• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

No he hasn't. Have you heard the joke I'm talking about? He referred to the thousands of Gypsies who got killed in the Holocaust as "nobody wants to talk about the positives". He would never have made that joke about Jewish (or black or Asian or disabled) people and you and I both know it, because in this particular joke, the Gypsy community was made the butt of it.

People don't view them as race which is why most don't consider it to be on the same level.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They've been identified as a race since the 70s or 80s I believe. 

Not by the vast majority of people. Might have a lot to do with them not coming up in conversation or in the news that often.

To be honest, Jimmy Carr probably inadvertently put more of a spotlight on them which will do more for their movement going forward but people don't want to talk about the positives.

(Calm down. The last bit was a joke referencing the joke that people are upset by. Calm down.)

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

If you get offended by a joke, just call that comedian a prick and move on with your life. The government adjusting legislation to censor comedy on streaming platforms is not a path I'm in favour of.

Yeah pretty much.

People have the right to be offended. They can say they were offended by a joke. They can talk about how it offended them.

Why would the government need to get involved and censor a comedian for being offended.

This guy says it pretty well:

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not by the vast majority of people. Might have a lot to do with them not coming up in conversation or in the news that often.

To be honest, Jimmy Carr probably inadvertently put more of a spotlight on them which will do more for their movement going forward but people don't want to talk about the positives.

(Calm down. The last bit was a joke referencing the joke that people are upset by. Calm down.)

This was better than the original joke to be fair.

But on a serious note, while I'm still saying he should probably apologise, these jokes do perform the important function of our discourse of actually raising awareness, even if that's not what he was going for.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's pussy behavior from Apple. 

More likely that Taylor Swift and her team quickly changed things. She's a pop star. Trying to appeal to as wide an amount of people as possible without offending anyone is more important than staying true to what you wanted to have in your music or videos. That's why it's mostly bland stuff.

Been edited on YouTube from what I can tell as well. The actual segment of her looking at the scale and the other her shaking her head is there but they just removed the explicit and triggering frame or two that had the word "fat" in it... which doesn't really change much.

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

More likely that Taylor Swift and her team quickly changed things. She's a pop star. Trying to appeal to as wide an amount of people as possible without offending anyone is more important than staying true to what you wanted to have in your music or videos. That's why it's mostly bland stuff.

Been edited on YouTube from what I can tell as well. The actual segment of her looking at the scale and the other her shaking her head is there but they just removed the explicit and triggering frame or two that had the word "fat" in it... which doesn't really change much.

Not sure I get the outrage given we are constantly told Fat is beautiful. 

37 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Trying to appeal to as wide an amount of people as possible without offending anyone is more important than staying true to what you wanted to have in your music or videos.

We wouldn't know what she finds more important. She never said anything about the issue, they just edited the video quietly.

It does seem to be more important for her publicist or someone at the record lable to value the f€€ling$ of her overweight fans rather than a few dudes saying wokeism has gone too far or something among those lines, but yea, it's telling that she would give up the integrity of her work seemingly so easily. Maybe wokeism really has gone too far.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

She has a lot to apologize for though. I have dated 2 women who are obsessed with tay tay and by god it was painful. 

Mate, I’ll take a Tay Tay gobby for the team. No need to thank me.

the snowflaking has been hardcore with Twitter being bought out.   no longer will conversation be

person A: cats are reptiles

person B: cats are feline and mammals

Person A and horde: you are reptilephobe #cancel #banaccount

that guy on MSNBC hurling abuse on Elon is just funny.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Mate, I’ll take a Tay Tay gobby for the team. No need to thank me.

My hero. 

I was dating a bird for 8 weeks or so. I would rather sleep with her again than Tay Tay. 24, gorgeous netballer. She had tear drop shaped boobs, which was ironic, because they brought tears to my eye. Anyway, she wouldn't shut the fuck up about her, only listened to her, and her entire idea of comedy was Taylor Swift puns. 

Was a short but sweet affair. :(

Archived