. Crystal Palace

16. Watford 

17. Huddersfield Town

18. Burnley

19. Swansea City

20. Brighton & Hove Albion 

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Crystal Palace

10. Leicester

11. Southampton

12. West Brom

13. Newcastle

14. Stoke

15. Bournemouth

16. Brighton

17. Burnley

18. Watford

19. Swansea

20. Huddersfield

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Crystal Palace

10. Leicester

11. Southampton

12. West Brom

13. Newcastle

14. Stoke

15. Bournemouth

16. Brighton

17. Burnley

18. Watford

19. Burnley

20. Huddersfield

Burnley do well to finish 17th and 19th. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Burnley do well to finish 17th and 19th. 

fuck sake I swear I make that kind of mistake every year xD 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If they go down you can say you predicted that and if they stay up you can say you predicted that

Win, Win for Stan.. 

He is known for his dabbling so that the balance is slightly tipped in his favour though... Only got to look at his prediction league to see that

1 Man City

2 Chelsea

3 Arsenal

4 Man Utd

5 Liverpool

6 Tottenham

7 Everton

8 Bournemouth

9 Southampton

10 West Brom

11 Leicester

12 Crystal Palace

13 West Ham

14 Newcastle

15 Watford

16 Burnley

17 Huddersfield

18 Stoke

19 Swansea

20 Brighton

I'd like to be more optimistic about our chances of building on last season but as things stand I don't see it.

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Tottenham

4. Liverpool

5. Chelsea

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Crystal Palace

10. Newcastle

11. Southampton

12. West Brom

13. Bournemouth

14. Leicester

15. Watford

16. Brighton

17. Stoke City

18. Swansea

19. Burnley

20. Huddersfield

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool 

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Southampton 

9. Bournmouth 

10. Watford

11. West Brom

12. Crystal Palace

13. West Ham

14. Swansea

15. Newcastle

16. Leicester

17. Stoke

18. Huddersfield

19. Burnley

20. Brighton

I don't think there is any real predictability in the bottom 13. There isn't any order of them that would surprise me except West Ham or Southampton going down.

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man United

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. Southampton

10. West Ham

11. Newcastle

12. Crystal Palace

13. Swansea

14. West Brom

15. Stoke City

16. Bournemouth

17. Watford

18. Brighton

19. Burnley

20. Huddersfield

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Man Utd

4. Tottenham

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Southampton

9. Bournemouth

10. Leicester

11. West Brom

12. West Ham

13. Crystal Palace

14. Newcastle

15. Brighton

16. Swansea

17. Stoke

18. Watford

19. Huddersfield

20. Brighton

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Manchester City

4. Liverpool

5. Arsenal

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Southampton

9. Leicester

10. West Ham

11. Bournemouth

12. Newcastle

13. West Brom

14. Crystal Palace

15. Brighton

16. Stoke

17. Swansea

18. Watford

19. Burnley

20. Huddersfield

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Think I will wait until the transfer window is over.

That's cheating :ph34r: you will know how teams have started the season 

4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That's cheating :ph34r: you will know how teams have started the season 

Is this a standard prediction you have on this forum, that you do ever year at this time? If so I could give you a prediction now, though if there are significant additions in the next three weeks, all bets are off.

36 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Is this a standard prediction you have on this forum, that you do ever year at this time? If so I could give you a prediction now, though if there are significant additions in the next three weeks, all bets are off.

It happens every year and gets bumped in May so people can have a look at how badly they did xD

Imagine if someone other than the obvious top 7 finishes in the top 7. Seems unthinkable.

Not likely to happen, but if we manage to keep Mane and Salah fit throughout the season(or at least the most part of the season) then we can finish in the top 4.

I think Arsenal will struggle this season, if they start badly, simply because the atmosphere will quickly become vitriolic.

Hope Newcastle do well. Think they will finish in the top ten. Will be interesting to see how Everton perform with all those signings.

1. Man United

2. Chelsea

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Southampton

10. Leicester

11. Crystal Palace

12. Bournemouth

13. Newcastle

14. Swansea

15. West Brom

16. Watford

17. Brighton

18. Stoke City

19. Burnley

20. Huddersfield

1st Chelsea - The second title is harder than the first, and Costa leaves a big gap which Morata won't completely fill, but Chelsea have enough quality in the squad and Conte's a top manager. It won't be as easy as last year, but I think they'll do it again.

2nd Manchester City - First place was a toss up between them and Chelsea. For me, there are a few too many questions concerning City, such as Aguero's fitness, new signings slotting in, and their defending. Answer those, though, and they could well pip Chelsea to the post.

3rd Tottenham - They've bought no one and lost Walker, but they're still a really good team and I don't think Wembley will be that big an issue for them over the course of a season.

4th Liverpool - Salah and Robertson are both good signings, but there are still questions at centre back, especially with Matip and Lovren's fitness issues. I'm also yet to be convinced that we'll do any better against teams that defend deep, and the extra Champions' League games could cause problems for our relatively small squad.

5th Arsenal - I don't rate Lacazette, so I don't think they've done enough to get back into the top four. They only got as close as they did last season because we were so inconsistent.

6th Manchester United - They didn't score anywhere near enough goals last season, and replacing Ibrahimovic with Lukaku isn't enough to improve them significantly, if at all, in that respect. Unless I've missed something big, I can't believe I'm seeing them tipped to challenge for the title in here and elsewhere.

7th Everton - Losing Lukaku is a blow. They seem to have signed some good players to replace him, but only time will tell if they pan out as well as Everton hope. Even if we assume the best case scenario,  I don't think they're as strong as they were last season. In any case, they've neither improved nor regressed enough to vacate 7th place.

6 points separated 8th and 17th place last season, so I can't be sacked to try and put them in an order. Defoe will do well for Bournemouth, as will Iheanacho at Leicester. I don't think West Ham have bought as well as people are saying, and Hernandez will struggle in a weaker team than he's used to, but they'll be perfectly safe in lower mid-table.

As far as relegation goes, I think Swansea, Stoke, and Burnley are in trouble. Newcastle will be fine but Huddersfield will struggle and I think Brighton will be in a scrap as well.

18th Swansea

19th Burnley

20th Huddersfield

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Tottenham
8. West Ham
9. Southampton
10. Leicester City
11. Bournemouth
12. Crystal Palace
13. Newcastle
14. Swansea
15. West Brom
16. Stoke City
17. Burnley
18. Brighton
19. Watford
20. Huddersfield

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Man Utd

4. Tottenham

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. Southampton

10. West Ham

11. West Brom

12. Bournemouth

13. Crystal Palace

14. Newcastle

15. Burnley

16. Swansea

17. Stoke

18. Watford

19. Huddersfield

20. Brighton

I'll do one but it's impossible to predict after 7th down. Literally any of the teams below that could go down.

Here goes....

20. Burnley - Lost their key defender, could still lose Gray (although those rumours have died down somewhat) and I'm far from convinced they will sustain their home form from last season - which largely consisted of scraping 1-0s. It's great when it works, but the game against us was a great example, we were the absolute pits and it took a goal that should never have counted for them to get the win. They did well last year, but I think they're probably weaker than last year and they'll have no answers.

19. Brighton & Hove Albion - To be honest this is guesswork (although it technically all is) but I'm just not sure they'll have the quality. I wouldn't be surprised to see them narrowly survive but I can't see them doing much more than that.

18. Stoke City - My surprise pick, but I think Stoke look bang in trouble. I read a good article on them recently that pointed to the discontent amongst their fans. I think it makes a good case for them being relegated. https://www.football365.com/news/stoke-still-waiting-for-sunshine-after-the-rain

17. Huddersfield Town - I don't think Huddersfield will go down. I think they will start their season strongly, but tail off in the second half of the season - but not by enough to go down though. Wagner put together a side that far exceeded expectations in a short space of time, so with some decent money spent in the summer, who is to say they can't surprise people again?

16. Crystal Palace - A quite thin squad and a real change in style of play could take its toll on Palace. I expect them to be in an around the relegation battle, but just about come out of it.

15. Swansea City - I don't think Swansea will do as badly as most people seem to think. Roque Mesa is a potentially brilliant signing and if that's what they can get with £11mil, then what can they do with the Sigurdsson money when that comes in? Although he leaves a huge void and it's crucial they replace it.

14. Newcastle United - I think Newcastle possibly needed a bit more investment, but the signings are slowly coming in. I don't expect Newcastle to be too pretty, but I think they will survive relatively comfortably.

13. West Bromwich Albion - Another Pulis special. Pretty dreadful to watch but will pick up enough wins to survive, and you can beat they will turn some of the top six over too.

12. Watford - I was impressed with Marco Silva at Hull and thought he built a decent side relatively quickly. They fell short but there was promise there, and I expect him to keep Watford up fairly comfortably. Think two years ago. It still surprises me they came 17th last year. Finished 17th without ever truly being in danger.

11. West Ham United - I expect West Ham to produce more of the same. I think their transfer business points to a manager under pressure - a lot of money spent on ageing players. They have brought some decent players in, but I'm still far from convinced about the whole structure there. Still, they're capable of being excellent on their day and that will have them out of the relegation picture for me, but they won't be consistent enough to challenge for Europe.

10. AFC Bournemouth - Gradually getting better and I think they will be well clear of relegation this season. Similar to last time out, I'll say.

9. Southampton - I know little about Southampton going into this season, but they normally get it right with managers so I expect their usual performance, which is not quite good enough for the top 6, but one of the best of the rest.

8. Leicester City - Maybe I'm biased, who knows, but I thought last year despite being utterly horrendous for a large part of the season, we were a wrongly disallowed goal away from a 9th placed finish. It hasn't been a great pre-season, although we finished it well and the signing of Iheanacho has been met with a lot of praise. While I'm not expecting anything like two years ago, I think our home form will keep us comfortably save and I can't see us being so useless away either, although Leicester have a very tough opening two months that could set a bad tone for the season - it did last year. I expect Vardy to have a strong year, but there are question marks over the defence, and the primary creator could still leave. There's still a lot that could affect us, really.

7. Everton - This is normally the safest pick in the league. Not quite good enough for the top six, but not quite bad enough for the bottom thirteen - although I don't think it's beyond them to go either way. They have bought well in my eyes, but they have a demanding schedule and I think those two will cancel each other out, so 7th it is.

6. Liverpool - Maybe a surprise but I think they could struggle a bit relative to last year. A tougher schedule with Europe and they play a demanding enough game anyway. Liverpool need to sort out their defence, their tendency to make a mess of the easier games and their appalling injury record, and I'm not convinced a single one of those will happen. They will catch the eye occasionally though, as they do.

5. Arsenal - I think Arsenal have probably improved slightly, but so have the others and they won't have improved by enough to get back into the top four. Lacazette is what they've been after for years - a pacey striker with a good track record, but their defence still doesn't convince me and we've seen Wenger enough times to know what is coming.

4. Manchester United - I think I may be being harsh here but I still think Man Utd could probably do with a quality natural wide man, it's unreal how many times they play forwards on the wing. They will be hard to beat, but I still think they lack a real magician and that will cost them a higher placed finish.

3. Tottenham Hotspur - Wembley will affect them in my eyes, but they will eventually get used to it (why the fuck do we have to go there last day, fuck sake) and will go on to have another good season. I think if Spurs were at White Hart Lane, even despite their lack of transfer business, they might well have gone all the way - although I'm still unsure they've got the mentality to do it. Still, they're a very good side and I'll be surprised if they're out of the top 4.

2. Manchester City - They've filled in some of their gaps, but I still think they will get caught out defensively in some games and that will be their undoing. I do think they could absolutely smash some sides to pieces though with their attacking talent, they could get 100+ goals.

1. Chelsea - Their squad is still a little thin, but I think they're far from finished yet in the transfer window and Conte's a fantastic manager. It won't be as one sided as last time out, but I think they will go all the way again.