talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

are you serious bruh 😂 

Yup. People making Makelele to have absolutely zero flaws. Actually heard someone say The Mak was 5x the player Kante is. 

I'd desperately like to know what qualities the Mak had that made him 5 times the player. 

Edited by Cicero

On 30/10/2017 at 8:26 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

maradona is better than di stefano! the great academy player than later on his coaching career realized which team was the greatest and switched sides @Cicero and @Berserker😂 

and about the pepper spray...Seriously hijo mio?? No seas gallina che! riBer plate hinchas have lost all dignity!! fucking comparing a fan incident to his team relegation, are you being serious right now hijo mio? 

Newell's Old boys:- Messi and Batistuta.

On 22/9/2017 at 10:57 AM, Blue said:

Ricardo Gareca should have at least been on the list for the best manager in 2017.

He's 2 matches away to completing what seemed like the impossible. Of course its now a matter of "can he complete it".

Excuse me for going on about our qualification (it still hasn't sunk in) but I'm bringing this back up because he's literally accomplished the impossible.

On 17/11/2017 at 7:57 AM, The Artful Dodger said:

Paul Scholes was not some combination of Zidane and Xavi and a few quotes don’t prove otherwise.

Very good player but not one that stands out in his generation and shouldn’t get the pass he seems to get for his poor England form, Lampard and Gerrard don’t.

One thing that always annoys me about scholes is when he bangs on about his utd loyalty. They were winning everything. Not a comparison to Gerards and shearers loyalty. Also when he complained about some England players trying to get big moves out of international tournaments. Easy to say when you're already at a big club

Edited by Guest

On 11/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, The Artful Dodger said:

Paul Scholes was not some combination of Zidane and Xavi and a few quotes don’t prove otherwise.

Very good player but not one that stands out in his generation and shouldn’t get the pass he seems to get for his poor England form, Lampard and Gerrard don’t.

Depending on how broadly you want to define the word generation, I wouldn't have Scholes in the top 5 of his England generation. All this fawning over him is baffling revisionism; there was very little of it while he was playing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know about best attacking trio's but one of the best attacking duo's I've seen was Sturiddge and Suarez. Both were on top top form back then and were a joy to watch. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

The VAR system coming in is going to make the Premier League a worse spectacle, in which the blame culture of managers towards referee's will go through the roof. 

If referees still make poor decisions with VAR then either the rules are too open to interpretation or the refs really don't know what they're doing. I'd say it's both.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If referees still make poor decisions with VAR then either the rules are too open to interpretation or the refs really don't know what they're doing. I'd say it's both.

Looking at what's gone on in Germany, VAR will cause more chaos in the Premier League than the referees alone.

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions