talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 4 - 1-3rd September, 2023

football forum

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

I know Newcastle have had some tough fixtures, but they don't look near as good as last season.

Problem for them is trying to match the heights they reached last season, With European games on the agenda as well it's going to sap them as the season goes on and although the fans will no doubt enjoy the European ride for as long as it lasts it's only being consistent in the league that's going to keep them knocking on that door.. If they struggle in Europe which I expect will happen this season they need to be in a position to bounce back and be there again next season.. It's still early but they seem to be lacking that spark they had last season

I'd still expect Newcastle to start climbing the table. They do have easier looking fixtures ahead, over the next few months. Around Champions League games. But, whether the aim was to have title hopes, retain top 4, or top 7, there does have to be some concern that from Villa, Man City, Liverpool & Brighton, they just turned up big time for Villa. And threw it away against Liverpool.

I always felt Newcastle would struggle this season, its only early but I think top four is going to be a struggle.

Champions league will stretch their squad further. I think there best hopes of Champions league may be dropping into the Europa and possibly winning that.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I always felt Newcastle would struggle this season, its only early but I think top four is going to be a struggle.

Champions league will stretch their squad further. I think there best hopes of Champions league may be dropping into the Europa and possibly winning that.

They won't win that, too many good sides in it. They're average and got away with it last year with a few teams having a year off 

7 hours ago, Storts said:

Ange Postecoglou is a magician. 

Spurs are every Australians second team at the moment.

For me this is what Ange has done at every team he's managed. But I didn't take for granted it would happen here, nor that things would click so quickly... 

Either way it's a joy to watch at the moment.

On 31/08/2023 at 07:00, Rick said:

Whoever chose to broadcast Palace v Wolves over Liverpool v Villa is a headcase. No offense @The Palace Fan

They need to call an audible and change it at the last minute.

I'm going to the game and really cannot be bothered to watch two sides, forced to play boring football because of inadequate ownership, try to put me to sleep.

• Administrator
21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

That Pickford own goal sums up being an Everton fan just about perfectly.

Fuck off.

Said to my brother at the time that it sounded like a goal which just hints at the kind of luck you'll get all season.

16 hours ago, Storts said:

Ange Postecoglou is a magician. 

Seriously underrated across the board before he ended up joining you. Think you'll see a lot of high-scoring games in your favour. Maddison started well too I see. He's using him perfectly.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Danny said:

Wait till you see the highlights of our game, almost impossible not to win it.

For once I'm going to agree with you in that the game should have been way out of sight before Henry's mistake!

So many clear cut chances lost. Should have been about 5-1 before Brooks even gets his chance. 

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

For once I'm going to agree with you in that the game should have been way out of sight before Henry's mistake!

So many clear cut chances lost. Should have been about 5-1 before Brooks even gets his chance. 

For once you cheeky bastard xD Honestly it was a painful watch at times, but also an example of how good we are. I also love the way Thomas Frank chases a game, really chucks everything at it.

• The topic was unpinned