talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't a bad game tbh. 

First half, I thought Leicester probably edged and controlled the midfield. The pass from Ndidi to Vardy that led to Leicester's goal was fantastic. That said, after West Ham's poor start, they come into the game from the 30th-35th minute and deserved a goal before the break. 

Second half felt like attack vs defence and West Ham couldn't finish anything, though they come close a couple of times. I see the Ayew incident has been mentioned, I thought no foul at the time and at live viewing, I thought he was outside of the box. 

As for the ground, it's awful. I had some Dutch lads one side of me and the other, Elijah Wood, his Mrs and his ginger kid that watched kids tv on an iPad. The Americans turned up after 20 minutes and left after an hour. Atmosphere wise, the second half was better but the noise is just inaudible cheers, unless it's Bubbles, and it wasn't that good. 

It seemed a tourist event, really. Or a show, rather than a game of Football. Popcorn, doughnuts and people taking pictures at every opportunity just killed anything resembling an atmosphere. 

• Subscriber

Right I've sobered up and calmed down (somewhat). Still not happy with that overall. I thought we bossed the first twenty and looked a very assured side. There was a point in that first half though that West Ham started putting pressure on us and we never seemed to recover. Far too easily knocked off our stride.

Both goals were absolutely horrendous defending but that shouldn't be a surprise.

The second half was one of the worst halves of football I've seen in my life. I have never seen so many players go down with knocks, causing a delay to the game and wrecking any momentum either side could get into. I don't remember us having a meaningful chance that half. Most of our better players had off days, Mahrez in particular I thought was shocking.

I do like the noises Puel makes about what he wants to do with the team and if you look at his track record, over a period of time he does have a history of improving teams so I think it's worth buying into what he's doing, but my god there've been some worrying trends under him. In four games we've turned in four shocking second halves and now in the last three games on the spin we've conceded on the stroke of half time - in all three occasions they were game changers.

As previously stated I think we needed to win that. Spurs at home on Tuesday is more than likely going to be a loss, and Burnley should be treated with the respect they've earned this season, that's a tricky one too.

Not good. West Ham, like Stoke were there for the taking and yet by the time the final whistle came I was kind of relieved we hadn't lost. Strangely though we're now unbeaten in five away games.

Archived